The Joe Biden 2020 tracker thread (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Its a good start...

Whether he actually follows through in pushing for it is yet to be seen. That goes for any politican , Biden, Trump, Sanders etc.

Last edited:
    Have you already forgotten 2016?

If by we you mean yourself then explain what you think Sanders is all about. It's likely very different from my interpretation, which I assume wasn't included in the "we".
    Come on, man...

I'm not sure how you can't see that hiding a candidate from debates,
    For the 3rd time, it has nothing to do with hiding anyone... it's ab out forming an unified front, and allow the Sanders supporters to cool off from their eventual tantrum (like in 2016) and go out and vote

Have you already forgotten 2016?

Ah, and there it is. If you're going to postulate that the 2016 democratic loss was more a product of Democratic division started by progressives as you seem to allude to here:

But if you think it best to continue to create division among the progressives/liberals until the very end, well, that's what you think it is best.

Then it logically follows that you're going to have to explain what proofs you have of such. More than asserting "everyone knows about 2016".

Come on, man...

Come on, what? Maybe you could be a little more clear what you mean when you say "by now we know what Sanders is all about".

That statement could be taken many ways, but in context of the conversation it seemed to be a slight.

Maybe you could clarify?

For the 3rd time, it has nothing to do with hiding anyone... it's ab out forming an unified front, and allow the Sanders supporters to cool off from their eventual tantrum (like in 2016) and go out and vote

For the nth time...Do you still not understand that this 'unified front' narrative you refuse to let go of isn't in fact how a primary works?

What do you want Sanders supporters or those not completely confident in a Biden presidency to do? Keep quiet?

Seriously, tell me. What should we do?

Your condescending language toward the Sanders wing only exacerbates tension between moderates and progressives. You know, the same thing moderates scold Sanders supporters for doing online. I didn't have a "tantrum", and I supported Sanders in 2016. What gives?

It's wrong on both accounts and does nothing to strengthen the party, if that's the prerogative.

Last edited:
    Welp, if this debate is any indication -- Biden's going to struggle against Trump.

He actually started off pretty damn solid until he denied ever having said he was for cutting social security.

Honestly I think this would actually help:

Hmmmmm..... :hihi:

President-Vicente-Fox.jpg

Dialogue be damned. Never give up the caustic one-liners, SS ❤

There is no point in continuing this dialogue.

You want to deny that by now everyone and their grandmothers know what Sanders is about.
    You continue to downplay the reaction of Sanders and his followers in 2016.
    You continue to mis-characterize me saying the Democrats need to get their story and resources together before the general, repeating that what I want is to "hide" Biden.

There is no point in continuing this dialogue.
    You want to deny that by now everyone and their grandmothers know what Sanders is about.

You've yet to define what it is that you think everyone and their grandmothers know "Sanders is about". Once again, that is what I asked about.

That could be anything from you saying he's stubborn and unelectable to his policy positions. There's no way of me reading your mind if you just state that and don't reveal what you're getting at.

You continue to downplay the reaction of Sanders and his followers in 2016.

I don't downplay anything. I know some Sanders supporters switched to Trump or didn't vote. I'm not denying that.

Conversely, I've seen the body of evidence in the argument of Sanders supporters votes and Democratic turnout vs. Trump in 2016 and come to the conclusion that it was the Hillary campaign's negligence in key states along with a unappealing, bland platform that didn't turn out votes when it counted in 2016, resulting in a loss. I've been very open about this for as long as I can remember.

You continue to mis-characterize me saying the Democrats need to get their story and resources together before the general, repeating that what I want is to "hide" Biden.

I never said you wanted to hide anyone. I did indicate (once, not continuously), that Biden's staff appear to be hiding him in the sense that they are cutting his speaking time short. There's evidence that is a good idea based on his confrontations with the public recently.

If Biden wants to galvanize resources right now..Playing devil's advocate for a moment..He'd be wise not to lie on national television about his record.

Go on the offensive, not the defensive vs. Sanders. Agree on points you agree on (shocked that he said he agreed on the Green New Deal btw) and admit your faults but put more emphasis on what you WILL do. Make important ideas (HC, student loans, money in politics) a priority. He did that to a decent extent tonight, especially incorporating some of Sanders and Warren's student loan and bankruptcy policies, respectively.

He already has the moderate vote in the bag.

Wow. Biden committed that his running mate will be a woman if he gets the nomination.

I really dislike that he came out and said it like this (same with the black female Supreme Court nominee). All this does is give fuel to the anti-identity politics people, while scoring only limited points with anyone else (the same points he would have scored by announcing a female running mate anyway). He should have just announced his running mate (who happened to be a woman) as the best choice for the job. It's an insult to the eventual choice that she will instead be the best female choice for the job.

Having said that, I've thought for several weeks now that personally I would love to see Kamala Harris as his running mate. I think she offsets a large number of his many negatives in a very needed way.

Having said that, I've thought for several weeks now that personally I would love to see Kamala Harris as his running mate. I think she offsets a large number of his many negatives in a very needed way.

I'm starting to feel the same way. It's either that or she's the black female he's nominating to SCOTUS (Although I'd be a-ok if it's Michelle Obama).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom