The Impeachment Process Has Officially Begun (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrus

Admin
    Staff member
    Reaction score
    By Laura Bassett

After months of internal arguing among Democrats over whether to impeach President Donald Trump, the dam is finally breaking in favor of trying to remove him from office. The Washington Post reported that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi would announce a formal impeachment inquiry on Tuesday, following a bombshell report that Trump illegally asked Ukraine’s government to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, one of his political opponents. (He essentially admitted to having done so over the weekend.)

“Now that we have the facts, we’re ready,” Pelosi said Tuesday morning at a forum hosted by The Atlantic. At 5 p.m. the same day, she was back with more. "The actions taken to date by the president have seriously violated the constitution, especially when the president says Article Two says I can do whatever I want," referring to the segment of the Constitution that defines the power of the executive branch of the government. Pelosi's message was that checks and balances of those branches are just as central to the Constitution. And one more thing: "Today, I am announcing the House of Representatives is moving forward with an official impeachment inquiry," she said at a conference broadcast on Twitter by the Huffington Post. ...

Read the Full Story - InStyle

That’s factually incorrect.

He won the state popular vote by almost 200k over Hillary* in 2016.

Mormons love Trump
    His peak forbility has been 52%. That isn't enough to motivate people to recall. It would have to be upper 50's to lower 60's to have a chance. People don't like to recall someone unless it is absolutely terrible.
    If you like, you can put your money where your mouth is. 20 bucks to the others favorite charity and healthy helping of crow in a new thread over him getting recalled.

Will be interesting if he gets recalled in Utah since he went into business for himself and potentially not the people he represents.
    Recalls are incredibly difficult. Doubt anything will come of it. Trump isn't that popular with mormons. They do have some integrity with their religious beliefs.

Members of Congress can't be recalled. They either get voted out in the next scheduled election or they get expelled by the respective chamber.

Neither will happen to Mitt.

His peak forbility has been 52%. That isn't enough to motivate people to recall. It would have to be upper 50's to lower 60's to have a chance. People don't like to recall someone unless it is absolutely terrible.
    If you like, you can put your money where your mouth is. 20 bucks to the others favorite charity and healthy helping of crow in a new thread over him getting recalled.

I’d rather just take the wait and see approach. As I stated before, it will be interesting to see what happens.

Members of Congress can't be recalled. They either get voted out in the next scheduled election or they get expelled by the respective chamber.

Neither will happen to Mitt.

Thanks for the clarification.

For the record I do think it would be really dumb to essentially null a red state senator in an election year.

Again, this will be interesting to see play out.

Donald Trump will be the first president in the History of the United States to have a member of his own party vote to remove him from office.

I'm no Trump fan boy... but to call Romney a "member of the current president's party".... is stretching it a bit... LOL

In any case... It never mattered... As I said at the beginning of all this... this was all a political exercise that was certainly bound to fail in the Senate, and would be spun by both sides to drum up talking points for the 2020 election... so in that purpose... Mission accomplished I guess.

An election which (IMO) has been handed to Trump (who has no challengers in the GOP) by establishment Dems that just "had to do this Impeachment - thing".... yet... can't get a single candidate on their 2020 ticket that can both fit their perceived candidacy requirements AND motivate voters in the middle.

What a mess... glad it's over (for now).... and I hope one day one side or both sides or even an outside party can produce a real candidate worth voting for who's only agenda is working for the betterment of all Americans... not just the one's that vote for a Letter next to their name.

I'm no Trump fan boy... but to call Romney a "member of the current president's party".... is stretching it a bit... LOL

In any case... It never mattered... As I said at the beginning of all this... this was all a political exercise that was certainly bound to fail in the Senate, and would be spun by both sides to drum up talking points for the 2020 election...

An election in which IMO has been handed to Trump by establishment Dems that just "had to do this Impeachment - thing".... yet can't get a single candidate on their 2020 ticket that can both fit their perceived candidacy requirements AND motivate voters in the middle.

What a mess... glad it's over (for now).... and I hope one day one side or both sides or even an outside party can produce a real candidate worth voting for who's only agenda is working for the betterment of all Americans... not just the one's that vote for a Letter next to their name.

Romney was the Republican nominee in 2012.

He is a model of the Republican Party.

Trump isn’t really a Republican, he is just using the party.

In any case... It never mattered... As I said at the beginning of all this... this was all a political exercise that was certainly bound to fail in the Senate, and would be spun by both sides to drum up talking points for the 2020 election... so in that purpose... Mission accomplished I guess.

An election which (IMO) has been handed to Trump (who has no challengers in the GOP) by establishment Dems that just "had to do this Impeachment - thing".... yet... can't get a single candidate on their 2020 ticket that can both fit their perceived candidacy requirements AND motivate voters in the middle.

Has he been canceled by Republicans? What would you call him, given he's been a life long republican, was the parties presidential candidate, ran on a republican ticket for Senate, caucuses with republicans in the Senate, and was considered for the Secretary of State position by Trump when he was elected?

Romney was the Republican nominee in 2012.

He is a model of the Republican Party.

Trump isn’t really a Republican, he is just using the party.

There is no more Traditional Republican Party... Trump took it over in 2016, and Romney is a left over relic of that now defunct institute... The only reason Romney voted the way he did is due to the state he's from... he knew there would be no blow back there... Romney is basically no different than Biden at this point... a dinosaur with no one to answer to.

Again... glad this is over... can't wait for both parties to crumble under the weight of their own (monumental loads of) BS so we can get some real candidates.

That said... the Dems are handing 2020 to Trump on a sliver platter.

There is no more Traditional Republican Party... Trump took it over in 2016, and Romney is a left over relic of that now defunct institute... The only reason Romney voted the way he did is due to the state he's from, and he knew there would be no blow back there... Romney is basically no different than Biden at this point... a dinosaur with no one to answer to.

Again... glad this is over... can't wait for both parties to crumble under the weight of their own BS so we can get some real candidates.

That said... the Dems are handing 2020 to Trump on a sliver platter.

Then they aren’t Republicans.

Call it something else.

Donald Trump gave money to Hillary and Anthony Weiner’s campaigns.

He was a democrat until they nominated a black man for President. That’s not an accusation. It is a fact.

Saying that Donald Trump has redefined the Republican Party only serves to expose that those remaining Republicans never really believed in anything at all.

Ya'll need to keep up... Romney is not a Republican... He's now a man with no Island.

Trump took over the Republican party in 2016...

There is no more Republican party...

It's Trumps' party now...

Call it whatever you want... but that's what it is.

Ya'll need to keep up... Romney is not a Republican... He's now a man with no Island.

Are you saying that the things a Republican believes in have changed significantly in the past five years?

info man-

So are you saying he voted to convict because he felt free to vote his conscience and the facts as stated instead of toeing the party line because he feared no blowback?

I couldn’t agree more.

Fair enough. I can agree with you here, even if you are kind of contradicting yourself somewhat.

Romney is still a Republican, he just has no party. What used to be the Republican party is no more, it's now Trump's party.

Which kind of begs the question, what should they be called now? Maybe the Oranges? The Alphas? The Walls?

info man-

So are you saying he voted to convict because he felt free to vote his conscience and the facts as stated instead of toeing the party line because he feared no blowback?

I couldn’t agree more.

Who the heck knows why he did it...? It could be that he voted his conscience because he had no fear of blow back... could be he had a beef to settle with Trump and didn't fear any blow back... could be that that he's a deep state Dem mole that has been in hiding for decades (LOL).... who knows... they all lie so much anything is a possibility really...

I'm not much for labels... I consider myself politically neutral or Independent if you wanna put me in a box...

From my point of view... there is no more Republican Party... It's Trumps' party... His party loosely resembles what the old one was... It has some of the same political views / principles... but has no filter on how to get those things accomplished, or who they smash to get it done... that's the Trump way... obviously there are a ton of people that are okay with that... you know... all results oriented... by any means necessary... you know.. that whole break some eggs to make this omelet thing... but sprinkled in with some conservative agenda goals... that's the new party of Trump... IMO at least.

Stay tuned though... the Dems are likely going to go in the 180 degree opposite direction soon in an attempt to fight the new Trump party (fire with fire style)... and that's only going to make it worse...

As I have said many times... we need another party... or no parties... or just a sane person to vote for would be nice.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom