The Impeachment Process Has Officially Begun (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrus

Admin
    Staff member
    Reaction score
    By Laura Bassett

After months of internal arguing among Democrats over whether to impeach President Donald Trump, the dam is finally breaking in favor of trying to remove him from office. The Washington Post reported that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi would announce a formal impeachment inquiry on Tuesday, following a bombshell report that Trump illegally asked Ukraine’s government to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, one of his political opponents. (He essentially admitted to having done so over the weekend.)

“Now that we have the facts, we’re ready,” Pelosi said Tuesday morning at a forum hosted by The Atlantic. At 5 p.m. the same day, she was back with more. "The actions taken to date by the president have seriously violated the constitution, especially when the president says Article Two says I can do whatever I want," referring to the segment of the Constitution that defines the power of the executive branch of the government. Pelosi's message was that checks and balances of those branches are just as central to the Constitution. And one more thing: "Today, I am announcing the House of Representatives is moving forward with an official impeachment inquiry," she said at a conference broadcast on Twitter by the Huffington Post. ...

Read the Full Story - InStyle

I bet the big slice he hit after the sliding scoop move made him curse. Ain't no way that man is a scratch player.

He probably just needs more practice. And maybe an encouraging word, if that's not too much to ask.

Capture-1.png

Regardless of whether you were for or against impeachment, it's good to see the POTUS getting some fresh air and exercise. His mental health is important and he appears to be in good spirits.

And, of course...there's always another tweet...

I bet the big slice he hit after the sliding scoop move made him curse. Ain't no way that man is a scratch player.

I play 2-4 times per week. I have never heard of a sliding scoop. His shift looks pretty darn good and you can tell he has a good lag as the club head has barley passed his hands well past the ball.

to the poster that said the photo looks off, lololololololol

They aren't dense, its worse than that, they don't want to see the evidence. They don't dare go against "dear leader" for fear of not being re-elected. The Republican party has become a total joke....
    I know most of the Republican senators aren't truly dense. I just said that, since most are still claiming that they're aren't convinced. That leaves 2 possibilities. They are either dense or they're lying. A few may be dense, but I know most are just lying, and I know they are lying because they are afraid of being attacked by Trump. Since they're lying about the notion that the evidence isn't overwhelming, then I feel justified in lying about the nature of their intelligence. Since they're lying about needing more evidence, we should lie about how the extra evidence may convince them. I know it won't the change minds of the liars, but it will further reveal the Trump criminality, and might change the minds of the truly dense. When a few more truly dense change their minds, then the lying Republicans may stop fearing Trump, because some of his dense followers will now be convinced, making Trump less dangerous.

That photo of the president golfing appears “off” to me.

If there’s one thing the Trump presidency is full of - it’s pictures of him golfing. It wouldn’t be hard to compare or photoshop with that many data points.

That leaves 2 possibilities. They are either dense or they're lying. A few may be dense, but I know most are just lying, and I know they are lying because they are afraid of being attacked by Trump.

Is “having their jobs is more important than doing their jobs” a third option, or does it fall under lying?

But I suppose that’s the fear part of your post. Trump is just another spineless bully, and bullies are gonna bully. Republican senators seem to be fine with being pushed around, as long as they get to keep their jobs.

Is “having their jobs is more important than doing their jobs” a third option, or does it fall under lying?

But I suppose that’s the fear part of your post. Trump is just another spineless bully, and bullies are gonna bully. Republican senators seem to be fine with being pushed around, as long as they get to keep their jobs.

do you think Pelosi bullied the house democrats into thinking they were actually going to win this impeachment? Are the democrats in Congress that inept, or are they trying to keep their job? Obviously their voters have been bullied by Pelosi as well. Either she has a wicked spell or She is handing out the new gullible flavored Oreos to democrat voters.

do you think Pelosi bullied the house democrats into thinking they were actually going to win this impeachment? Are the democrats in Congress that inept, or are they trying to keep their job? Obviously their voters have been bullied by Pelosi as well. Either she has a wicked spell or She is handing out the new gullible flavored Oreos to democrat voters.

you really believe that crap? Lol. I have a video for you, it’s about witches, so it applies to your thinking. I sincerely hope you will listen and really think about it.

you really believe that crap? Lol. I have a video for you, it’s about witches, so it applies to your thinking. I sincerely hope you will listen and really think about it.

sorry I don’t watch or listen to propaganda. Oh by the way, I’m about to go to Mass.

Too bad, because that’s not propaganda, lol. It’s about fear, though. You probably need to hear it more than most on here.

Too bad, because that’s not propaganda, lol. It’s about fear, though. You probably need to hear it more than most on here.

ma’am, I’m an alpha male of Italian decent. I fear God, my Italian wife and my Italian mother and that’s it.

would you care to espouse more of why you think I need to watch something about fear more so than most on here?

It may be presumptuous of me, but I think maybe you are like a lot of other people who are attracted to Trump. He plays on fear and anger, doesn’t he? Is almost his whole schtick. Fear of immigrants, fear of Mexican gangs, fear of the future, fear of Democrats, lol. And he turns the fear into anger. It’s not that Trump is the only politician who has done so, that’s fairly common, but he does it more consistently and more often.

As the video says, we’ve come a long way from “the only thing we have to fear, is fear itself” to being afraid of a lot of things. When fear is invoked, take a minute to think about who wants you to be afraid. And why do they want you to be afraid? Why do they want you to be focusing on immigrants, Mexican gangs, Democrats?

Why did you assume the video I linked was propaganda? This is a serious question.

It may be presumptuous of me, but I think maybe you are like a lot of other people who are attracted to Trump. He plays on fear and anger, doesn’t he? Is almost his whole schtick. Fear of immigrants, fear of Mexican gangs, fear of the future, fear of Democrats, lol. And he turns the fear into anger.

Why did you assume the video I linked was propaganda? This is a serious question.
    It IS propaganda.
    The guy is a self-described anarchist, adversarial journalist, activist, photographer named Justin King whose screen name is Beau of the Fifth Column.
    What's a "Fifth Column"?
    A fifth column is any group of people who undermine a larger group from within, usually in favor of an enemy group or nation.
    Yep, it's propaganda.
    No, I'm not watching it. I read enough positive reviews on far-left websites.

Last edited:
    This is propaganda only in the sense that any opinion piece is propaganda. 🙄

It’s opinion, based on his views. He doesn’t claim anything that is fiction is fact. He does caution against the “true believers” of any sort of ideology. He says they are the most dangerous people in the world. I do tend to agree with that. We need a return to common sense.

Fear of different ideas, lol. There’s more than one meaning of fifth column, you know.

I am curious about your “far left” websites. Which would those be that you read for positive reviews, because I haven’t seen them.

Last edited:
    I
    It may be presumptuous of me, but I think maybe you are like a lot of other people who are attracted to Trump. He plays on fear and anger, doesn’t he? Is almost his whole schtick. Fear of immigrants, fear of Mexican gangs, fear of the future, fear of Democrats, lol. And he turns the fear into anger. It’s not that Trump is the only politician who has done so, that’s fairly common, but he does it more consistently and more often.

As the video says, we’ve come a long way from “the only thing we have to fear, is fear itself” to being afraid of a lot of things. When fear is invoked, take a minute to think about who wants you to be afraid. And why do they want you to be afraid? Why do they want you to be focusing on immigrants, Mexican gangs, Democrats?

It was listening to Demtocrats, not Trump, that motivated me to reconsider my position on Trump. I have no choice but to support the President.

This is propaganda only in the sense that any opinion piece is propaganda. 🙄

It’s opinion, based on his views. He doesn’t claim anything that is fiction is fact. He does caution against the “true believers” of any sort of ideology. He says they are the most dangerous people in the world. I do tend to agree with that. We need a return to common sense.

Fear of different ideas, lol. There’s more than one meaning of fifth column, you know.

I am curious about your “far left” websites. Which would those be that you read for positive reviews, because I haven’t seen them.
    He calls himself an anarchist. His screen name says he's "fifth column." So, in my book, he's a purveyor of propaganda.

Regarding "far left" websites, look it up yourself.
    Go to Google. Type Beau of the Fifth Column Daily KOS. The whole first page is nothing but folks at Daily KOS telling people to watch his video. He's a media darling there.
    If there's a more "far left" website than Daily KOS, I'm not aware of it. Media Bias Check calls it "extreme" Left.

So, let's skip straight to the Media Bias Check for Beau of the Fifth Column
    - misleading reports
    - omits reporting of information that may damage liberal causes
    - mixed rating for factual reporting
    - use of poor sources.

1580660396766.png

Say, where did you come across this propaganda video in the first place?

look, I meant no I’ll will when using a commonly used cliche. I’m not changing the way I speak because someone may get offended. I don’t keep a list of words not to use as to not offend any of the worlds population.

so move learn and move on is correct. Why make an issue out of something that wasn’t an issue (very symbolic of the impeachment)
    Actually never bringing up this whole charade might have been the better option instead of trying to spark a faux outrage.

Being “black history month” doesn’t make something more or less insensitive. You are blowing a perfectly innocent comment out of proportion to make a sjw point. (I didn’t use an acronym for black history month, because it is disrespectful, I don’t have the same respect for sjw’s).

wonder if he got upset when 5 Democrats used the word lynching in reference to Clinton's impeachment?

So, I got busy and I never got a chance to respond to some of you all's replies. I never intended this to be a thread jack, and I don't want it to continue to be, so I will make this my final thoughts on the subject. I have read through the thread and saw some others have responded but I didn't want to leave my thoughts open-ended.

First, I do recognize you didn't mean to use the term maliciously which is why I didn't approach it aggressively. I used a fragmented sentence asking that we not "go there" and provided a reason why. My thoughts and who I am as a poster are fairly well known, I assume, so I'm confident in stating that my initial statement was mild. Your responses to it are telling however. It seems you all were offended.

I'm guessing that is why you felt the need to attempt to insult me with all the "sensitive" SJW stuff. I'm unbothered with all of that and it doesn't register with me. My request was small and it stands. Lynching is not only overly hyperbolic but it is in poor taste. We want the MCB to open for everyone, right? We want persons of all backgrounds and cultures and ideologies to not only participate but feel welcomed, right? Well, as a black man, the last thing I want to read or hear is that the President is enduring a lynching. He's not. It's just wildly inappropriate to say. I'm not clutching my pearls or crying my eyes out over it, which is always the extreme you all like to take it to, in a false attempt to somehow shame someone for being soft. Quite frankly you all come across as soft by your responses to it.

The Clinton thing is a red herring but I'll address it. It's wrong. Full stop. He wasn't being lynched anymore than Trump is. And if those persons posted here and made such a statement, I would tell them so. In response to BHM, my reason for bringing it up is simple. It's on my mind and it makes the reference doubly as cringey. It's like a Christian saying something blasphemous around or during Christmas. I'm sure blaspheming is wrong all of the time but doing it around that time seems doubly offensive. That feels like common sense to me. The need to twist it into "it's not offensive unless it's BHM" seems like more trolling to me.

I realize Black History Month* doesn't mean the same to everyone but a little societal awareness is good for everyone (*FYI--I type BHM for the same reason I type POTUS or MVP or GOAT. Sometimes I'm on a phone and a few less punches not only saves time but, for me, some sanity.) "Trade rape" was a term I used to use, shamefully. I certainly didn't mean it maliciously. I definitely wasn't trying to offend anyone. Was just talking sports and the phrase was common. It wasn't something I would publicly say, usually just in private circles. No one suggested I stopped using it. But, there was a moment when I realized the phrase was just inappropriate, publicly or privately. I would like to think the volunteer work I did/do at a women's shelter aided that decision. Perhaps I just grew up.

If you felt I was taking shots, I wasn't. Just requesting that you use a different phrase that is more appropriate. No one in politics is being lynched. It's an easy thing to do to find another appropriate phrase. You obviously will do what you want. As will I. The MCB is better off when we can respect each other perspectives. C'est la vie.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom