The Impeachment Acquittal was Illegitimate Process has Officially Begun (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Archies Ghost

Reaction score
    Those hoping for a brief break from all of this have their hopes dashed by a preemptive narrative shift.

Those hoping for a brief break from all of this have their hopes dashed by a preemptive narrative shift.

What is the intent of posting this (in the context in which you framed it) on the MCB if not to be incendiary? Threads like this are better served being posted on your affiliate boards. When starting a new thread, You all need to be cognizant of the fact that the intent of this board is to avoid such topics framed in a manner that sets the table for toxic exchanges with the opposition.

Bill Belichick needs to give the state of the union address and just say “on to 2020”.

What is the intent of posting this (in the context in which you framed it) on the MCB if not to be incendiary? Threads like this are better served being posted on your affiliate boards. When starting a new thread, You all need to be cognizant of the fact that the intent of this board is to avoid such topics framed in a manner that sets the table for toxic exchanges with the opposition.
    What is incendiary about posting about what a major political party is actually doing?

Where is the concern for the Republic when the Democrat party is actively trying to destroy the Constitutional order by declaring the results of an impeachment process illegitimate before it reaches its conclusion? A conclusion that will have been reached according to the Constitution and established precedent.

We are seeing the Republican party accused of being lost to reason and putting on a sham trial in order to support an obviously criminal president.

That is the sort of rhetoric that, if true, demands bloody revolution.

And I am the one being incendiary by pointing this out?

that actually made the news because it was an unusual statement, as I recall, made in 2017 no less. You had to go back pretty far to find that. He actually makes a true statement, the Russians participated in our election to help Trump get elected. He then makes a conclusion that is opinion, though, and we don’t have enough evidence to say whether their participation was enough to sway the results. So he was half right, actually.

What did you think about Pat Cipp not disclosing that he was a material witness to the case during the impeachment trial, should he have done that, as I heard some legal people say? Does it open him to ethics charges?

What did you think about OMB disclosing at midnight after the vote that they do actually have a group of emails that would be pertinent to showing Trump’s reasons for withholding the aid? Either McConnell was in on that, knew about it and conspired to keep it a secret until after his caucus voted the way he wanted, or he was played for a fool by Trump. Wonder which one it is? Of course, neither one is particularly good for him in the upcoming election.
    So you are giving up the notion that no Democrat worth mentioning has claimed Trump is an illegitimate President?

Seems weird that this one post by Archie would be labeled incendiary when just in the last day or two on one single thread will find these:
    There are many theories about when it was exactly that Republicans lost their minds.

This reminds me of yet another point about trump and his supporters; the habit of projecting onto their opponents the things of which they themselves are guilty. Aside from the inability to acknowledge their own faults, they tend to project the things that they are guilty of onto those who are calling them out. Again, it takes courage to acknowledge and accept wrong doing and faults. This is not something that is present in trump nor his most ardent supporters.

Trump and his supporters and defenders tend to get angry when confronted by the truth. It's the reason why they continue to repeat his lies. It's comforting to them. Being confronted by the truth tends to make people whose whole persona is based on a lie, upset. It makes them irrational to the point that they lash out making themselves look like fools. Those of us who are not perfect, who do not do everything right, who actually have some sense of humility acknowledge that. The truth comforts those who seek and revel in it whereas lies provide a temporary comfort to people like trump and his supporters.

You fear God yet you support a godless criminal and justify it.

You and the rest of trump supporters stink of fear. You fear the truth and because you fear the truth you allow yourself to eagerly support a corrupt, weak individual.

Seems weird that this one post by Archie would be labeled incendiary when just in the last day or two on one single thread will find these:
    Probably because Andrus doesn't have time to read every post in every thread, but a thread title can catch his eye pretty quickly? Seems a simple and logical explanation for a post from him.

Or are you calling him biased?

Do you really need to question whether or not this tread was incendiary and a waste of time, given the interaction that has come of it so far? It's a pointless thread. What exactly do you expect from it? Would it make any of you Trump supporters happy if Democrats said the Senate's lack of a trial was legitimate? No, it wouldn't. You already know how Democrats feel, none have hidden their feelings. We all think it was a pretty weak attempt at cover-up by Republicans, that revealed their one and only true purpose ... to keep Trump in office at all cost.

Best to take this to your own board and bathe in each's others ridicule of the other side as snowflakes.

What was the goal of this thread? Maybe if a question or discussion was included in the article such as "Does it benefit the Dems keeping this stance?" Or "I think this is going to hurt/help the Dems". It was inflammatory at best looking to "own the libs."

Probably because Andrus doesn't have time to read every post in every thread, but a thread title can catch his eye pretty quickly? Seems a simple and logical explanation for a post from him.

Or are you calling him biased?
    I am not calling him anything.

But it is not that hard to find other quotes like the ones I posted. Just wondering why Archie's - which as best I can tell did not get personal, whether directly or indirectly, while a multitude of others that clearly get personal are allowed to stand.
    I mean the post above mine by Coldseat is a perfect illustration. But the OP is the one that gets called out? It just seems weird to me.

Do you really need to question whether or not this tread was incendiary and a waste of time, given the interaction that has come of it so far? It's a pointless thread. What exactly do you expect from it? Would it make any of you Trump supporters happy if Democrats said the Senate's lack of a trial was legitimate? No, it wouldn't. You already know how Democrats feel, none have hidden their feelings. We all think it was a pretty weak attempt at cover-up by Republicans, that revealed their one and only true purpose ... to keep Trump in office at all cost.

Best to take this to your own board and bathe in each's others ridicule of the other side as snowflakes.
    It is my opinion that the impeachment thread was incendiary and a total waste of time, as evidenced by the thread itself and the reaction to the outcome of impeachment.

And that was my basic point in starting this thread. 270 pages of impeachment and trial and what exactly was accomplished?

The Democrat leadership decided that any outcome other than conviction would be framed as illegitimate and a cover up by the Republicans. We knew that going in.

If we were having honest conversations, we would all recognize that, Trump, although flawed, is abiding by the bounds of the Constitution. The Democrats and some Republicans have been trying to get rid of him since election day 2016 and this impeachment was a charge waiting for crime.

Elections have consequences. Throwing a never ending temper tantrum when you lose and actively trying to remove an elected President because he won should not be one of them.

Yet here we are, 4 years later, engaged in the same silliness day after day.

If we were having honest conversations, we would all recognize that, Trump, although flawed, is abiding by the bounds of the Constitution. The Democrats and some Republicans have been trying to get rid of him since election day 2016 and this impeachment was a charge waiting for crime.

Elections have consequences. Throwing a never ending temper tantrum when you lose and actively trying to remove an elected President because he won should not be one of them.

You can repeat that until you're blue in the face. We're not listening any more and we don't really care what you or really anybody that's in league with Trump truly thinks. It literally doesn't matter one iota.

These are just Trump talking points and that's exactly how they're treated.

We also will just never agree. That's not an honest conversation, that's a myopic and biased conversation, and nobody has time for that.

PS, By "We", I'm mostly just talking about myself, because I can't really speak for anybody else. I just assume that most people feel the same way I do, since I really haven't seen much to contest that.

It is my opinion that the impeachment thread was incendiary and a total waste of time, as evidenced by the thread itself and the reaction to the outcome of impeachment.

And that was my basic point in starting this thread. 270 pages of impeachment and trial and what exactly was accomplished?

The Democrat leadership decided that any outcome other than conviction would be framed as illegitimate and a cover up by the Republicans. We knew that going in.

I personally think the question of "will we get a reprieve" is legitimate considering the fact that this President has literally been under investigation every day of his first term. That's incredible. Maybe it's like living near the airport with planes flying over all the time and you get used to it.

I understand that people on the other side of the aisle see things differently and think he deserves it.

But, can we really ignore that as time passes there has consistently been shady crap revealed concerning those who are doing the investigating? The FISA abuses, the screwery connected with the handling of the Flynn case, the FBI lovebirds and their revealing texts, the altering or hiding of evidence, the Minsfurd mystery, etc.

Whether people want to acknowledge it or not - there is a large segment of the population that is suspicious of the motives behind these investigations as well as the way they have been conducted.

You can repeat that until you're blue in the face. We're not listening any more and we don't really care what you or really anybody that's in league with Trump truly thinks. It literally doesn't matter one iota.

These are just Trump talking points and that's exactly how they're treated.

We also will just never agree. That's not an honest conversation, that's a myopic and biased conversation, and nobody has time for that.

PS, By "We", I'm mostly just talking about myself, because I can't really speak for anybody else. I just assume that most people feel the same way I do, since I really haven't seen much to contest that.

Funny the right gets accused of using talking points, but the left is genuine glib their analysis. It seems y’all would realize your strategy of “trump bad” is a losing cause.

you should be ashamed of yourself. Liberals, what do you do? A conservative has terminal cancer and you celebrate. Disgusting.
    Can someone please elaborate on this please? What is EIB and the announcement that was made? I'm not liberal so I can't comment but are there any other liberals out there making the same type of comment?

Funny the right gets accused of using talking points, but the left is genuine glib their analysis. It seems y’all would realize your strategy of “trump bad” is a losing cause.

There is no "Trump bad" policy. Saying Trump is bad is like saying the sky is blue.

Can someone please elaborate on this please? What is EIB and the announcement that was made? I'm not liberal so I can't comment but are there any other liberals out there making the same type of comment?

I have no clue what that's about either, but given that Lazybones mentioned terminal cancer, I'm going to guess it's about Rush Limbaugh.

you should be ashamed of yourself. Liberals, what do you do? A conservative has terminal cancer and you celebrate. Disgusting.
    I didn’t realize what the “EIB announcement” meant until I saw your post, but I agree (except for the part of painting all liberals as celebrating).

Wow. Limbaugh has lung cancer. The irony cannot be lost on that. Good luck to him on his battle. I remember when he accused Michael J Fox of faking his illness.

Wow. Limbaugh has lung cancer. The irony cannot be lost on that. Good luck to him on his battle. I remember when he accused Michael J Fox of faking his illness.
    I remember his awesome stint as an NFL analyst on Fox (or whatever network he was on) that lasted like 2 weeks before he got canned for making racist insinuations about Donovan McNabb.

This is the first I heard about him having cancer though. Wouldn't wish that on anyone. As much as I disagree with him and genuinely dislike him, I hope he beats it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom