The Fox Political Channel serves an important service (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

TomT

Reaction score
    I think we all may be too hard on Trump's Political Channel (TPC) Fox. Sure, they continue to lie their arses off for money, but they are providing an important public service. There are millions of Americans who desperately need their most heart-felt fears confirmed and expanded. Seems the older you get the more fears you need to fill your day.

The Fox Political Channel fills that need. 70% of the TPC (Fox) audience is over 50. As I am 76, I can safely say that us elder Americans are bewildered by the rate of change that is happening in the world we live in. We can't keep up. We need someone to tell us who the new "enemy" is!

According to TPC, our enemies (aggregated into the LEFT) and also known as "Them" are demonic, non-human, psychopaths, child molesting, baby blood drinking, election stealing and genuinely anti-American people trying to masquerade as our fellow church members, neighbors, relatives, doctors, police, teachers, service providers and elected officials. We should fear them all. TPC shows us how devious they all are! As the Trump Political Channel says 24x7x365 "they are far worse than you think!!!!"

Here's how it works.

Remember the most popular guy in your youth? He was the one who could, as you sat around the campfire, tell you the most scary ghost stories. He could scare the bejesus out of you.... and you loved it! (those of you under 64 return to you phones)

Our permier ghost story teller in our youth is the one responsible for all our national "division." He was the guy who addicted us to Ghost Stories. (Long before Steven King" He showed us the enlivening thrill of lurking DANGER. When we feel lurking danger we feel more alive!

The Trump Political Channel has simply replaced your favorite ghost story guy with millionaire ghost story experts. They deftly return older Americans to the bygone days to ghost stories of endlessly impending danger. It made us all feel more alive back then and we damned sure need someone to help us know who to blame for our inflamed fears today. TPC provides our daily Fear fix. Thank you, daily fear source. As all of us elderly fear addicted folks know, a day without a new fear is a day without sunshine.

Of all the news outlets, Fox News is near the top of the list. Most of the time they're extremely honest and accurate. The thing is you have to watch with an open mind. What I mean by that is you have to realize Fox, at times, puts a conservative spin on political issues. It's really no different than what CNN and MSNBC do, although Fox doesn't go to the extreme as those do. But overall if you're looking for a good, honest news outlet you can do a lot worse than Fox.

Of all the news outlets, Fox News is near the top of the list. Most of the time they're extremely honest and accurate. The thing is you have to watch with an open mind. What I mean by that is you have to realize Fox, at times, puts a conservative spin on political issues. It's really no different than what CNN and MSNBC do, although Fox doesn't go to the extreme as those do. But overall if you're looking for a good, honest news outlet you can do a lot worse than Fox.

You must have missed that whole lawsuit thing where the world was shown definitive proof that Fox intentionally lies to its viewers.

You must have missed that whole lawsuit thing where the world was shown definitive proof that Fox intentionally lies to its viewers.
    Yeah, I’m sure he has no idea about it because - shocker - Fox News didn’t cover it.

Echo: Fox News does a lot worse than any other news outlet that you mentioned. They lie repeatedly and purposefully to get ratings. You don’t have to believe me, just look at their own emails and texts that were released as part of the discovery on their Dominion lawsuit. They knew what Rudy and all the MAGAS were saying about the election were lies, but they repeated the lies anyway because the couple times they told the truth (like when they called Arizona for Biden) their ratings tanked.

They have a history of this. Seth Rich, Obama’s birth certificate, PizzaGate were all lies they told - on purpose - to goose their own ratings. And those are just a few things.

It used to be the case that the actual news side of Fox “News” was fairly respectable- they did spin but they didn’t report falsely. But they have purged a lot of their actual journalists and now their hard news isn’t really better than their prime time lineup.

In order to get to this point:
    You have to actively ignore this point:
    for reference since some think "Most of the time they're extremely honest and accurate"
    I'm starting to see "echoes" of the past from @Echo, pun intended. I just don't see anyone realistically expecting to be taken seriously here by making that statement that was posted by @Echo.

This is the kind of doublespeak you get from Fox. Idiots, all the way down the line:

Years back there was a survey that showed that Fox News viewers knew less about the news than those that don't watch any news.
    Real world case study right here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom