Community The Far Side: The Agenda of the _____ (Topic one: Immigration) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

V Chip

Truth Addict
    Reaction score
    OK, going off what is in the other thread, I'll pick the first issue of immigration, since that was one of the issues in that bad thread over there...

Not sure on what the time frame should be to hash out the details on the private boards before coming back to the MCB to post the results. A few days? A week? I'm open to suggestions, but I think a week would be good.

Immigration can also include the topic of asylum seeking and refugees. I think they should be a separate subtopic from the main, but I don't want to put too many "rules" on how this would operate.

I'll create a thread on the Liberal board. If someone can create one for the Conservative board and maybe even the Moderate board that would be swell.

Remember, the general idea is to create what your group thinks the other side wants in regards to Immigration -- one that the other side would find agreeable or debatable, but not that they would find offensive or ridiculous. "Conservatives want to deport and the POC!" or "Liberals want open borders and free stuff for immigrants to buy votes!" is NOT going to provide any meaningful discussion.

Use this thread to ask questions about the idea -- time frame, format, whatever -- but discuss the actual topic of Immigration on each sub board instead of here.

I guess I will start it off.

What I believe liberals want from a revised immigration policy: Something that is streamlined and efficient. A process that takes no more than 90 days. Very little will prevent people from entering the country outside of violent crimes. Full access to US healthcare and education for children of families applying. Once admitted into the country with full citizenship, given a stipend to help get on their feet.

I guess I will start it off.

What I believe liberals want from a revised immigration policy: Something that is streamlined and efficient. A process that takes no more than 90 days. Very little will prevent people from entering the country outside of violent crimes. Full access to US healthcare and education for children of families applying. Once admitted into the country with full citizenship, given a stipend to help get on their feet.
    Please do the commentary on the private boards. The idea is for each group to put together their ideas, then post them here once they are completed.

Please do the commentary on the private boards. The idea is for each group to put together their ideas, then post them here once they are completed.

Is anyone actually participating in this?

Last edited:
    We have some discussions so far on the liberal board. 9 replies so far, so there is some.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom