The Danger of Backsliders (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

OneIsTheWord

Reaction score
    Those who Are Anxious Backsliders

Deuteronomy 4:29-31 (NKJV) But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul.
    When you are in distress, and all these things come upon you in the latter days, when you turn to the LORD your God and obey His voice
    (for the LORD your God is a merciful God), He will not forsake you nor destroy you, nor forget the covenant of your fathers which He swore to them.

Proverbs 14:12-14 (NKJV) There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.
    Even in laughter, the heart may sorrow, And the end of mirth may be grief.
    The backslider in heart will be filled with his own ways, But a good man will be satisfied from above.

Jeremiah 2:19 (NKJV) Your own wickedness will correct you, And your backslidings will rebuke you. Know therefore and see that it is an evil and bitter thing That you have forsaken the LORD your God, And the fear of Me is not in you," Says the Lord GOD of hosts.

The who cry out

Jeremiah 4:18-20 (NKJV) "Your ways and your doings Have procured these things for you. This is your wickedness Because it is bitter Because it reaches to your heart."
    O my soul, my soul! I am pained in my very heart! My heart makes a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, Because you have heard, O my soul, The sound of the trumpet, The alarm of war.
    Destruction upon destruction is cried, For the whole land is plundered. Suddenly my tents are plundered, And my curtains in a moment.

If one continues you can lose the blessing of you're inherited

Zephaniah 1:6-7 (NKJV) Those who have turned back from following the LORD, And have not sought the LORD, nor inquired of Him."
    Be silent in the presence of the Lord GOD; For the day of the LORD is at hand, For the LORD has prepared a sacrifice; He has invited His guests.

2 Peter 2:20-22 (NKJV) For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning.
    For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: "A dog returns to his own vomit," and, "a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire."

Proverbs 1:31 (NLT2) Therefore, they must eat the bitter fruit of living their own way, choking on their own schemes.

Hebrews 3:12-13 (NKJV) Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; but exhort one another daily, while it is called "Today," lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Those Who Lack Strength to Resist Temptation Chastisement & Chastening

1 Corinthians 10:13 (NKJV) No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

Hebrews 12:3-11 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.
    You have not yet resisted bloodshed, striving against sin.
    And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: "My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
    For whom the LORD loves He chastens,
    And scourges every son whom He receives."
    If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?
    But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.
    Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live?
    For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness.
    Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Heb 12:5-11 (NKJV)"My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; For whom the Lord loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives." If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?

Heb 12:8 (NKJV) But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.

Heb12:11 (NKJV) Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Heb 12:8 (NKJV) But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.

Heb 12:10 (NKJV) For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness.

I am too great a sinner

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.

Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool.

Matthew 9:12-13 When Jesus heard that, He said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.
    But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice.' For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."

My heart is too hard

Ezekiel 36:27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.

Jeremiah 10:23-24 O LORD, I know the way of man is not in himself; It is not in man who walks to direct his own steps.
    O LORD, correct me, but with justice; Not in Your anger, lest You bring me to nothing.

I am afraid I cannot hold out

John 10:28-29 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
    My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.

I am so weak

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
    Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

I have tried before and failed

Luke 22:31-32 And the Lord said, "Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat.
    But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren."

Isaiah 40:29-31 He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength.
    Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall,
    But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

I can’t give up my evil ways

Galatians 6:7-8 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
    For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

There is too much to give up

1 John 2:15-17 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
    For all that is in the world--the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--is not of the Father but is of the world.
    And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.

Philippians 3:7-8 (But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ.
    Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ

The Christian life is too hard

Matthew 11:29-30 (Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
    For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Who am I?

I’m angry Eph 4:26

I’m depressed Lam 1:

I’m tempted 1 Corin. 10:13

I want other things Philip 4: 13; Heb 13: 5

I’m greedy 1 Tim 6: 10; 6: 24

I’m persecuted because I am in Christ Galatians 2:20

Someone abandoned me Psalm 34: 18; 147: 3

I feel betrayed Matt 18: 21 - 35

I’m conceited Psalm 10: 4; Prov 16:18; Isa 2:11

I’m Selfish Philip 2:3; James 3:16

A friend dies Matt 5: 11 – 12; 5: 4; Psalm 90: - 1 Corin 15:

I’m frustrated Habakkuk 1:

I’m Sorry Psalm 51:

I’m worried Matt 6: 25 - 34

I’m Sad Psalm 42:

I’m tied Matt 11: 28; Psalm 119: 28

I’m lonely Psalm 25: 16 – 18

I’m dying Philip 3: 20 – 21; Rev 21: 4

I feel like praising God-Abba Psalm 47:

I’m in Love – Song of Solomon 8: 6 - 7

I want to thank God-Abba Psalm 100:

Could you please keep posts to one thread? Instead of flooding the board with posts that only have Bible quotes? This is supposed to be a discussion board, and you are not offering any, just spamming Bible verses.

Could you please keep posts to one thread? Instead of flooding the board with posts that only have Bible quotes? This is supposed to be a discussion board, and you are not offering any, just spamming Bible verses.
    greetings
    I see that you have about 26 posts to my 12, and yes the word is very powerful indeed :cool:
    flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

greetings
    I see that you have about 26 posts to my 12, and yes the word is very powerful indeed :cool:
    flat,550x550,075,f.jpg
    I do have posts that offer discussion; you are just quoting the Bible.

The only power Bible verses have is the power those with blind faith give them... they don't do nothing for the thinking person.

The only power Bible verses have is the power those with blind faith give them... they don't do nothing for the thinking person.

A question of faith, :cool:I believe when a person is truly saved by the Lord Jesus Christ he or she is given the Gift of faith of Christ by God Himself, Jesus said no one can come to me, only but God Himself and no one can go to Father, only by me, meaning Jesus Christ's.
    So no one individual can not go on their own faith.
    Faith is a gift of God by His Son.
    Now the saved individual can now have faith in the mercy of God and is able to please God.

1 Cor. 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit;

1 Cor. 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless, I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Gal 3:22-27 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
    But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterward be revealed.
    Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Eph 2:8-9 But after that faith comes, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
    For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
    For as many of you as having been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    Not of works, lest any man should boast.

So what is faith?
    Hebrews 11:6
    But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarded of those who diligently seek Him.

Deuteronomy 32:20 And He said: 'I will hide My face from them, I will see what their end will be, For they are a perverse generation, Children in whom is no faith.

Matthew 6:30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

Matthew 8:10 (NKJV)
    When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, "Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!

no faith

little faith

great faith

Faith is the absence of what?
    SoreTartGiraffe-size_restricted.gif

It is pointless. Andrus should just shutdown this section.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
    Top Bottom