Student Loan Debt - NPR - What a Biden Admin may do (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

wardorican

Reaction score
    Interesting interview. It's 11 minutes long.

One tidbit was that students with the most debt often have the best means to pay it. Those with the least debt are most likely to go into default. That's backwards from how I'd think of it, outside of Dr's and Lawyers.

And Republicans in the Senate are already talking behind the scenes about the potential backlash. Asshats can't get out of their own way.
    With all this stuff and Trump as their likely nominee, Republicans are doing their part in helping Biden to win reelection. I'm not stupid or naive enough to say Trump absolutely can't win at this point.. but he won't win and Republicans will probably struggle to take the Senate - and hold onto the House - in a year where, based upon the map, it should almost be there's for the taking.

With all this stuff and Trump as their likely nominee, Republicans are doing their part in helping Biden to win reelection. I'm not stupid or naive enough to say Trump absolutely can't win at this point.. but he won't win and Republicans will probably struggle to take the Senate - and hold onto the House - in a year where, based upon the map, it should almost be there's for the taking.
    I doubt that student loan deadbeats are a feared voting block.

I doubt that student loan deadbeats are a feared voting block.
    I'm one of those people you call "'student loan deadbeats." You have a very strong tendency to make these kinds of unnecessary and unprovoked insults about groups you don't like or agree with.

Every group you insult is made up of actual living human beings. For every group you insult, there is someone on this board which the definitions of that group applies to.

You seem to be oblivious to or just don't care about that.

This is a big part of why you're having such a hard time getting along with people here. Almost every single post you make has insults in it and almost all of those insults applies to someone on this board who is reading your insults.

Do you think I'm going to be inclined to treat you with respect and tolerance after you refer to me as a "student loan deadbeat?"

I'm one of those people you call "'student loan deadbeats." You have a very strong tendency to make these kinds of unnecessary and unprovoked insults about groups you don't like or agree with.
    Whereas you and the other members of the board are unfailingly polite when talking about people with whom you disagree or don't like?
    Every group you insult is made up of actual living human beings. For every group you insult, there is someone on this board which the definitions of that group applies to.
    Are Trump supporters human beings?
    You seem to be oblivious to or just don't care about that.

This is a big part of why you're having such a hard time getting along with people here. Almost every single post you make has insults in it and almost all of those insults applies to someone on this board who is reading your insults.

Do you think I'm going to be inclined to treat you with respect and tolerance after you refer to me as a "student loan deadbeat?"
    You did not treat me with respect and tolerance before, so what changed after me calling people who don't want pay the student loans that they agreed to pay student loan deadbeats?

Last edited:
    You did not treat me with respect and tolerance before, so what changed after me calling people who don't want pay the student loans that they agreed to pay student loan deadbeats?
    So, someone is a deadbeat simply because they don’t want to pay back the loan? The vast majority of people with student loans have been complying with the terms. But you consider them deadbeats anyway.

You are not much of a libertarian in my observations. You want to control a whole lot of things that people do or say. And now you are regulating their thoughts about their loans.

🤦‍♀️

So, someone is a deadbeat simply because they don’t want to pay back the loan?
    That is the definition of "deadbeat." It's a slang term.
    The vast majority of people with student loans have been complying with the terms. But you consider them deadbeats anyway.
    Not if they have been complying with the terms and continue to do so.
    You are not much of a libertarian in my observations. You want to control a whole lot of things that people do or say. And now you are regulating their thoughts about their loans.

🤦‍♀️
    Saying that they are deadbeats if they are looking for a way out of paying a debt is not "regulating their thoughts about their loans." Oh, the drama!

You do get that they way out of paying that Biden tried to get them is for others to pay back the loans, right? The loans would not be "cancelled."

You do get that they way out of paying that Biden tried to get them is for others to pay back the loans, right? The loans would not be "cancelled."

What's wrong with others paying for the education of our youth?

Servicemen's Readjustment Act (1944)​

Signed into law by President Franklin D. Roosevelt on June 22, 1944, this act, also known as the G.I. Bill, provided World War II veterans with funds for college education, unemployment insurance, and housing. It put higher education within the reach of millions of veterans of WWII and later military conflicts.......................................................................................Within the following seven years, approximately eight million veterans received educational benefits. Under the act, approximately 2,300,000 attended colleges and universities, 3,500,000 received school training, and 3,400,000 received on-the-job training. The number of degrees awarded by U.S. colleges and universities more than doubled between 1940 and 1950, and the percentage of Americans with bachelor degrees, or advanced degrees, rose from 4.6 percent in 1945 to 25 percent a half-century later.

https://www.archives.gov/milestone-...the following seven years,on-the-job training.

What's wrong with others paying for the education of our youth?
    Apples and Oranges.

Cancelling loans is not paying for the education of our youth. That was already paid for with the money out youth borrowed. Now that they are educated, time for them to put all that they learned to some good use earning a living and paying the banks back.

The GI bill is earned in spades. That's how I paid for college. Since I had worked for my education, I took it seriously and had a job waiting when I graduated. And no college loans.

The military is having severe recruiting issues due to their abuse of soldiers who chose not to vaccinate and their absurd wokeness over preparedness policies.

Good news, though! If you've already racked up the debt, you can join Army and get it paid off:

So, if you majored in gender studies and are surprised that no one has given you a six-figure job that you can work from home while you also work on becoming a video game designer, the Army is for you!

That is the definition of "deadbeat." It's a slang term.

Not if they have been complying with the terms and continue to do so.

Saying that they are deadbeats if they are looking for a way out of paying a debt is not "regulating their thoughts about their loans." Oh, the drama!

No, just thinking that you don’t want to pay back a loan doesn’t make you a deadbeat, unless you’re Sack, I guess.

To be a deadbeat, you have to actually, you know, default. It’s sort of sad that this has to be pointed out to a person your age.

Apples and Oranges.

Cancelling loans is not paying for the education of our youth. .................................................

You said "You do get that they way out of paying that Biden tried to get them is for others to pay back the loans, right? The loans would not be "cancelled."

So what are you talking about "Cancelling loans is not paying for the education of our youth"?

I repeat, what's wrong with others paying for the college education of our students? Yours was paid for by others through the GI Bill.

No, just thinking that you don’t want to pay back a loan doesn’t make you a deadbeat, unless you’re Sack, I guess.

To be a deadbeat, you have to actually, you know, default. It’s sort of sad that this has to be pointed out to a person your age.
    If I call them "would-be deadbeats," would you be happier?

Or is it just that I'm wrong no matter what?

If I call them "would-be deadbeats," would you be happier?

Or is it just that I'm wrong no matter what?
    No, you’re only wrong when you’re actually wrong. Calling them would-be is an improvement, but it’s still an emotional response to people who haven’t done anything wrong and aren’t contemplating doing anything wrong. They just want a government benefit to be passed for them. It’s not a crime.

No, you’re only wrong when you’re actually wrong. Calling them would-be is an improvement, but it’s still an emotional response to people who haven’t done anything wrong and aren’t contemplating doing anything wrong. They just want a government benefit to be passed for them. It’s not a crime.
    No, and I never said it was a crime.

You have a point. Would-be student loan deadbeats are just another group hoping to cash in on the government giveaway spree before it finally ends. Which won't be when Republicans take over, they are just as bad as Dems in that regard. This is what we have been taught that government is for: to provide an endless supply of free stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom