State of this site? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Yoweigh

is still not a rookie.
    Reaction score
    Website
    www.reddit.com
    Hi y'all. I haven't participated here much at all since breaking off from SR. I'm wondering how it's been going. Can someone give me a synopsis? How have the walled garden boards been working? Have we tried to expand beyond the old politics board yet? If so, the results don't look too promising from my untrained eye. :(

How it's going... a mix I'd say. I think @Andrus and co have done a great job of putting together a well-structured site, Andrus's news compilation on the front page is worth a glance in the mornings, and there's a lot of really great, insightful, contributions on the site.

I get the impression the moderation has been a bit tricky, due in part to time constraints on the part of the moderators I think - which is understandable, y'know, 2020 - and some posters have been struggling to keep to the higher standards (especially compared to the internet at large) of the main board. So there's a been a couple of interventions, some warnings, and some bannings. But overall, while there's room for improvement, I think they're doing as good a job as can be expected of keeping the ship generally on course. I think it's a lot nicer here than it is in most, if not all, of the roughly equivalent forums out there, put it that way.

I can't speak for all the walled garden boards naturally, but from my point of view they're working better than I expected. I thought we might find a lot of the debate shifting to those instead of the main board, but so far it hasn't worked out like that. It's a nice addition.

So, I'd say while it maybe isn't quite all clicking together yet, it's on its way. I don't think there's been active significant expansion, but there's at least a couple of posters I don't really remember posting much on the old PDB. And as things become more stable, I'd expect the "if you build it, they will come" effect to kick in.

I like the “walled gardens”, and I wasn’t sure how they would work. Nice place where you can discuss stuff, share stuff that wouldn’t work on the main board, and just chat with people in a friendly manner.

Do walls work?

Great Wall of China, Israel's wall, and etc.

Sometimes you just can't get along with your neighbor, or just need privacy I suppose.

1606065774372.png

So far I'm enjoying my time on the forums. Not a lot of intellectual debate but enough to keep me entertained. There's a few posters I like. Hopefully I can stay an active member and give the site a little jolt. I'll start posting more threads to kickstart activity shortly. Thanks again for having me.

So far I'm enjoying my time on the forums. Not a lot of intellectual debate but enough to keep me entertained. There's a few posters I like. Hopefully I can stay an active member and give the site a little jolt. I'll start posting more threads to kickstart activity shortly. Thanks again for having me.

There is plenty of intellectual discussion, you are just ignoring it.

Edit: Sorry, I also meant to add that you're behaving like a condescending jerk.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom