SPLC Report: White House immigration aide Stephen Miller's "Affinity for White Nationalism" (review of 900 emails) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    This apparently will be a series of reports on Miller based on analysis of 900 emails that Miller sent to Breitbart editors from March 2015 through June 2016.

In the run-up to the 2016 election, White House senior policy adviser Stephen Miller promoted white nationalist literature, pushed racist immigration stories and obsessed over the loss of Confederate symbols after Dylann Roof’s murderous rampage, according to leaked emails reviewed by Hatewatch.

The emails, which Miller sent to the conservative website Breitbart News in 2015 and 2016, showcase the extremist, anti-immigrant ideology that undergirds the policies he has helped create as an architect of Donald Trump’s presidency. These policies include reportedly setting arrest quotas for undocumented immigrants, an executive order effectively banning immigration from five Muslim-majority countries and a policy of family separation at refugee resettlement facilities that the Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Inspector General said is causing “intense trauma” in children.

In this, the first of what will be a series about those emails, Hatewatch exposes the racist source material that has influenced Miller’s visions of policy. That source material, as laid out in his emails to Breitbart, includes white nationalist websites, a “white genocide”-themed novel in which Indian men rape white women, xenophobic conspiracy theories and eugenics-era immigration laws that Adolf Hitler lauded in “Mein Kampf.”

Hatewatch reviewed more than 900 previously private emails Miller sent to Breitbart editors from March 4, 2015, to June 27, 2016. Miller does not converse along a wide range of topics in the emails. His focus is strikingly narrow – more than 80 percent of the emails Hatewatch reviewed relate to or appear on threads relating to the subjects of race or immigration. Hatewatch made multiple attempts to reach the White House for a comment from Miller about the content of his emails but did not receive any reply.

I think the SPLC framed his emails in the worst way. There are some weak connections.

However, as pointed out, there are some more clear examples. Those examples likely shade the rest more towards being racist than they would on their own.

Oh, I'll review what they're saying when I have time.
    Right now, though, the first thing that comes to mind is the SPLC listing religious organizations that oppose homosexuality as "hate groups" and using such bogus labels to generate more money because of the "rise in hate groups."
    Self-generated, self-serving, self-fulfilling prophecy . . . $ $ $

not at all. I just think we can do better than that first garbage that he posted. Did you even look at it? It really was an awful source. If we rely on that type of source this site will never reach its potential.

And it really should be noted that both are not really factual reporting, but are opinion pieces.

We should also note that the SPLC is only the publisher of the Miller story. The writer is senior investigative reporter Michael Edison Hayden. I believe he has a good reputation and credentials.

But also, much of the content is original source material - that’s the nut.

We should also note that the SPLC is only the publisher of the Miller story. The writer is senior investigative reporter Michael Edison Hayden. I believe he has a good reputation and credentials.

But also, much of the content is original source material - that’s the nut.

I think it was the writing by Hayden that caused me to stop reading yesterday. The whole Trump said white supremacists are very fine people is just a credibility killer, IMO.

I think it was the writing by Hayden that caused me to stop reading yesterday. The whole Trump said white supremacists are very fine people is just a credibility killer, IMO.

That’s fair - I’m not even interested in the commentary that is provided. The content of the emails is the story, IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom