Sometimes you Gaetz karma (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

I guess being a butt crevice doesn’t put you above the law. The investigation started under Barr. Trump officials were aware of it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...-gaetz-sex-trafficking-investigation.amp.html
    It makes you wonder if that was one of many primary factors President Trump was using as convenient, necessary "political leverage" against Gaetz and other Reps. who Trump or his cronies in his administration knew about, discovered or had the means to distribute career-destroying scandalous information in case he and others started having doubts about supporting Trump's policies or adhering to his MAGA cult of personality.

I believe this sex scandal also illuminates into greater focus why Gaetz was the sole no-vote in a 2017 anti-human trafficking bill that had broad bipartisan support when first proposed, and then passed, IIRC.

Considering the DOJ and FBI are remaining mum about all of this, including the extortion accusations, tells me ole Matt might want to keep his mouth shut (he can't though).

Considering the DOJ and FBI are remaining mum about all of this, including the extortion accusations, tells me ole Matt might want to keep his mouth shut (he can't though).

Sadly, no. His lip seems to do that all the time.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/p...0210405-5qbme6ilzna3rhry6gzqeevwpq-story.html

Little background (pay wall, but you get to view a couple articles for free).

He's on his own...

The Daily Beast reported on Friday night that Trump himself was monitoring the situation but following the advice of aides to stay quiet about it. And several people familiar with their relationship said Gaetz and Trump have not spoken regularly lately, even after the lawmaker had offered to resign from Congress to join the ex-president’s impeachment defense team in February.

Operatives inside Trump World say the silence is owed to a variety of factors. Among them is the fact that Gaetz has always been regarded as a grenade whose pin had already been pulled. The congressman had a reputation for a wild personal lifestyle that, associates say, occasionally bordered on reckless. Some of Gaetz’s own aides would regularly send embarrassing videos of their boss to other GOP operatives, according to two people familiar with the videos.

“Anyone that has ever spent 10 minutes with the guy would realize he’s an unserious person,” said one former Trump campaign aide.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom