Sexuality Talk (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Huntn

Misty Mountains Envoy
    Reaction score
    What is JK Rowling issue with Transgender? I just started a very fun game, based on the Harry Potter book series, Hogwarts Legacy so this bugs me how someone can have such creativity, but come across as a troglodyte. She says she supports transgender, but appears to be mired in tradional views of birth sex is the only real sex, and seems to feel her identity as a woman is threaten by sexual interlopers. I’ll admit, I could be somewhat in error. This is my impression. Then quite boggling is her need to comment about Nazis never persecuting trans-people. Why?
    I won’t say that claiming Nazis did not pick on transgender people equates to Holocaust denial, but it is troubling. 🤔

Maybe that's one of Rowling's problems, that she's accused of being a Holocaust denier over a comment on book burning.

I'd would've used different language to point it out, but someone who claims that Nazis burned books on transgender healthcare would have to show some evidence of these books, especially since the word "transgender" wouldn't be coined for another 50 years, and what we know as "transgender healthcare" today.

The article also says:
    the ISS was the first of its kind in the world, a research center dedicated to sexology, or the study of human sexuality. Headed by Magnus Hirschfeld, the ISS conducted groundbreaking research and developed treatments for issues affecting gay, transgender, and intersex people, among others.

Think about that quote for a second... what's a "treatment" for issues affecting gay, transgender people in 1930? Intersex people (who where known as hermaphrodites back then) they have a physical condition, but gay and transgender? Was there even a practical distinction between gay and transgender back then?

On top of that, someone's going to be accused of being a Holocaust denier and a Nazi sympathizer because of her skepticism over books on transgender healthcare even existing in 1933?

Last edited:
    Maybe that's one of Rowling's problems, that she's accused of being a Holocaust denier over a comment on book burning.

I'd would've used different language to point it out, but someone who claims that Nazis burned books on transgender healthcare would have to show some evidence of these books, especially since the word "transgender" wouldn't be coined for another 50 years, and what we know as "transgender healthcare" today.

The article also says:

Think about that quote for a second... what's a "treatment" for issues affecting gay, transgender people in 1930? Intersex people (who where known as hermaphrodites back then) they have a physical condition, but gay and transgender? Was there even a practical distinction between gay and transgender back then?

On top of that, someone's going to be accused of being a Holocaust denier and a Nazi sympathizer because of her skepticism over books on transgender healthcare even existing in 1933?
    Welp, we do know what “treatment” there was in England in the 1950’s. Chemical castration. Alan Turing was “treated” in that manner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
    Top Bottom