Serious Question Re the Election (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***** at Yoko
    Reaction score
    I dont post here much, but those who know my posts from the SR main site probably know that i detest all things Trump.. I’m a registered Independent, but much like those on the right who will claim that things like BLM , antifa, etc have driven them further right, Trump has driven me further left... All that said, i feel like the 2020 presidential election is about 50/50 right now, it could go either way.. i also think that Biden, while a decent guy and in the past a good public servant- is now on the decline and is a MUCH more flawed candidate than Hillary ever was, i think it’s kinda hilarious and pathetic that people think Joe is an improvement over Hillary.. but i digress...

My question is this - if you are someone who is planning to vote against Trump ( i dont think voting ‘for Biden’ arouses any enthusiasm) but if you’re again’t Trump, and he wins in November- do you still want to live in America?? Part of me wants to stay if he wins, to eventually get us back to a decent place, and not ‘let him win’ in the metaphorical sense.. But the other part of me kinda thinks, Why would I want to live in a country with people who would elect this fool, this international embarrassment TWICE?! Establishing residency in a place like Belize or Costa Rica sounds appealing, and generally the dollar will go further (at least until Trump’s done wrecking the economy.)

Dont come at me in 6 months when he wins with ‘I thought you were moving to Canada?’ Or any of that nonsense because that’s not what I’m saying.. I’m just saying that it wil be real hard to witness the further decline of the U.S. up close and personal if he wins another 4 years.

I like Oregon a lot. I wish we in Utah had an ounce of your politics (currently the folks running for governor are all competing on who's the most loyal to Trump) and more of your forests. I also miss fishing the ocean.

I did not ask about your options...

Pretty sure if my wife and I had portable careers, we’da done been gone

I wasnt stating that I necessarily have that ‘option.’

What i was getting at is that if Trump wins again in 2020 with his ‘Kung Flu’ rhetoric, and cant even figure out what the ‘19’ in Covid19 stands for, and worse- continues putting folks lives at risk and wrecking the economy- then i might try to figure out a way to do something drastic, sell off stuff, whatever.. As we sit here today though, For most people it would take a ton of effort and ingenuity to get out of Trump’s America.. and I’m no different.

Nope, I'll ride it out and continue to try to make my country a better place for everyone.

Just to clarify my single-line comment above. My decision to move here was *not* political, at all. So it wasn't about abandonment.

I got a full ride scholarship and a paid gig to get my PhD at a Top 3 North American university in my field. Harvard and Columbia were gonna cost me a quarter million, give or take.

It was an opportunity to good to pass up and something I'd worked hard for. And while working on the PhD, we bought a home, started a family, etc.

Didn't mean for my comment to come off glibly

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom