Senator Graham blocks Senate version of Armenian-genocide resolution (Update: Senate has passed the resolution) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score

Sad for the Armenian community - it’s a really big deal to them, they were thrilled. A friend of mine from college posted a “letter” to her deceased father about how pleased he would be.

But it’s always been something Turkey responds harshly to and it’s not surprising that it didn’t make it through the Senate. Especially during this time, it’s too proactive.

Long standing US policy has been to consider it a regional matter.

Graham's flip flops have become as numerous as Trump's tweets. Any time he strays from Trump just an inch, all it takes is one liddle verbal barrage and confrontation from Trump the get him to turtle back into his shell and get in line.

He's detestable and weak.

His reasoning is that antagonizing the Turks in this manner at this time endangers American troops.

He does have a point.

If you do a search on congress.org you will see that resolutions like this have been introduced over the years(from democrats and republicans) many times and never seemed to even get brought to a vote.

If you do a search on congress.org you will see that resolutions like this have been introduced over the years(from democrats and republicans) many times and never seemed to even get brought to a vote.

On the 2019 version, the resolution passed the House on a vote of 405-11. That's pretty amazing.

I don't know if Senator Graham would have blocked the resolution had the US not been in a precarious position vis-a-vis Turkey and with Erdogan in Washington at the time. But I suspect someone would have.

On the 2019 version, the resolution passed the House on a vote of 405-11. That's pretty amazing.

I don't know if Senator Graham would have blocked the resolution had the US not been in a precarious position vis-a-vis Turkey and with Erdogan in Washington at the time. But I suspect someone would have.

Yes I see that, but as I said, similar resolutions have been introduced many times before. Just curious as to why there were never any votes on them.

Apparently in the Senate, any senator can block a resolution.

Yes as they are basically just words with no actions behind them. Want to state one more time. I am curious as to why past resolutions in the HOUSE never even got brought to a vote. They just seemed to get tabled right away.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom