Re: Elizabeth Warren, This Woke Moment Has to Be the Final Nail (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Beach Friends

Reaction score
    Warren pledges that if she is elected President of the United States of America, she will give a 9 year old transgender child the final say in the selection of her Secretary of Education.
    (hopefully the video starts at the 15 minute mark):

Or for people to pretend that her idea is normal and wasn't said out of desperation because she sees her chances slipping away.
    Dude you have absolutely ZERO legs to stand on
    Your boy has made the worse executive choice humanly possible- you and yours have renders yourselves impotent in regards to questioning executive decision making

Dude you have absolutely ZERO legs to stand on
    Your boy has made the worse executive choice humanly possible- you and yours have renders yourselves impotent in regards to questioning executive decision making
    I know you are probably in mourning over the vote today on witnesses for impeachment. It will be okay.

So I still haven't found (not that I've been looking that hard) an extended clip to see if there was any more context to Warren's comments.

At face value, I agree it warrants criticism, and it's not a smart thing to say. Remove the buzzword (and spare me the chastising over classifying the word "transgender" as a buzzword) , and Warren stated she'll involve this one child in a decision that would affect millions of children and adults alike, which no reasonable adult would do or should do.

Throw in the buzzword, and it is even worse.

As for the whataboutism, that's not going to get us anywhere.

Until we grow up enough to vote for people based on their content, character, and leadership alone, we will continue to elect the politicians that we deserve.

I was just reading the other day about Trudeau catching a ton of blowback for buying doughnuts at some local place in Winnipeg instead of at a Tim Hortons. These stupid, meaningless, wholly-insignificant "gotcha" moments are the exact reason we are where we are. Many of you on this board are highly guilty of trafficking in such soap opera-level nonsense. Look in the mirror, people; it's time to grow up.

So let me get this straight. Trudeau can wear all the black face he wants with no issue but they draw the line at where he buys the donuts?

Until we grow up enough to vote for people based on their content, character, and leadership alone, we will continue to elect the politicians that we deserve.

I was just reading the other day about Trudeau catching a ton of blowback for buying doughnuts at some local place in Winnipeg instead of at a Tim Hortons. These stupid, meaningless, wholly-insignificant "gotcha" moments are the exact reason we are where we are. Many of you on this board are highly guilty of trafficking in such soap opera-level nonsense. Look in the mirror, people; it's time to grow up.

Hah, Warren got her own self.

So let me get this straight. Trudeau can wear all the black face he wants with no issue but they draw the line at where he buys the donuts?

Only white Americans are racist. And only Canadians are donut and ham snobs

Translated: I don't like when you point out when the democratic candidates do dumb stuff.

Translated: I don't like when you point out when the democratic candidates do dumb stuff.

Perhaps you can explain to me how you "deduced" that from my statement considering I didn't say anything about any democratic candidates. My sole example had to do with someone who is neither a Democrat nor an American...

In any event, what I said was a general statement about the increasingly shortsighted way people pick candidates. It's like everyone has turned into some sort of bizzarro-world Emily Post with an ever-shifting list of completely nonsense rules pulled from their nethers at random like they've strapped the world's stupidest fortune cookie machine to their seat. It's childish; it's shortsighted; and it's harmful to ourselves and to our country. This isn't anything new either (see Dan Quayle and many others), but it's certainly getting progressively stupider and stupider.

Since you seem to want to know what I think about Warren so badly, I'll tell you. I think she is an unlikeable person who lacks the self esteem and conviction to stand up and be herself (if she even knows what "herself" means at this point). She made a name for herself screaming loudly about a couple of very important issues that touch many people and need to be addressed while occupying a space that makes her incapable of addressing them. Like most people who make a name for themselves in this way (see Bernie, to name but one), she lacks any realistic, concrete plan to affect such sweeping changes, nor does she possess a realistic legislative path to do so should she be elected. This is because screaming from the rooftops about problems requires exactly one skill: the ability to scream. Her complete absence of spine, leadership, and charisma guarantees that her ideas are DOA if elected short of a massive swing in the Senate, and even if that were to happen, she would be unable to survive the pack of rabid hyenas that would await her amongst the remaining Republicans. Frankly, she's a horrible candidate. The sooner she gets out of the way and stops taking up airtime filing her own hurt feelings reports, the better, as far as I'm concerned. She may bring some value to the people of Massachusetts as their senator, but she's not ready for the big show, nor will she ever be. That being said, criticize her for what she brings (or doesn't) to the table, innate and practiced, not because of a purposefully literal read of an obviously conceptual comment (which will suddenly become a purposely conceptual read of an obviously literal comment next week when there's another opportunity to "score points" by twisting things around).

To put it another way: Dan Quayle wasn't a bad choice because he misspelled potato. He was a bad choice because he was a handsomer, stupider, more vapid version of Al Gore, and we should all be strong enough to stand up and call that like it is without having to do passive aggressive gymnastics to concoct other reasons to not have to state that truth. Do better, America.

Perhaps you can explain to me how you "deduced" that from my statement considering I didn't say anything about any democratic candidates. My sole example had to do with someone who is neither a Democrat nor an American...

In any event, what I said was a general statement about the increasingly shortsighted way people pick candidates. It's like everyone has turned into some sort of bizzarro-world Emily Post with an ever-shifting list of completely nonsense rules pulled from their nethers at random like they've strapped the world's stupidest fortune cookie machine to their seat. It's childish; it's shortsighted; and it's harmful to ourselves and to our country. This isn't anything new either (see Dan Quayle and many others), but it's certainly getting progressively stupider and stupider.

Since you seem to want to know what I think about Warren so badly, I'll tell you. I think she is an unlikeable person who lacks the self esteem and conviction to stand up and be herself (if she even knows what "herself" means at this point). She made a name for herself screaming loudly about a couple of very important issues that touch many people and need to be addressed while occupying a space that makes her incapable of addressing them. Like most people who make a name for themselves in this way (see Bernie, to name but one), she lacks any realistic, concrete plan to affect such sweeping changes, nor does she possess a realistic legislative path to do so should she be elected. This is because screaming from the rooftops about problems requires exactly one skill: the ability to scream. Her complete absence of spine, leadership, and charisma guarantees that her ideas are DOA if elected short of a massive swing in the Senate, and even if that were to happen, she would be unable to survive the pack of rabid hyenas that would await her amongst the remaining Republicans. Frankly, she's a horrible candidate. The sooner she gets out of the way and stops taking up airtime filing her own hurt feelings reports, the better, as far as I'm concerned. She may bring some value to the people of Massachusetts as their senator, but she's not ready for the big show, nor will she ever be. That being said, criticize her for what she brings (or doesn't) to the table, innate and practiced, not because of a purposefully literal read of an obviously conceptual comment (which will suddenly become a purposely conceptual read of an obviously literal comment next week when there's another opportunity to "score points" by twisting things around).

To put it another way: Dan Quayle wasn't a bad choice because he misspelled potato. He was a bad choice because he was a handsomer, stupider, more vapid version of Al Gore, and we should all be strong enough to stand up and call that like it is without having to do passive aggressive gymnastics to concoct other reasons to not have to state that truth. Do better, America.

America should do better.

Do you really think that the problem I am highlighting is the Elizabeth Warren promise to let a 9 year old child vet her Secretary of Education? She's still a candidate so that is relevant. And, she is foolish enough to do something that silly. But, like you say - her campaign is going nowhere.

Elizabeth Warren's nutty behavior is just emblematic of a much deeper problem in our society. She makes such statements for the same reason that we had a stage full of Democratic candidates mindlessly raising their hands before the nation.

Donald Trump should be beatable in the upcoming election. All the Democrats really needed to do was not be crazy.

In the current environment they lacked the courage not to give in to pandering to the fringe left. Of course, the candidates understood that the small minority of people who worship at the altar of wokeness absolutely love to destroy heretics.

I think on some level Democrats have realized the nature of the problem, but it's probably too late to correct their course for this election cycle. So, we have Warren making a fool of herself and Mayor Pete finding off absurd claims of racism. It will get worse before it gets better.

I think there’s plenty of time for the Democrats to put together a viable campaign and candidate. I think you’re calling the race this early is a bit silly. 🤷‍♀️

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom