Possible Parler hack? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Me either, but I could tell the computer types think that whoever set up Parler was negligent with their security.

Maybe intentional? :scratch:

I would imagine the DMs have some very "sensitive" pics.

Of some pretty well known people.

From what I read the whole platform was based off WordPress which seems to be some rudimentary set up.

Maybe some computer types can explain.

Me either, but I could tell the computer types think that whoever set up Parler was negligent with their security.

I would imagine the DMs have some very "sensitive" pics.

Of some pretty well known people.

From what I read the whole platform was based off WordPress which seems to be some rudimentary set up.

Maybe some computer types can explain.

If the screenshot in that first tweet is indeed real, they not only stored their database name and password in plain text but also stored all the authorization keys and salt keys (think password used to obfuscate every other password) in plain text as well. Real rookie stuff there.

If the screenshot in that first tweet is indeed real, they not only stored their database name and password in plain text but also stored all the authorization keys and salt keys (think password used to obfuscate every other password) in plain text as well. Real rookie stuff there.

It's either completely fake or it was totally intentional. I can't see this being due to incompetence. At least that's how it seems to me.

It's either completely fake or it was totally intentional. I can't see this being due to incompetence. At least that's how it seems to me.

Digging through another tweet thread it appears that the first tweet is from a leak that happened this summer, so that's old info. The question now is whether or not there was actually another breach because Parler didn't actually fix the problem. We'll have to wait and see.

edit: That said, it isn't necessarily intentional. You'd be shocked at how poorly a lot of companies handle their security.

Digging through another tweet thread it appears that the first tweet is from a leak that happened this summer, so that's old info. The question now is whether or not there was actually another breach because Parler didn't actually fix the problem. We'll have to wait and see.

Yeah, I don't know what to make of it. Doesn't really make a lot of sense to run a site like that.

edit: That said, it isn't necessarily intentional. You'd be shocked at how poorly a lot of companies handle their security.

Should we delete the thread until there’s more verification? Seems silly to have a rumor thread.

Should we delete the thread until there’s more verification? Seems silly to have a rumor thread.

Maybe edit "Possible" into the title if you can. The second tweet in your OP indicates there may have been a second breach not necessarily involving someone getting direct access to their database like the first breach.

👆this, times...a lot

I have a feeling Parlor isn’t exactly hiring the best and brightest so much as the folks who believe in their mission.

Anecdotal, but over my ~20 years in the field, I’ve know very few right leaning techs. Even fewer Parlor-right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom