Opposing party leaders you'd consider voting for? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Heathen

Just say no to Zionism
    Reaction score
    If you are a Conservative, would there be any Democrats you'd consider voting for over Trump?
    If you are Liberal, would there be a chance someday you'd vote for a Republican if they shared your values, or would you even vote for Trump?

I've had quite a few discussions with Conservatives (nothing too deep, politics is dicey if you want to keep good relationships), and I've found that a few seem to be, oddly enough, interested in some of the more leftist members of the party. The only reason I can conjure is because of their devotion to worker's rights and the like. For instance, a few have really showed an interest in Tulsi Gabbard and even one or two expressed mild interest in Sanders. I've also heard so many say the party is going too left and they'd never consider voting for a Democrat, so it falls all over the spectrum. Just noting a few peculiar instances.

What's your opinion? What would it take if the answer is a resounding 'no'?

I think for me personally it's important to be a voter that is more concerned with issues those representing us are fighting for...so I am not loyal forever to any party. I'd vote for a Republican if they won me over with more issues I agreed with than a Democrat did.

Last edited:
    I voted for Dougy Jones. I can't think of a person on the democratic side I would vote for as president. Maybe Yang but that is only because he will talk to whoever and doesn't seem to lecture as much.

I voted for Dougy Jones. I can't think of a person on the democratic side I would vote for as president. Maybe Yang but that is only because he will talk to whoever and doesn't seem to lecture as much.

I wouldn't vote for Yang, but I like the guy and I think he has brought forward issues that need to be discussed. Unfortunately, the Democratic party has shown more interested in holding LGBTQ town halls.

I wouldn't vote for Yang, but I like the guy and I think he has brought forward issues that need to be discussed. Unfortunately, the Democratic party has shown more interested in holding LGBTQ town halls.

God forbid the Democrats speak to their constituents, right.:cussing:

These side comments are so informative as to peoples true beliefs and agendas.

God forbid the Democrats speak to their constituents, right.:cussing:

These side comments are so informative as to peoples true beliefs and agendas.

We see things differently.

I sincerely saw it as counter productive pandering. I am all for having serious consideration of issues, including LGBTQ issues.

But when, for example, Kamala Harris decides to take the opportunity to needlessly state her preferred pronouns then their intent looks a lot more like they are holding the meeting for their own benefit than the benefit of the people they are pretending to care about.

We see things differently.

I sincerely saw it as counter productive pandering. I am all for having serious consideration of issues, including LGBTQ issues.

But when, for example, Kamala Harris decides to take the opportunity to needlessly state her preferred pronouns then their intent looks a lot more like they are holding the meeting for their own benefit than the benefit of the people they are pretending to care about.
    These townhalls are all stupid. It is just Cable News trying to make money. They all seem staged. When did the whole Townhall trend start for the news networks. I don' remember them before McCain and Obama's election.

These townhalls are all stupid. It is just Cable News trying to make money. They all seem staged. When did the whole Townhall trend start for the news networks. I don' remember them before McCain and Obama's election.
    I think it came into vogue when the two parties sought to create their own Presidential Debate Commission and leave the LEague of Women Voters. That way they could place plants in the crowd to ask questions as opposed to journalists. They began to be part of the General Election debate format with the 1992 cycle. And from there they trickled on down to the primaries.

The sad thing is I ought to be a Republican. I'd probably be an Eisenhower Republican, but I simply can't give my support to a party that actively despises me and my family.

The sad thing is I ought to be a Republican. I'd probably be an Eisenhower Republican, but I simply can't give my support to a party that actively despises me and my family.
    What makes you believe that the Repubs despise you and your family? Just curious and sincere, but you don't have to answer if you don't want.

Yang seems like a guy who would at least look at opposing viewpoints.
    He also seemed like the only one in the debate recaps I heard who would actually try to honestly answer questions instead of just spouting his talking points.

Last edited:

What did you and your family do to the Republicans? Cheating at Scrabble? Living in Yemen? Possessing drugs for personal use?

Seriously, I don't think its a good idea to group everyone in a political party together like that. I'm no fan of the Dems or Reps but I kow enough to know they are not all the same with the same desires/motives/likes/etc.

What did you and your family do to the Republicans? Cheating at Scrabble? Living in Yemen? Possessing drugs for personal use?

Seriously, I don't think its a good idea to group everyone in a political party together like that. I'm no fan of the Dems or Reps but I kow enough to know they are not all the same with the same desires/motives/likes/etc.

Read. The. Link.

I doubt anything in that article will make me think all Republicans are the same, just like I don't think all Democrats are the same.

If you don't read it, you'll never know, huh?

Psst: Revulsion for the Republican party=\= belief that all Republicans are the same. Whining is a bad look for you, my friend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom