only a copy and a bad one at that! (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

OneIsTheWord

Reaction score

Exodus 25:40
    ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………​

They serve in a system of worship that is only a copy, a shadow of the real one in heaven. For when Moses was getting ready to build the Tabernacle, God gave him this warning: “Be sure that you make everything according to the pattern I have shown you here on the mountain.”
    Hebrews 8:5
    That is why the Tabernacle and everything in it, which were copies of things in heaven, had to be purified by the blood of animals. But the real things in heaven had to be purified with far better sacrifices than the blood of animals.
    For Christ did not enter into a holy place made with human hands, which was only a copy of the true one in heaven. He entered into heaven itself to appear now before God on our behalf.
    Hebrews 9:23-24
    For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect.
    For then would they not have ceased to be offered? For the worshipers, once purified, would have had no more consciousness of sins.
    But in those sacrifices, there is a reminder of sins every year.
    Hebrews 10:1-3
    For these rules are only shadows of the reality yet to come. And Christ himself is that reality. Colossians 2:17
    It was symbolic for the present time in which both gifts and sacrifices are offered which cannot make him who performed the service perfect in regard to the conscience--
    Hebrews 9:9
    David also gave Solomon all the plans he had in mind for the courtyards of the LORD’s Temple, the outside rooms, the treasuries, and the rooms for the gifts dedicated to the LORD.
    1 Chronicle 28:12
    But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
    Hebrews 8:6
    For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
    Because finding fault with them, He says: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah--
    not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the LORD. Hebrews 8:7-9

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
    Top Bottom