Oh the peace and quiet (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    Have you been enjoying it?

I even know a Trump supporter who agrees it has been pleasant. Not that Trump is out of office so much as that he's not on Twitter, not on social media, not driving the constant news cycle with divisive messaging, often all-caps, one lie or distortion after another.

And then in almost an instant, the peace has returned. Its as if we can hear the crickets in the night again. No, the divisive politics aren't gone, and yes we have all sorts of problems to resolve. But that droning on and on and on has gone quiet. And it's fantastic.

Someone on facebook this morning was wondering "where all the Biden fans went from before the election to now that he's in office" because his timeline was so quiet.

Buddy that's your answer. We don't HAVE to talk about him every single day and defend crazy nonsense spewing out of his twitter feed every hour. Also we don't have to defend him every second of the day because he's just a guy in office not a god like you guys built up and treated Trump for the last four years.

So it was a mistake to invest all of my money into flags with an image of a shirtless, muscled-up Biden holding a windmill?

Anyone remember Saddam Hussein ordered all the Kuwati oil rigs be lit on fire as his military retreated? Thats basically how I had felt for the past 4 years, only none of the fires had been put out, just kept multiplying. Each day waking up, wondering what new fire had been started that day etc.

It's like when the cicadas finally shut up.
    You didn't realize how oppressive that endless, inchoate chirring really was until it stopped.
    Ummm... in the movies... when the cicadas suddenly go quiet.. that's because The Thing is creeping up on you ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom