NYT: Trump reportedly plotted a shakeup of the DOJ in a scheme to force Georgia to overturn its election results (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Incumbent

Reaction score
    Katie Benner reports that the plan was abandoned under the threat of mass resignations if an attempt was made to move forward with the idea.

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department’s top leaders listened in stunned silence this month: One of their peers, they were told, had devised a plan with President Donald J. Trump to oust Jeffrey A. Rosen as acting attorney general and wield the department’s power to force Georgia state lawmakers to overturn its presidential election results.

The unassuming lawyer who worked on the plan, Jeffrey Clark, had been devising ways to cast doubt on the election results and to bolster Mr. Trump’s continuing legal battles and the pressure on Georgia politicians. Because Mr. Rosen had refused the president’s entreaties to carry out those plans, Mr. Trump was about to decide whether to fire Mr. Rosen and replace him with Mr. Clark.

The department officials, convened on a conference call, then asked each other: What will you do if Mr. Rosen is dismissed?

The answer was unanimous. They would resign.

Last edited:
    curious, has anyone been following what has been going on with this probe, and/or why is Lindsey so reluctant to testify?

Willis opened the investigation early last year, prompted by a Jan. 2, 2021, phone call between Trump and Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger. During that conversation, Trump suggested Raffensperger could “find” the votes needed to overturn his narrow loss in the state.

Willis and her team have said they want to ask Graham about two phone calls they say he made to Raffensperger and his staff shortly after the 2020 general election. During those calls, Graham asked about “reexamining certain absentee ballots cast in Georgia in order to explore the possibility of a more favorable outcome for former President Donald Trump,” Willis wrote in a petition seeking to compel his testimony.

I think Graham is just as guilty as Trump in this, and Rudy as well. I sure hope they can make Graham testify.

I think Graham is just as guilty as Trump in this, and Rudy as well. I sure hope they can make Graham testify.
    Well, if he's guilty of something, he's definitely not testifying. Even if not, I don't see him doing it. There's no upside for him either way.

Well, if he's guilty of something, he's definitely not testifying. Even if not, I don't see him doing it. There's no upside for him either way.
    He’ll have to win a court case to keep from having to testify. So far he hasn’t won.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom