New York special election shows Trump's one-man assault on early voting continues to hurt the GOP (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

LovesMusic7360

Reaction score
    House Republicans' main super PAC paid for private snow plows on Tuesday to ensure their voters could make it to the polls to cast their ballot in a critical New York special election.

Democrats, who massively outspent the GOP overall, declined to finance any similar intervention. Taken by itself, the episode, reported by Politico, shows the extent Republicans went to to try to hang on to recently expelled Rep. George Santos' former seat.

Viewed in the light of a string of failures, however, it clearly illustrates that the GOP is trying to win elections with an outdated strategy.

"Let me tell you something about election mechanics that is bothering me, as a Republican. Voting early, voting by mail, ballot harvesting, getting your votes in — it looks to me like the Democrats crushed in early voting in Nassau where the Republicans had to do well — and you're always just one snowstorm away from some kind of a turnout problem," Republican strategist Scott Jennings said on CNN's election night coverage. "The Democrats are gonna win this … and a big part of it is the Republican Party remains resistant to getting votes in the bank."

Please republicans, keep following trump's demands and lies. Only vote in person. Don't bank votes. Wait until Election Day to vote. Hopefully Mother Nature will have mercy on you and not send a storm to prevent you from voting in person.

trump is so stupid to discourage republicans from voting by mail. The benefits of voting that way are helping republicans lose over and over again.

Keep being stubborn and stupid republicans. I love all your losing over and over again. LOL. No matter what you people think, you're going to keep losing over and over again all over this nation.

House Republicans' main super PAC paid for private snow plows on Tuesday to ensure their voters could make it to the polls to cast their ballot in a critical New York special election.

Democrats, who massively outspent the GOP overall, declined to finance any similar intervention. Taken by itself, the episode, reported by Politico, shows the extent Republicans went to to try to hang on to recently expelled Rep. George Santos' former seat.

Viewed in the light of a string of failures, however, it clearly illustrates that the GOP is trying to win elections with an outdated strategy.

"Let me tell you something about election mechanics that is bothering me, as a Republican. Voting early, voting by mail, ballot harvesting, getting your votes in — it looks to me like the Democrats crushed in early voting in Nassau where the Republicans had to do well — and you're always just one snowstorm away from some kind of a turnout problem," Republican strategist Scott Jennings said on CNN's election night coverage. "The Democrats are gonna win this … and a big part of it is the Republican Party remains resistant to getting votes in the bank."

Please republicans, keep following trump's demands and lies. Only vote in person. Don't bank votes. Wait until Election Day to vote. Hopefully Mother Nature will have mercy on you and not send a storm to prevent you from voting in person.

trump is so stupid to discourage republicans from voting by mail. The benefits of voting that way are helping republicans lose over and over again.

Keep being stubborn and stupid republicans. I love all your losing over and over again. LOL. No matter what you people think, you're going to keep losing over and over again all over this nation.

I love when their lies and stupidity come back to bite them in the arse. Hopefully it keeps happening.

It's not exactly the way you describe it.

Trump doesn't want anyone to vote by mail. He wants to remove the option entirely and require current, specific ID in order to cast a ballot once you're there in person.
    This way Republican state legislators can shadow-rig elections by setting up fewer polls in Dem leaning precincts and "accidentally" running out of ballots.

Republicans are in a lose/lose situation with extending voting options beyond election days. They know that increased voter turnout is a loss for them and that the only way that they can remain in power is to have fewer votes counted.

It's not exactly the way you describe it.

Trump doesn't want anyone to vote by mail. He wants to remove the option entirely and require current, specific ID in order to cast a ballot once you're there in person.
    This way Republican state legislators can shadow-rig elections by setting up fewer polls in Dem leaning precincts and "accidentally" running out of ballots.

trump can't have that in my state.

We had voting reform in the early 2000s. Since 2005 we have been 100% mail in ballots. Any voting system that doesn't produce a paper ballot is illegal in my state. No one can go to a polling place to vote, there are no polling places.

It saves a lot of money, we don't have to buy expensive voting systems. It's very easy to vote here. Everyone gets their ballot in the mail a few weeks before Election Day and will be counted as long as it's postmarked by Election Day. We have tons of ballot boxes and "ballot harvesting" is perfectly legal here. Which is in the normal world, people taking a legal ballot to the ballot box for someone. I have been doing it for years.

Yes, republicans do all they can to stop democratic precincts from voting. They only put one or 2 voting machines in or put in old ones or run out of ballots or move the polling place to somewhere that's difficult to get to etc.

That is why so many democrats vote by mail. They know that voting by mail removes most of the roadblocks that republicans put in place to vote in person. So republicans have made voting by mail even more difficult.

All to prevent democrats from voting.

This is a bit off topic of voting, but is tangential about this election. Polls were off again. People shouldn’t put much stock in polls any longer, they are broken.

There is one group that isn't considered in most polls.

New voters.

Women have been registering to vote in droves since 2022. More women register to vote than men. In some places as much as 40% more.

Why?

Because the Supreme Court repealed Roe V. Wade.

It has been a year and a half since the repeal. Women in red states have been suffering ever since. Some republicans in red states are trying to take women's right to freedom of movement within our nation from them. OBGYNs have been leaving red states in droves leaving women there without the necessary health care to have a healthy pregnancy and birth.

Our maternal mortality rate in the US, especially in red states, is the worst of all developed nations. The rate is increasing in red states. They aren't doing anything to stop women from dying from pregnancy. In fact they have taken steps to cause more women to die from pregnancy.

Women are super ticked off.

The overwhelming vast majority of women aren't going to vote for the man who put 3 judges on the Supreme Court to overturn Roe V. Wade. Nor are those women going to vote for any anti choice politician.

Republicans have lost the 2018, 2020l 2022 and 2023 elections. They have a perfect record for losing. LOL. They lost because of women and they will lose in November because of women.

It would be interesting to find out how many of those Independents are women who used to be republicans.

This is a bit off topic of voting, but is tangential about this election. Polls were off again. People shouldn’t put much stock in polls any longer, they are broken.

Yup, that's why I'm of the opinion that the Trump leading Biden in the polls is total and utter BS.....It's not just wishful thinking, but I really believe Biden will beat Trump by a larger margin than 2020.....since the Dobbs BS, women have taken notice.....and I think their votes will reflect that.....

Yup, that's why I'm of the opinion that the Trump leading Biden in the polls is total and utter BS.....It's not just wishful thinking, but I really believe Biden will beat Trump by a larger margin than 2020.....since the Dobbs BS, women have taken notice.....and I think their votes will reflect that.....

I don't want the media narrative on this to really change though. Hopefully the media will keep pushing the polls that say Trump is in the lead or Trump/Biden are tied, with only a couple of news stories about the bad polls. Keep the MAGA's overconfident, thinking they don't have to do much and by contrast keep everybody opposed to Trump feeling like they have to show up and vote and work to get the vote out so that they don't get complacent.

I don't want the media narrative on this to really change though. Hopefully the media will keep pushing the polls that say Trump is in the lead or Trump/Biden are tied, with only a couple of news stories about the bad polls. Keep the MAGA's overconfident, thinking they don't have to do much and by contrast keep everybody opposed to Trump feeling like they have to show up and vote and work to get the vote out so that they don't get complacent.

I agree.

During the bush boy it stopped being enough to vote. Starting then people have to get everyone they know to vote and get their friends to get all their friends to vote.

People have to help people get registered and then vote.

Have voting parties. All that's required it proof you voted.

If your state has early voting, organize a system of taking people to the polls to vote everyday of voting.

Help organize carpools and services for babysitters.

Everyone needs to do everything they can to help everyone else vote in November.

Every election since the bush boy has honestly been a matter of saving our democracy. Now, it's even MORE important for people to vote.

If voting didn't matter and people's votes aren't counted then why do republicans go to such drastic lengths to stop people from voting?

This is what will happen if people don't vote. Our nation will go off that cliff of democracy and into fascism. The election in November will be our last. At least the last honest one.

Happens Not Voting.png

Sometimes when the media reference “polls” they’re not even polls:

Sometimes when the media reference “polls” they’re not even polls:

I stopped believing polls in 2016. Too many are done for nothing but pure partisan political purposes.

The only poll I pay attention to is the only one that matters.

Election Day in November.

Let the republicans believe the lies. They are in for another very rude awakening.

Red Wave.png

I stopped believing polls in 2016. Too many are done for nothing but pure partisan political purposes.

The only poll I pay attention to is the only one that matters.

Election Day in November.

Let the republicans believe the lies. They are in for another very rude awakening.

Red Wave.png

Careful, there was a poster that was so sure the red wave was coming.....don't want to hurt their feewings!!!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom