Miscellaneous Trump (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Huntn

Misty Mountains Envoy
    Reaction score

Anxiety surges as Donald Trump may be indicted soon: Why 2024 is 'the final battle' and 'the big one'​

WASHINGTON – It looks like American politics is entering a new age of anxiety, triggered by an unprecedented legal development: The potential indictment of a former president and current presidential candidate.

Donald Trump's many legal problems – and calls for protests by his followers – have generated new fears of political violence and anxiety about the unknowable impact all this will have on the already-tense 2024 presidential election

I’ll reframe this is a more accurate way, Are Presidents above the law? This new age was spurred into existence when home grown dummies elected a corrupt, mentally ill, anti-democratic, would be dictator as President and don’t bother to hold him responsible for his crimes, don’t want to because in the ensuing mayhem and destruction, they think they will be better off. The man is actually advocating violence (not the first time). And btw, screw democracy too. If this feeling spreads, we are In deep shirt.

This goes beyond one treasonous Peice of work and out to all his minions. This is on you or should we be sympathetic to the idea of they can’t help being selfish suckers to the Nation’s detriment? Donald Trump is the single largest individual threat to our democracy and it‘s all going to boil down to will the majority of the GOP return to his embrace and start slinging his excrement to support him?

This is hard to understand, because I thought revoking the agreement with Iran hurt their economy. It seems contradictory that he would funnel money to Iran.
    It only hurt their economy if sanctions were resumed. It seems from this reporting that Trump actively worked to defeat the sanctions.

Two juries unanimously found four-times-indicted former president Donald Trump liable for nearly $90 million in total for defaming E. Jean Carroll. He seems not to make a good impression with jurors.

He certainly demonstrated his lack of self-control in court, even with a jury present. Given all that, it might be time for Republicans to start considering the very real possibility that his criminal cases could go just as poorly as his civil trials have gone.

Even Republicans determined to ignore reality — including the mountain of evidence against him in the Jan. 6, 2021, case and the relative ease with which Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg racks up convictions for falsifying business records — might want to think through the consequences of possible convictions.

It is long past time for Republicans to face an uncomfortable truth: Trump could very well wind up convicted of one or more felonies after receiving the nomination. What then?

The Constitution does not bar a convicted criminal — even one already sentenced — from holding office. (It is hard enough to bar him when the language of Section 3 of the 14th Amendment expressly prohibits insurrectionists and their helpmates from holding federal office.)

However, polls consistently show that Trump’s standing even among Republicans would plummet if he were convicted. A recent Gallup poll shows that “less than half of Republicans (46%) are willing to vote for someone charged with a felony, and even fewer (35%) are willing to vote for someone convicted of one.”

(One wonders if Republicans understand he already has been charged.) Only 21 percent of independents are willing to vote for a convicted candidate.

Even if MAGA cultists stick with him after a conviction, some Republicans and the lion’s share of independents would not. Surely, someone in the Republican Party should consider the ramifications of a possible conviction and what, if anything, the party can do instead of running a felon for president……..

I couldn’t figure out what thread this goes in because I cannot figure out what case he is talking about. What case did he win on appeal?

I couldn’t figure out what thread this goes in because I cannot figure out what case he is talking about. What case did he win on appeal?

well he as the insanity plea down pat. I bet he does as long as it is not his money he does not care. but I would like to see it.

LOLOL
    First- he talking about the NY AG case about his fraudulent appraisals of his properties

"We won that case in appeals...largely ( as in "most of the case- not all, but most of it )....."

LOL its not in appeals.

Then she reitierates the E JEan Carroll at end of clip and it cuts off.

He truly creates some alternate world for himself and the folks that hang on his every word. And they believe it. All the information that comes from his "world" is how "he sees it and he alone" Jury found him liable? Maybe in reality- but in MY WORLD " i dont even know that woman"

There is a psychological break in that orange head of his that i dont think he can any longer understand reality vs what his purports the reality to be ( in his head )

Seriously.

Donald Trump’s political action committees spent more than $50m on legal fees over the course of 2023, as the former president’s legal troubles intensified in the face of 91 felony counts across four criminal cases.

According to documents filed with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) on Wednesday night, Save America, Trump’s leadership Pac that has shouldered most of the financial burden of his legal battles, entered 2024 with just $5m in cash on hand after spending more than $25m on legal expenses over the last six months of 2023.

Another Trump-affiliated group, Make America Great Again, spent another $4m on legal bills over the second half of the year. Earlier filings showedthat Save America also spent more than $21m on legal fees during the first six months of last year, bringing Trump’s total 2023 legal bill to more than $50m.…….

Powell just oversaw the best economic recovery from Covid in the world, yet to Trump that’s a reason to let him go since it may help people and thus help Biden politically. This is lunacy.

Powell just oversaw the best economic recovery from Covid in the world, yet to Trump that’s a reason to let him go since it may help people and thus help Biden politically. This is lunacy.

he isnt interested in the American people. He never was.

this was, is and will always be about him and his ascension to power. He has to have it at all costs. Anyone doing anything that isnt FOR HIM, is an enemy.

Unfortunatley for him, he cannot spin the "economic issue" into US vs THEM because "US" is primarily every-day, working Americans. Thats one thing they will see thru.

He is getting desperate to latch on to some dog-whistle issue to raise the temperature of his minions.

I just watched a 2.5 hr Frontline doc on Jan 6. He is employing the strategy for J6 in his campaign. Pay attention. As things start to become more "bleak" for his bid to be re-elected, he will get more desperate. The question is will his devout followers repeat J6, or will they say enough is enough?

he isnt interested in the American people. He never was.

this was, is and will always be about him and his ascension to power. He has to have it at all costs. Anyone doing anything that isnt FOR HIM, is an enemy.

Unfortunatley for him, he cannot spin the "economic issue" into US vs THEM because "US" is primarily every-day, working Americans. Thats one thing they will see thru.

He is getting desperate to latch on to some dog-whistle issue to raise the temperature of his minions.

I just watched a 2.5 hr Frontline doc on Jan 6. He is employing the strategy for J6 in his campaign. Pay attention. As things start to become more "bleak" for his bid to be re-elected, he will get more desperate. The question is will his devout followers repeat J6, or will they say enough is enough?
    I imagine that 2,000 of them being indicted will give them pause. With the ring leaders going away for years and years. 🤞🏻 Hope so, anyway.

Donald Trump’s political action committees spent more than $50m on legal fees over the course of 2023, as the former president’s legal troubles intensified in the face of 91 felony counts across four criminal cases.
    man for that money you would think he had good representation. but at least those crap lawyers got paid well.

And when you thought it couldn’t get any more cult like…

Lawmakers in Feorgia have introduced a bill that rewrites the states RICO laws that includes specific language that would discharge any current court proceedings related to it and they would be “barred from being reindicted, recommenced, or otherwise brought again in an court..” of the state.

So, they are now trying to change the RICO laws to stop trumps prosecution AND ensure that he can NEVER be charged for it.

man for that money you would think he had good representation. but at least those crap lawyers got paid well.
    The problem with getting good representation is that ”good” lawyers are not going to do the things Trump requires of his legal team.

“Good” lawyers are not going to go do tv interviews about their current ongoing cases, and make wildly false claims about those cases, for example.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom