Michigan’s presidential primary (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

The big story to me is that Trump is once again underperforming his polls, at this point anyway. Haley barely campaigned in MI, and Trump is basically an incumbent among the GOP. 60 some percent is not good.

The big story to me is that Trump is once again underperforming his polls, at this point anyway. Haley barely campaigned in MI, and Trump is basically an incumbent among the GOP. 60 some percent is not good.

I'm not staying up to watch the final tally, but looks like only 40% of the votes counted so far. I'll be curious to see what the final %s are. My guess is she'll do worse %-wise than she did in her home state

I'm not staying up to watch the final tally, but looks like only 40% of the votes counted so far. I'll be curious to see what the final %s are. My guess is she'll do worse %-wise than she did in her home state
    I agree, but she campaigned hard in SC and it was her home state. She really didn’t campaign in MI. Trump getting 70% of the vote is a problem for him in the general, and he isn’t there yet. Trump cannot afford to lose any of the base GOP voters because he isn’t appealing to independents.

Uncommitted is the protest vote over Gaza. It’s sort of a tradition in MI. They did it to Obama in 2012 also, with a result between 10-20% as well, over his support for Israel.

I believe that MI has the largest Arab demographic in the nation.

Exit polling in SC GOP primary showed that 59% of Haley voters said they would not vote for Trump. I wonder what percentage of the non-Biden D voters would remain in that position in November? Strongly doubt it’s 59%.

Latest below.

Uncommitted up to 13% of the vote. Pretty substantial either way considering biden won Michigan by only ~150k votes over Trump in 2020:

1709132152401.png

More:
    'Uncommitted' Michigan primary vote results: What happens next for Biden, campaign

Latest below.

Uncommitted up to 13% of the vote. Pretty substantial either way considering biden won Michigan by only ~150k votes over Trump in 2020:

1709132152401.png

More:
    'Uncommitted' Michigan primary vote results: What happens next for Biden, campaign

Interesting the total number of people that voted in a largely uncontested Democratic primary. When Obama was running in 2012 as the incumbent, only some 200,000 people voted in the Democratic primary, that's a 392% increase. Republicans also saw an increase in voters over 2012, but only by 83348 people, a 8.36% increase. Biden's uncommitted vote was only 3% more than Obama's.

1709133570449.png

Last edited:
    Interesting the total number of people that voted in a largely uncontested Democratic primary. When Obama was running in 2012 as the incumbent, only some 200,000 people voted in the Democratic primary. Republicans also saw an increase in voters over 2012, but only by 50,000 people. Biden's uncommitted vote was only 3% more than Obama's.

1709133570449.png

Right, but the total number of votes this election was much higher so while it is only 3% higher, it is also 80,000 more votes. I'd be interested to know why so many voted uncommitted in 2012.

Right, but the total number of votes this election was much higher so while it is only 3% higher, it is also 80,000 more votes. I'd be interested to know why so many voted uncommitted in 2012.

I believe many Arabs/liberals also had a problem with Obama's support and policy in regards to Israel.

A protest movement to cast "uncommitted" votes over President Joe Biden in Michigan's Democratic primary is estimated to have won two delegates in the nominating race

That means uncommitted's voters will have a voice -- even if a relatively small one -- at the Democratic Party's national convention in August, which will be dominated by Biden supporters looking to rally the party against Donald Trump.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom