Let’s have some fun (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Tony1Sainstfan

Reaction score
    Ok please read this carefully. Dtc ask me to give him 5 things I didn’t like about Obama In the defund the police thread. I answered him and it was suggested that a new thread should be started so here we are.
    I’m asking all of you on both sides of the aisle to name 5 things you like about the other parties presidential candidate. I think this would go over better than asking what you don’t like.

I’ll start it off with 5 things I like about Biden.

5 I think everyone that I’ve heard has said he’s a really nice guy.

4 I like the fact that he’s not as far left as it seems some in the party want to go.

3 He comes across as a guy who doesn’t want to be confrontational

2 I think he is committed to the things he believes in

1 Ok this is about his wife. From the things I’ve read about Jill Biden she’s a really good person and Biden found a good one in her.

Trump:

-No wars thus far.
    -Generally speaking I'm OK with the trade war with China.
    -I think his administration did some stuff, at least early on, to try and help with human trafficking.
    -He signed that bipartisan criminal justice reform bill.
    -The economy prior to the coronavirus was doing pretty well.
    -Has removed some troops from the Middle East... At least I think there are less over there now.

I'll give it a shot.

1. I think his focus on China as not a fair partner is spot on.
    2. I thought attempting dialogue with North Korea was the right way to go.
    3. I'm forgetting the details, but I believe he put more focus on the opiod crisis
    4. The strike on al-Baghdadi
    5. I think a positive side-effect of his trade war was an effect to diversify our supply chains, which is useful so we aren't too dependent on one country.

1) I like that Trump doesn't drink. Not so much that I think drinking is bad, I mean I do enough of it myself. I just think that it takes a lot of personal willpower to just not drink at all, especially for a wealthy individual that goes to a ton of parties where I'm sure booze is flowing.
    2) While it was a Democrat backed idea, I like that he's for a big infrastructure advancement.
    3) It didn't accomplish a single thing, but I suppose I can give him credit for talking to NK instead of bombing them?
    4) The push for more paid leave is a good thing.
    5) I think Trump had a point on trying to bring jobs back to the States vs overseas, I just think he focused in the wrong area (coal etc).

Yeah, I'd add the strike on the Iranian general to mine as well, and probably remove the human trafficking thing from mine because after looking it up I can't find that it was any kind of real priority at any point.

Stealing some from previous posts, but
    -No wars thus far
    -off the top of my head, he’s seemed to back bipartisan efforts without any pushback
    -This was said well: Trump had a point on trying to bring jobs back to the States vs overseas, I just think he focused in the wrong area (coal etc).
    -Also ok with him rolling back troops from the Middle East*
    -And trying to open dialogue with NK

And it’s a 6, but he sustained the economic growth ore-Covid

Really, I don’t disagree with any of the posts.

*I do not like the how, but spirit of the question and all

I don't have anything to add that hasn't already been listed, except one.

I was really glad to see him highlight the trades and vocations as viable career paths. He ended up not following through on that, though, and pivoted more toward what DeVos was pushing.

But for a President to highlight the importance of the trades is major and I would like to see it done more. That would be a 'YUGE' win and moment for me.

I don't have anything to add that hasn't already been listed, except one.

I was really glad to see him highlight the trades and vocations as viable career paths. He ended up not following through on that, though, and pivoted more toward what DeVos was pushing.

But for a President to highlight the importance of the trades is major and I would like to see it done more. That would be a 'YUGE' win and moment for me.
    Ok I see what you did there and it is funny.

Some people have nothing worthy of praise. There is nothing he can do that would cause me to acknowledge him in any favorable way.

I am prejudiced against Donald Trump. I’m fine with that. I’m prejudiced against everyone who isn’t prejudiced against Donald Trump.

Some people have nothing worthy of praise. There is nothing he can do that would cause me to acknowledge him in any favorable way.

I am prejudiced against Donald Trump. I’m fine with that. I’m prejudiced against everyone who isn’t prejudiced against Donald Trump.
    At least you are honest about it and I can respect that. I would rather deal with someone like you than someone who straddles the fence. I’ll admit it was hard for me to come up with nice things to say about Biden.

At least you are honest about it and I can respect that. I would rather deal with someone like you than someone who straddles the fence. I’ll admit it was hard for me to come up with nice things to say about Biden.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom