Jury Nullification (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

tomwaits

Reaction score
    I am a big fan of Jury Nullification. I recently heard a podcast on an anarchist and how he practiced jury nullification in a drug law trial.
    If you are on a jury and the "crime" that was committed breaks a law that should not exist, you don't have to find the person guilty.
    If I am ever on a jury where the crime is a drug offense, I will not vote guilty.

Be careful though, depending on the state you are in, you may be arrested for talking about it at a court house.

Voy Dior, Rapides Parish, LA, 30 years ago.

Defense Attorney: Sir, if the police tell you that my client dropped a bag of what they claim was powdered cocaine and my client says she didn't and the police are lying, would you give any more weight to the police version of the story simply because they are the police?

Me: No.

Defense Attorney: And why wouldn't you?

Me: In a court of law, all witnesses' testimony is equal.

Defense Attorney: And if the police testify that my client is a known drug dealer who has frequently trafficked in marijuana, would that prejudice you against my client?

Me: No.

Defense Attorney: And why wouldn't it, sir?

Me: Hey, man, I'm a child of the 70s! (Wink, flashed a peace sign).

Defense Attorney: (Smiling). Me too, sir! Me too!

30 Minutes Later...

Judge: Sir, you're excused. Thank you for your time. See the bailiff to redeem your parking validation on the way out. Next!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom