Is a cross-aisle Speaker of the House possible? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    A final House split of just a few members could see some unusual jockeying going on.

Or probably not - but wouldn’t that be something.

No, but this is a not so subtle warning to the "Freedom Caucus" types to not gum up the works.

Someone posted on twitter tonight, "We should make Kari Lake the Speaker!" And all the MAGAs are like "Yeah! It will blow the libs minds!"

Uh, have you not been paying attention? Who's "We"?

I guess the idea is that a small group of moderate Republicans (are there any left?) would nominate one of their own and them and all Democrats would vote for that person? Maybe Don Bacon himself! Looks like he's in a fairly swing district and was actually endorsed by Democrats in the past.

They would only need a handful of defectors.

I'm sure Kinzinger would be willing to defect to pick a more moderate speaker.

The Republican party isn't really a single party anymore anyway. A split is coming. MAGA can't coexist in the same party with the Mitt Romney's of the party.

They would only need a handful of defectors.

I'm sure Kinzinger would be willing to defect to pick a more moderate speaker.

The Republican party isn't really a single party anymore anyway. A split is coming. MAGA can't coexist in the same party with the Mitt Romney's of the party.

Kinzinger won't have a vote.

I think this is mostly wishful thinking, but you never know because the Freedom caucus is crazy and all they know are stunts. I think that McCarthy will end up being Speaker, but it's going to be a mess for him the next 2 years. I don't know why anybody would want to be in his position.

I think this is mostly wishful thinking, but you never know because the Freedom caucus is crazy and all they know are stunts. I think that McCarthy will end up being Speaker, but it's going to be a mess for him the next 2 years. I don't know why anybody would want to be in his position.
    I forgot :(

Kinzinger has a vote for leadership today, just not for speaker in January. Sucks he called it quits.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom