Federal criminal investigation Hunter Biden focuses on his business dealings (Update: DOJ appoints special counsel) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina, the richest woman in Russia and the widow of Yury Luzhkov, the former mayor of Moscow, Senate Republicans revealed in their report on the younger Biden’s work in Ukraine.

Baturina is referenced in the 87-page report, which was released Wednesday, addressing her payment to Biden’s investment firm in early 2014.

“Baturina became Russia’s only female billionaire when her plastics company, Inteko, received a series of Moscow municipal contracts while her husband was mayor,” it said in providing background on the businesswoman.

The report described her involvement with Biden as “a financial relationship,” but declined to delve deeper into why the wire transfer was made.

The probe also found that Baturina sent 11 wires transfers between May and December 2015 to a bank account belonging to BAK USA, a tech startup that filed for bankruptcy in March 2019.

Nine of those 11 wire transfers were first sent to Rosemont Seneca Partners, the investment firm founded by Biden and Chris Heinz, stepson of former Secretary of State John Kerry, before being transferred to BAK USA.

We all know their is massive corruption on both sides of the aisle. Here is an alleged allegation against Hunter Biden who was allegedly enriching himself because his Dad was Vice President.

Remember, the story was so dubious even the major right-wing media outlet didn't want it. Nobody wants to give it oxygen because people have serious doubts about its authenticity.

I think the "media" and social media outlets are in a tough spot because the right runs so much conspiracy theory nonsense it becomes challenging to determine what is misinformation and what to allow. Do you give the Seth Rich story oxygen? What about Democrat satanic pedophile cults? Jade Helm? Birtherism? Navy Seals faking the death of Bin Laden and Biden having them killed? What is the line that you say this should be covered and or allowed to be on your platform?

We are in a challenging time for media, both social and traditional, and I think we are a good decade away from getting it all figured out.

So...wasn't sure where to ask this, but who's this Boblunski guy? Hadn't heard of him until today. Supposedly he was the CEO of a company working with one of the Bidens and claims he has proof that Joe Biden was aware of Hunter's business dealings? He stated he was turning over 3 phones to the FBI which have proof of his claims. I missed a lot of it, so I'm still trying to figure out what the hubbub is about.

I wonder if this is part of his “proof”? It supposed to be a text from Hunter, who is a Yale educated lawyer, yet there are words misused. (Plane instead of plain, sight instead of cite) Warning: language.

plus I don’t see anything incriminating here. 🤷‍♀️ He’s mad at this Tony guy, clearly. And the way it’s presented is pretty suspicious as laid out in the Tweet. He never mentions his dad, and talk about his family probably means his own family since he is a grown man with his own family.

I wonder if this is part of his “proof”? It supposed to be a text from Hunter, who is a Yale educated lawyer, yet there are words misused. (Plane instead of plain, sight instead of cite) Warning: language.

plus I don’t see anything incriminating here. 🤷‍♀️ He’s mad at this Tony guy, clearly. And the way it’s presented is pretty suspicious as laid out in the Tweet. He never mentions his dad, and talk about his family probably means his own family since he is a grown man with his own family.

Thanks. I'm not sure what to make of it but doesn't seem like much to go on at this point. I don't think this is gonna move the needle much. I guess we'll see.

Thanks. I'm not sure what to make of it but doesn't seem like much to go on at this point. I don't think this is gonna move the needle much. I guess we'll see.

Well he is kinda like a guy that has all of his connections from his military family to help him do business.

Grandpa 37 year Army Intelligence officer.

Dad 20+ year career Naval Officer

Brother 28 year career Naval Flight Officer

Yet he served 4.

I am more than sure his clearance and family got him into doors that normal humans don't get.

Well he supposedly ripped off his last employer and owner them a ton of cash. Like 3/4 of a million dollar judgment in the Cayman Islands.

So the guy that screwed over one chinese company and owes the 3/4 of a million is doing this why?

Could it be someone helping him with his huge judgment?

This guy has a good grasp of things, he’s no democrat that’s for sure. We are watching all the right wing toadies come out and show themselves trying to make something out of not much.

Fair point - and I don’t think it’s any different than the kind of business that the Trump family is involved in. But this story isn’t going away.
    I don't think the story will go away either. I also think it probably won't swing the election either way. Millions have already voted, so it definitely won't change their votes.

I think a week from today people are going to be more focused on COVID-19 and possibly losing coverage for preexisting conditions than anything else.

From what I see, if Joe knew about he son's dealings all along, I don't really care. But if he took funding from that while he was VP, that's a different story. Hopefully he didn't.

From what I see, if Joe knew about he son's dealings all along, I don't really care. But if he took funding from that while he was VP, that's a different story. Hopefully he didn't.

Theres no evidence he did. Even the messages are from 2017 I believe, and none of them show Joe took any money.

Here's one take on it. I tried to see the info from the WSJ piece he mentions but it's behind a paywall. If anyone can read it, I would be grateful if you could post the relevant excerpts.

This seems to be the salient part

“The Biden campaign denied Joe Biden had any involvement in the venture or stood to gain by it.

In a statement to reporters Thursday, Anthony Bobulinski said that in 2017 Hunter Biden consulted his father about a planned venture with Chinese oil company CEFC China Energy Co. to invest in the U.S. and elsewhere. Mr. Bobulinski was also a partner.

The venture—set up in 2017 after Mr. Biden left the vice presidency and before his presidential campaign—never received proposed funds from the Chinese company or completed any deals, according to people familiar with the matter. Corporate records reviewed by The Wall Street Journal show no role for Joe Biden.”

So even if he had gotten money it was after he left office. But there doesn’t appear to have been anything other than a possible consultation.

Here’s a piece from a legit journalist.

Apparently the WSJ news side disagrees with the legitimacy of the story now being pushed by the editorial side and has published its own story. The same newspaper is simultaneously reporting that there is no proof of corruption by Biden and opining that Biden is corrupt. Seems like a mess.

Author of “How Trump Haters are Breaking America”
    Here’s a piece from a legit journalist.

Here is an archived version: https://archive.is/eCD13

It’s an opinion piece. Bobulinski sounds like a jilted business partner. Looks like he did all the work, the deal fell through, and Hunter still found a way to earn “consulting fees”. Looks like Hunter is cashing in on his name. No surprise.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom