How will the stimulus work? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Joan's E

Reaction score
    So I've read some summaries of these payments and they say it's based on 2019 taxes if you've filed them. If not, it's based on 2018 taxes. My wife says she read that it's going to be based on 2019 taxes regardless, so if you file your taxes AFTER receiving the money and are above the threshold, you will need to pay it back when filing your 2020 taxes.

Based on 2018 taxes, we should get the full amount. Based on estimated 2019 taxes (which I haven't filed yes) I would get nothing. So am I going to have to pay this back in 2021 or is it actually based on 2018?

Does that question make sense? Anyone know how this will operate?

Did they ever replace the oversight committee?

HCA Healthcare is one of the world’s wealthiest hospital chains. It earned more than $7 billion in profits over the last two years. It is worth $36 billion. It paid its chief executive $26 million in 2019.

But as the coronavirus swept the country, employees at HCA repeatedly complained that the company was not providing adequate protective gear to nurses, medical technicians and cleaning staff. Last month, HCA executives warned that they would lay off thousands of nurses if they did not agree to wage freezes and other concessions.

A few weeks earlier, HCA had received about $1 billion in bailout funds from the federal government, part of an effort to stabilize hospitals during the pandemic.

HCA is among a long list of deep-pocketed health care companies that have received billions of dollars in taxpayer funds but are laying off or cutting the pay of tens of thousands of doctors, nurses and lower-paid workers. Many have continued to pay their top executives millions, although some executives have taken modest pay cuts.

HCA is the devil. No other way to put it.

The mad amounts that hospital chains make is staggering.

I read a while back that one has its own hedge fund for their profit management.

When you have your very own hedge fund I think you don't have a need for a bail out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom