Audio How The Trumps and Kushners Got Rich Off Federal Policies - And how it relates to today's political climate (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

wardorican

Reaction score
    I know quite a few people will get turned off by the Title of the Podcast, but it is an interesting view of how the Trump and Kushner families benefited from Government programs incentivizing housing developments, then seeing how NYC political favoritism worked, then pushed it to the max. You see people who got rich off of the government, then used connections to get more, then, coupled with citizens united, pouring money into the political system and ads to essentially push the narrative that government is bad. She tells a short story about the ads.

This is all a ploy to suck more wealth from the rest of us. (my opinion).

As the Senate impeachment trial begins, more evidence is emerging about President Trump’s effort to pressure the government of Ukraine to pursue investigations that would help him politically. President Trump is no stranger to using his influence to seek favors. It’s a strategy that is not out of the ordinary in the world where he made his fortune, New York real estate.

Andrea Bernstein has been documenting the world of corruption and favoritism in New York politics for decades as a reporter for WNYC. She is now the co-host of the podcast Trump Inc from WNYC Studios and ProPublica, and author of the new book American Oligarchs: The Kushners, The Trumps, and the Marriage of Money and Power. In her new book, she details how federal housing and infrastructure policies helped the Trump and Kushner families amass their fortunes, and how they used those fortunes to consolidate political power.

This is the book.

Amazon product ASIN B07ZQJM562

I guess the Amazon link didn't work. It's in the NPR article.

I’m at a loss as well. Trump’s corruption is like skywriting, you can’t miss it, it’s large and obvious.

But they will go on and on about some “possible” corruption that is supposedly going to be exposed by the hugely corrupt person in the WH. It defies logic.

I’m at a loss as well. Trump’s corruption is like skywriting, you can’t miss it, it’s large and obvious.

But they will go on and on about some “possible” corruption that is supposedly going to be exposed by the hugely corrupt person in the WH. It defies logic.

It’s a coping mechanism to help reconcile accepting the corruption from people they support. Convince yourself that the other side is worse and you can put up with a lot of wrong doing. A lot of times you can see it in how things are argued on this very forum. Many times their argument isn’t that whoever they support didn’t do anything wrong, they argue that it’s ok because some Democrat boogie man would have been worse, or some person 20 years ago has done it. Many times they just don’t even address it, like we’re not talking about it right in front of their faces.

Last edited:

And like skywriting, it fades away when he does something new that's stupid or possibly illegal so that we have a never ending circle of stories that get back burnered in the media (by Trump tweets for the most part) to a new less bad act or accusation about someone else (which is usually false) and now we're all just numb to it because he's gotten away with it for three years now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom