How Much Would Trump Charge to Sell Back The GOP (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

TomT

Reaction score
    Given that the GOP is now little more than a Trump worshipping "Orange Mafia," and given that Trump will need to spend the $100+ million he grifted from Republicans to pay as far as it can go toward his lawyers, I wonder if he might be willing to sell back the GOP to my generation who he swindled it from. When the last Republican President lied and committed crimes, my GOP led the pack in forcing him from power. The Orange Mafila wants to defund all who try to hold their orange jesus accountable, FBI, DOJ, District Attorneys, state and Federal judges and the list just keeps going. I should think there are a lot of people like me that want back the GOP that stood for Integrity instead of Insurrection, for faith in America instead of faith in the Donald. Now that he has lost his hole card of his secret stash of America's deepest secrets - worth Billions - he has got to open to the art of another deal.

What do think Trump's asking price will be?

Not gonna happen will run as an independent after they back another. If he can't win will he will make sure they won't be winning.

You know for not bending the knee.

If Trump wasn't interested in the presidency, he could have started his own news network. He could have paired this news network with Truth Social, and created an entire conservative ecosystem run by him. In fact, arguably this was the better play for power overall. Trump could have ruled via soft power over the Republican party.

Considering he already gave this up. There is no amount of money, or influence to get him to back down.

Given that the GOP is now little more than a Trump worshipping "Orange Mafia," and given that Trump will need to spend the $100+ million he grifted from Republicans to pay as far as it can go toward his lawyers, I wonder if he might be willing to sell back the GOP to my generation who he swindled it from. When the last Republican President lied and committed crimes, my GOP led the pack in forcing him from power. The Orange Mafila wants to defund all who try to hold their orange jesus accountable, FBI, DOJ, District Attorneys, state and Federal judges and the list just keeps going. I should think there are a lot of people like me that want back the GOP that stood for Integrity instead of Insurrection, for faith in America instead of faith in the Donald. Now that he has lost his hole card of his secret stash of America's deepest secrets - worth Billions - he has got to open to the art of another deal.

What do think Trump's asking price will be?
    Tom,
    You sound like an old school republican, the pre-Gingrich variety. This GOP isn't your party. The GOP today is the party of insurrection and blatant lies. They are the party of absolute corruption. You'd be better off rallying your fellow pre-Gingrich GOPers and starting a new party. This country has always done better when there was compromise to keep from going too far to one side. Post-Gingrich GOPers would rather support Putin than any Democratic president.

Tom,
    You sound like an old school republican, the pre-Gingrich variety. This GOP isn't your party. The GOP today is the party of insurrection and blatant lies. They are the party of absolute corruption. You'd be better off rallying your fellow pre-Gingrich GOPers and starting a new party. This country has always done better when there was compromise to keep from going too far to one side. Post-Gingrich GOPers would rather support Putin than any Democratic president.
    I will tell you how old I am. When I was a kid the Dead Sea wasn't even sick and there were only 2 commandments. Gingrich did ok with his Contract with America. He found far greater riches as a Trump bobble-head. My old Republican party championed civil rights, built a world-wide coalition against communism, spoke truthfully and demanded other did too, knew how to work with civil minded Democrats to legislate for the American people, backed our allies, celebrated business success, spoke with respect about their opponents in congress. They were imperfect men and women but supported law enforcement at every level, believed in the American system of government and trusted the American people.

I will tell you how old I am. When I was a kid the Dead Sea wasn't even sick and there were only 2 commandments. Gingrich did ok with his Contract with America. He found far greater riches as a Trump bobble-head. My old Republican party championed civil rights, built a world-wide coalition against communism, spoke truthfully and demanded other did too, knew how to work with civil minded Democrats to legislate for the American people, backed our allies, celebrated business success, spoke with respect about their opponents in congress. They were imperfect men and women but supported law enforcement at every level, believed in the American system of government and trusted the American people.
    I’m not as old as you, lol, but I do remember this Republican Party. It’s been gone a long time. When I was a girl there were even liberal Republicans and it seems to me that is who you are referring to here. Haven’t seen one in decades…..

I’m not as old as you, lol, but I do remember this Republican Party. It’s been gone a long time. When I was a girl there were even liberal Republicans and it seems to me that is who you are referring to here. Haven’t seen one in decades…..
    The last Republican with a "Liberal" ear tag was Nelson Rockefeller. Unfortunately, we are well past all historical references to liberal or conservative. We now have Orange states that love the Donald above life itself. They see him as some kind of savior but are not too clear from what. The Texas Republican Party for instance demands the abolition of most of the government agencies including the IRS, DOJ, HUD, DOE, ICC, EPA etc. and have declared that Texans don't have to abide by Supreme Court decisions that they don't agree with and have set up a committee to explore succession from the USA, so we are definitely an Orange State. What is actually happening is that Republicans are in a death spiral. Here's why. Democrats dominate urban America - even in Texas - There are no Republican mayors in the 10 largest cities and only 4 out of the next 20 most populated cities. Republicans are the party of rural America, big corporations and the suburbs. Rural America is continuing the decades long decline in population. More and more corporations are migrating away from the Republican party who now see corporate America as an "enemy." That leaves only the suburbs to the Republicans. Thus their hole cards are fear of crime, fear of schools, fear of immigrants and fear of the Federal Government. Not a long term winning plan.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom