• Early Voting

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • In Person on Election Day

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Until 2020 I was always an Election Day guy, I would go early in the morning then go to work

I felt like i was a part of something and I was really a part of the process

Part of that was it was never a hassle or toow too long. 2008 was the longest I ever waited to vote (over an hour and that was first thing in the morning)

Did mail in for 2020 and have been doing it that way ever since (actually fill out the ballot then drive to the drop off box right in front the election center)

Hoe do you cast your vote?

Did mail in 2020, always in person before, mostly early. My state doesn’t acknowledge receipt of mailed ballots, so I’m back to early voting. Waited about 15 minutes this year on the 3rd day of early voting.

In person on election day. No early voting in Alabama. I did notice this on the SoS website. Is this normal for mail-in voting?

"An absentee ballot returned by mail must be received by the Absentee Election Manager no later than noon on election day. If hand-delivered, the ballot must be in the office of the Absentee Election Manager by the close of business (but no later than 5 p.m.) on the day prior to the election."

In person on election day. No early voting in Alabama. I did notice this on the SoS website. Is this normal for mail-in voting?

"An absentee ballot returned by mail must be received by the Absentee Election Manager no later than noon on election day. If hand-delivered, the ballot must be in the office of the Absentee Election Manager by the close of business (but no later than 5 p.m.) on the day prior to the election."
    State-dependent. Some just go by postmark I think, others allow a few days to receive the ballot.

I'm not sure how they handle early voting in the rest of Texas, but at least in Bexar County, where San Antonio is at, they do early voting well. There are a lot of polling locations, they're open until 7 pm, and you can go to any one. They do it for 12 days and cut it off 4 days prior to election, thus making it easy to vote. You have to jump through hoops and have a "valid reason" if you want to do mail-in-voting. I don't think I've actually voted on election day here in San Antonio.

The last time I voted in person was 2008. I remember taking my older son (who was 5) to the booth with me (he’ll vote this year). Since then it’s all been “mail in,” but I usually just drop it off.

Until 2020 I was always an Election Day guy, I would go early in the morning then go to work

I felt like i was a part of something and I was really a part of the process

Part of that was it was never a hassle or toow too long. 2008 was the longest I ever waited to vote (over an hour and that was first thing in the morning)

Did mail in for 2020 and have been doing it that way ever since (actually fill out the ballot then drive to the drop off box right in front the election center)

Hoe do you cast your vote?
    You left out the 'nun'ya damn business" option. Just kidding. I usually do either mail in or early voting. I have been known to procrastinate on occasion and vote on election day. You didn't have an all of the above option either. Typical pollster trying to shoe horn people to fit their agenda. Just kidding again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom