Has Facebook or Twitter Banned You? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

viktor

Reaction score
    If so, you can join a Class Action lawsuit by Donald Trump and the Amer Conservative Union against Big Tech. If you help them as a witness and they win, you might get a share of the judgement. The more witnesses they have, the stronger their case. Go here [Mod deleted]

[Mod edit: this website does not seem to allow joining any class action lawsuit; it appears to only collect individual stories concerning social media and solicit contact information. There are multiple efforts to solicit donations. The link has been deleted from the original post.]

Last edited by a moderator:
    Im just being cheeky, even if I was mad about it, I wouldn’t blame/sue Andrus.

I believe the owners of these places have the right to determine what is/isn’t appropriate for the space they own.

Yep.
    Theres a misconception from a lot of people about forums, social media/twitter/facebook etc - some think it is a public space.. so when they get banned they incorrectly say their free speech is being stifled. But in reality, a person agrees to the terms/rules when creating an account. They are supposed to abide by those rules or the site is well within their rights to deny their ability to post there.

So, on a lark, and because Apple has a new “hide my email” feature where they generate a bogus email if you ask them to when you respond to a website, I filled out a form for the above website. I actually used a bogus phone number and zip code as well as a bogus name. And in the field to describe how I was “censored” I just put a single character. So, I figured it would be flagged as bogus pretty quick.

Wrong, lol, today I got an email (forwarded from the Apple-generated email) that thanked me for sharing my story and invited me to fill out an online form. This form required me to list all my social media contact information and gave me a chance to elaborate again with dates, etc. it also urged me to make and submit a video telling about my “censorship”. There was one check box that asked if i wanted to join the “class” but zero other legalese to suggest that this is a legitimate effort to mount a class action lawsuit. No law firm identified, no statement of the premise or even any outline of what had to have happened to you to qualify you to be in the class. There were, however, at least three “donate” links on the page with the form.

I‘ve received several actual invitations to join class action suits in the past. There isn’t anything about this that compares to those. I’m very skeptical that this is anything other than contact info harvesting.
    How do you do this "hide my email" thing? Is it an iPhone feature or maybe built into Safari? Or is it for Macs that aren't handheld only?

It showed up on my IPad after the last update. I think it’s a Safari thing.

I haven’t been banned by Twitter or Facebook, but I have been blocked by weak minded people like Geoff Schwartz and Bryan Bienemy, and I wear those blocks like a badge of honor.

Yep.
    Theres a misconception from a lot of people about forums, social media/twitter/facebook etc - some think it is a public space.. so when they get banned they incorrectly say their free speech is being stifled. But in reality, a person agrees to the terms/rules when creating an account. They are supposed to abide by those rules or the site is well within their rights to deny their ability to post there.

This seems to be the whole argument in a nutshell. People don't understand that Facebook banning you is not a first amendment issue, yet they believe it is. And every time they hear of someone else being banned for only "speaking the truth" it then reaffirms their belief that they're on some sort of crusade and Facebook is some liberal monster trying to crush them under it's paw.

The thing I find really odd about all of this is that, aren't Republicans suppose to be all about corporations are people, businesses have rights and all that? The standard "if you don't like what they're doing there, don't shop there" response? (The old classic being smoking: You don't like that they smoke there? Don't shop/work there then.) Yet everything related to the pandemic and social media has screamed the opposite. Businesses have no right to require me to wear mask. Facebook has no right to require me to adhere to their terms of service. It's all quite odd.

Edit: True story time. I have a friend that went to Las Vegas. Anyone that has been to Las Vegas knows about the guys on the corners that give you the cards with a rather scantily clad lady and a phone number or website. He got one of these cards, got on live video on Facebook and recorded himself calling one of these numbers. Now this guy is your classic jokester, 24-7 seeking a laugh. He asked them about hair colors, ethnicity and various other things. Then he started asking about pricing, could he get a 2 for 1 deal since he had two flyers. What about 3 for 1 if one of them is a little person. Well, Facebook sent him to Facebook jail for a week or two. The message they sent him explaining why (they literally tell you why they banned you) said it had nothing to do with what he was saying. He was banned because he showed the flyer, which had a phone number for those services visible for the viewer. I wonder if he can join this lawsuit.

Last edited:
    Spoiler, I don’t believe the lawsuit exists. There’s no actual evidence of it, yet. (I am talking about the class action one that was mentioned in the OP).

I am not on twitter, but I even I am shocked I have not been in Facebook jail as of yet.

As far as I can tell based on what I see on Twitter it’s pretty difficult to get banned.

I think most of the people claiming to be banned are likely faking it.

I will wait for more information.

I don’t post much on Farcebook. Only things regarding my high school class or a couple of friends. Basically I go there maybe twice a month.

I will say that the site I am disappointed in is LinkedIn. Allegedly for professional networking there is far too much political bullschlitz on it.

Got out of LinkedIn shortly after I got out of FB. Same skew. Not worth it.

LinkedIn is too political? What, are you following the John Birch Society for job postings? How is LinkedIn political?

LinkedIn is too political? What, are you following the John Birch Society for job postings? How is LinkedIn political?
    Well, there was a poll and thread started by a guy about the SCOTUS. There was a reply re: Roe v Wade where person replying said that they supported bodily autonomy because more liberals would get abortions which would mean fewer liberals because, and I quote, those “idiots vote”.

Before that there a guy bleating about how wonderful Trump was.

imo, LinkedIn should not be for that. I contacted LinkedIn and was told basically that they did not care about that stuff.

Well, there was a poll and thread started by a guy about the SCOTUS. There was a reply re: Roe v Wade where person replying said that they supported bodily autonomy because more liberals would get abortions which would mean fewer liberals because, and I quote, those “idiots vote”.

Before that there a guy bleating about how wonderful Trump was.

imo, LinkedIn should not be for that. I contacted LinkedIn and was told basically that they did not care about that stuff.
    That is wild. I have never come across that, but then again, I am mainly following companies that my firm banks, or contacts of mine who separate the professional life from their personal life.

It mostly isn’t but there is the occasional political meme or story and then the political comments to it
    Don’t people (looking to keep/find a job) know that you shouldn’t post political or religious items in a business setting? That’s bound to be polarizing. I assume most of these people run their own business perhaps, but even then they run the risk of offending prospective clients?

Oh well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom