Happy Thanksgiving (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless to everyone on here and SR.Com.

About a month or two ago, I wasn't too sure whether I'd be happy and relieved and glad Trump was gone and we had a more responsible President-in-Elect waiting in the winds in Biden to take office come January or I'd be even more depressed and worried than 4 years ago about mood, future and overall political atmosphere of not just our country but the world, as a whole.

Just enjoy the fact the [Trump — no ugly nicknames please :nono:] will soon be gone, and relish his pathetic, immature temper-tantrums as the silly, ridiculous political BS sideshow it is and always has been.
    Rest yourselves, because the real hard work begins January 2021 and let their be no mistake, there will be no limit in the amount of difficult, legal and political, wrangling to push through some of Biden's policies or initiatives and he may not be able to achieve all of it without compromise and further still, he might be able to overturn some, maybe most of Trump-era administrative policies or short-sighted, reckless decisions, but not all of them. Especially if the GOP maintains a paper-thin majority in the Senate of 51-49.

Last edited by a moderator:
    For my family, no social distancing since it's just my family and we all live in the same house. So a bit of cooking a big meal and just chilling out together is in the cards for us. I kind of like it. :hihi:

I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday. It is a good time to remember the story behind Thanksgiving, whether fictional or not, is one of friendship toward a group that posed a potential conflict. May we find ways that will help us reconcile with those with whom we disagree and realize that ultimately we all want what is best for our fellow Americans and peace for the world at large.

Anyone have any thanksgiving traditions? Over here we have some that includes my uncle wearing a MAGA hat making politically incorrect statements, extolling us with totally true facts about the country that he saw on facebook and youtube

Anyone have any thanksgiving traditions? Over here we have some that includes my uncle wearing a MAGA hat making politically incorrect statements, extolling us with totally true facts about the country that he saw on facebook and youtube
    Oh my! I’m the uncle in my family, and I won’t be doing that. You need special blessings! I plan to avoid politics as much as possible today. Today is about being thankful for all of our blessings. We are blessed to live in a country that allows us to argue and debate, and I have many other personal blessings to celebrate today. May we have many more years to celebrate these blessings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom