FORWARD...A New Political Party (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Will the "Forward" Political Party gain any traction?
    Which of the established parties will it draw voters from?
    Historically, every Party outside of the GOP and the DEMS has gone nowhere.
    Yet is America possibly so sick of the current political climate that the Forward Party could actually appeal to many voters? :unsure:

Last edited:
    Will the "Forward" Political Party gain any traction?
    Which of the established parties will it draw voters from?
    Every Party outside of the GOP and the DEMS has gone nowhere.
    Yet is America possibly so sick of the current political climate that the Forward Party could actually appeal to many voters? :unsure:
    Notice their slogan:
    Not left. Not right.
    Forward.

Notice their slogan:
    Not left. Not right.
    Forward.
    O Man. This "Forward Party" is nothing new.
    Yahoo and Reuters posted a stories tonight as if this was something new.
    I went to YouTube to find a fresh video to supplement my new thread.
    Duh Steve. There are a bunch of videos from 2 years ago.
    Here's one....

Last edited:
    Here is a REUTERS story FROM TODAY (7/27/22)

Here is a REUTERS story FROM TODAY (7/27/22)
    I guess what IS NEW is that Christine Todd Whitman is "onboard" and more importantly the Serve America Movement (SAM) and the Renew America Movement (RAM) have merged with Forward.
    The "Power of Three" working together as one.
    Is that "news" or everyone will just shrug?

I’m shrugging right now. So, I don’t know yet how this will skew, but if it draws voters away from Republicans then I’m all for it. At least until the Rs get rid of their extremists.

If we had less of a threat from the GOP right now, I’d be more in favor of it. But with the current extremists having a stranglehold on the GOP, we can’t afford a party that splits the non-crazies.

Andrew Yang is just another self-absorbed billionaire, as far as I am concerned. He doesn’t impress me much.

The biggest problem in this country today is radicalization, and it is happening on both sides. We are caught in a self-reinforcing feedback loop, and I don't think we're going to get unstuck with Democrats and Republicans, because both of those parties are benefitting from the radicalization.

I'm not sure these guys are the answer either, but none of the stuff we worry about matters if we continue down this path of radicalization.

There is a 62-year-old woman in Baltimore County, Md., who has an unusual distinction: She is the only registered member of the Grass Roots Party in the United States.

Maryland is also home to the only registered member of the Natural Party and the only registered member of the Tax Party. It has three members of the Bull Moose Party, though there are more than 50 across the United States. It also has three members of the political party that is my personal favorite: the Anarchist Party. Like being a member of the Destroy All Clubs Club.

Most Anarchists (that is, party members, not actual anarchists) live in Pennsylvania. In that state, there are 44 Anarchist Party voters, out of more than 7 million third-party voters in general. There are more than 30 political parties with which Pennsylvanians have registered, from the American Party to the Whigs. (Amazingly, only three of the state’s 42 Whig Party members are older than 65.)

The point is simple. All the discussion in this country about the need for a third party — that is, an alternative to the Democratic and Republican parties — ignores that we already have a lot of political parties. In fact, in the states that report voter registration by party, 1 out of every 42 voters is already registered with a third party. (This is according to Washington Post analysis of voter data from the firm L2.) The 3.3 million third-party members in the reporting states make up 1 in 64 voters nationally.

The state with the highest density of third-party registrants is Alaska, with 1 in 11 voters

This is actual party members, mind you; not just “decline to state” or “independent.” It does, however, include members of the American Independent Party, a right-wing party that appears to benefit from voters mistakenly thinking that it’s the proper choice to register as an independent..............

Americans are deeply frustrated with politics. They see the country heading in the wrong direction. They are regularly forced to choose between two candidates they don’t particularly like. Between 40 and 50 percent of the country identifies not as Democrat or Republican but as independent.

To someone schooled in the basics of market economies, this would seem like a no-brainer: Create an alternative. If people think all of the local coffee shops are terrible, you open a new coffee shop. And if the two major political parties are terrible, bingo: Start a new major political party.

There’s just one problem: The other coffee houses control who can open a coffee shop and how big it can be. What’s more, the people who are frustrated with the coffee shops still often have a vested interest in seeing one of the coffee shops succeed. And the problems snowball from there.

The announcement Wednesday that a group of former candidates and elected officials from both parties were forming a new party — Forward — isn’t really surprising. It’s a flash of admirably American optimism, the idea that their low prices on pourovers and tasty muffins will set them apart. And it’s even to some extent self-aware: The essay introducing the party is predicated on the idea that this third party won’t fail.

I wrote about this a bit last year. A key point from that article is that our constantly hearing about new “third” parties makes the inherent problem obvious. There are, of course, scores of other parties out there, a third and a fourth and a 20th party that sit in contrast to the Democrats and the Republicans. But since the point of a political party is to amass political power and since none of those parties have amassed much, they’ve been relegated to insignificance.

There’s no powerful third party, no counterweight to the Democrats and the Republicans. Largely because the Democrats and Republicans have worked hard to make sure there isn’t one...........

What’s important to remember about the Forward group’s regular invocation of the number of independents is that most independents still align with one party or the other. In Gallup’s most recent polling, 43 percent of respondents identified as independents. But a bit under half of that group said they leaned toward the Democrats; most of the rest leaned toward the GOP.

What animates independents who lean toward one party or the other isn’t that they support centrist positions, it’s that they hate the other party.

Republican-leaning independents don’t necessarily share “being independent” with Democrat-leaning ones. They simply share a disinterest in being part of a political party … which, of course, doesn’t bode well for those looking to start a new political party.

This conflation of “independent” and “centrist” is a fatal flaw in this argument. Both parties are home to centrists (though the Democrats more heavily so). The parties have traditionally worked hard to make their positions palatable to those in the middle. They’re big, long-standing coffee shops! They’ll do what they can to keep customers, even grudgingly..........

Because too many peope buy into the fear that both parties put out. A vote for 3rd party is like a vote for the other party main party...

They don't work in this country because people are more afraid of the other party than they actually like their own party...
    Never say never.

If the 3rd party had an amazing candidate it would be better than Trump or Biden. I am so wishing for somebody normal....competent...and 55 or younger.
    So a third party candidate has to be amazng, while at the same time, D&R can present 3 of the worst candidates in history over the the last 2 elections and people gush over them..lol

Never say never.

If the 3rd party had an amazing candidate it would be better than Trump or Biden. I am so wishing for somebody normal....competent...and 55 or younger.
    Hey, Steve, hope you’re having a good holiday. Here’s something I want you to think about whenever you have time. You actually just might have the candidate you want - except for one attribute - in Joe Biden. He’s very normal - a centrist, a moderate actually. He’s proven to be adept at managing a couple of foreign crises, and I don’t blame him too much for the withdrawal from Afghanistan because Trump set him up for that failure. He’s managing to actually pass legislation, despite the current crop of craziness in Congress and no huge margins for his party. He’s doing so in a mostly bipartisan manner. So by almost any measure he’s proven to be competent. He is a steady chief executive during an worldwide economic crisis. By almost any measure our economy is doing better than the rest of the world.

Just a thought.

Notice their slogan:
    Not left. Not right.
    Forward.
    I noticed that old saw.

What I'm wondering is did I first hear that on a Cheech & Chong album, or did Freewheeling Frank say it in one of The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers comic books.

Unfortunately I looked to see which ones to quote, doing that I found this, it goes froward while at the same time going backwards:

Hey, Steve, hope you’re having a good holiday. Here’s something I want you to think about whenever you have time. You actually just might have the candidate you want - except for one attribute - in Joe Biden. He’s very normal - a centrist, a moderate actually. He’s proven to be adept at managing a couple of foreign crises, and I don’t blame him too much for the withdrawal from Afghanistan because Trump set him up for that failure. He’s managing to actually pass legislation, despite the current crop of craziness in Congress and no huge margins for his party. He’s doing so in a mostly bipartisan manner. So by almost any measure he’s proven to be competent. He is a steady chief executive during an worldwide economic crisis. By almost any measure our economy is doing better than the rest of the world.

Just a thought.
    Thank you for wishing me a continued good visit to Ireland. I will not take the time to reply to your Biden related comments. That topic can wait✌

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom