FBI thwarts Michigan "militia" plot to kidnap Michigan Governor (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    The group, six of which are identified and charged in the criminal complaint, has been recruiting, including at the 2nd Amendment rally at the Michigan state house earlier this year, and "training" in August. Th group has also allegedly stockpiled weapons and other material for the plan. The plan included talk of kidnapping other governors.

The FBI has now made multiple public comments that right-wing militias are a threat to peace in the United States, particularly as we move toward an uncertain time with a presidential election in the midst of a pandemic.

According to the complaint, a Michigan-based militia group attempted to recruit members for the operation, which included storming the Capitol building in Lansing and take hostages, including Whitmer. The plan was reportedly supposed to be executed before the November 2020 election.

The militia group reportedly held several meetings over the summer where they participated in firearms training and combat drills; they also attempted to build IED devices, which were faulty and did not detonate as planned, according to the complaint.

The group then reportedly decided to abduct the governor at her vacation home and take her to a secure location in Wisconsin for "trial."

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...nap-michigan-gov-gretchen-whitmer/5922301002/

Here is the full criminal complaint filed in federal court in Michigan:

Holy shirt.

What is going on with my home state.

They don't protest, huh? They just plan government coup's to capture duly elected officials? Guess they won't be taking that high road about violent protests, huh?

It's only the beginning. Things are going to get really ugly.

This is why people find it such poor judgment when Trump uses such language as "LIBERATE MICHIGAN!" (tweet of April 17).

Why would he choose that word? Sure, many will argue that he's just being rhetorical, but he knows what these words mean.

So.....

Any of our fine posters on the right wanna comment on your friends here?

Maybe explain how this the same as antifa or BLM? Or that only violence is on the left?

No?

This is why people find it such poor judgment when Trump uses such language as "LIBERATE MICHIGAN!" (tweet of April 17).

Why would he choose that word? Sure, many will argue that he's just being rhetorical, but he knows what these words mean.
    He doesn't care.

Here's hoping that FBI still has her under their protection cause after reading the complaint, I have no doubt that there will be some sort of retaliation. The rest of the militia may say fork the trial of the Governor and just go straight to execution much like Daniel Harris suggested.

Here's hoping that FBI still has her under their protection cause after reading the complaint, I have no doubt that there will be some sort of retaliation. The rest of the militia may say fork the trial of the Governor and just go straight to execution much like Daniel Harris suggested.

Maybe, but I suspect most who know the 6 guys that were arrested are gonna distance themselves from them because they want nothing to do with the FBI going after them too. At least I would think so. But no telling with these people.

Because right now everything is a campaign issue...

They just gave Biden some nice ammo if he's willing to use it. Right-wing extremists attempting to kidnap a Governor that has been such a subject of Trump's ire. If they choose to not play it safe they could lay this right at the feet of Trump and if they want to be dishonest about it tie it back to "Stand back and stand by".

I don't think they will because they seem to be playing everything crazy safe, but it's there for the taking.

Because right now everything is a campaign issue...

They just gave Biden some nice ammo if he's willing to use it. Right-wing extremists attempting to kidnap a Governor that has been such a subject of Trump's ire. If they choose to not play it safe they could lay this right at the feet of Trump and if they want to be dishonest about it tie it back to "Stand back and stand by".

I don't think they will because they seem to be playing everything crazy safe, but it's there for the taking.

You have to bring this up. It isn't just a political campaign at this point. This demonstrates why Trump's "liberate Michigan" and "stand back and stand by" comments are dangerous--why he is dangerous.

Can I have their ammo? My mother is from Michigan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom