DOJ dropping criminal case against Gen Flynn (UPDATE: DC Cir. dismisses case) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Interesting. This is the first I'm reading of this. I'm only going off the AP article.

So, it begs the question, right? Was the FBI really in the wrong with their initial questioning and this should have never started? Or is Barr using his power to force the department to drop the case, because the Judge disagreed with the Defense council's argument, which now the DOJ is allegedly also in believe of.

This is wild, right? The prosecutors are seemingly agreeing with the defense, only after the judge didn't agree? Am I reading this correctly?

It could be the right thing to do. It could be pure politics. I didn't look at the new documents.
    I have virtually no idea of the details, but if prosecutors are agreeing that a guilty plea should be withdrawn then I am guessing there is evidence of a serious degree of prosecutorial misconduct: as in withholding exculpatory evidence and/or lying to the Court.

This is purely political decision by the DOJ and Barr due to Trump's pressure. Anybody claiming otherwise is laughable. As if we haven't been seen this interference with the FBI/Justice department since Day 1 of this administration. Trump just has all the people in place now with Barr at the helm to make it easier to do. These people have destroyed any notion of a non-political Justice Department and equal prosecution under the law.

In just about every sense, this nation has become a joke under this administration, a sad joke. I really don't know that we can recover from this level of corruption and cronyism.

This is purely political decision by the DOJ and Barr due to Trump's pressure. Anybody claiming otherwise is laughable. As if we haven't been seen this interference with the FBI/Justice department since Day 1 of this administration. Trump just has all the people in place now with Barr at the helm to make it easier to do. These people have destroyed any notion of a non-political Justice Department and equal prosecution under the law.

In just about every sense, this nation has become a joke under this administration, a sad joke. I really don't know that we can recover from this level of corruption and cronyism.
    Thanks for that entirely predictable reaction. It made my day.

Its US intel. It’s all over the Mueller report if I remember correctly. DNC concluded it was Russia almost immediately but at a minimum Trump was told this in intel briefings by August 2016.
    Are you talking about the part of the Mueller report that states that it "appears" that the GRU stole the emails? We have a lot more documentation in regards to all the interviews that were done under oath that Schiff refused to release until now.

No direct evidence. That's not what we lead to believe. Once again, the DNC refused to let the FBI examine their servers.

Last edited:
    Do you believe Flynn to be innocent of the crimes to which he plead guilty?
    What do you think about the fact that the FBI agents who interviewed Flynn didn't think he was lying?
    Screenshot_20200508-101849_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200508-101910_Chrome.jpg

Would you agree that it's possible to lie without a change in posture, tone, or inflection?
    Sure, but those FBI agents already knew exactly what was said on the call between Flynn and the Ambassador before they interviewed him. You didn't answer my question that you responded to.

Sure, but those FBI agents already knew exactly what was said on the call between Flynn and the Ambassador before they interviewed him. You didn't answer my question that you responded to.

Given that you believe it's possible to lie without altering your physicality, your questions is irrelevant as Flynn could have lied without giving any outward indication.

Let's not forget the judge in the case questioned if he couldn't be charged with treason.

The amount of my glad-handing is this thread because it's your "team" is sad, but not surprising.
    Considering the horrible behavior of the Prosecutor Van Grack it's not surprising that the judge felt that way. I can guarantee that the Judge doesn't feel that way now. This Twitter thread documents that with links to court filings. New evidence shows the FBI/DOJ conspired to use the Logan Act(which is most likely unconstitutional) against Flynn.

Given that you believe it's possible to lie without altering your physicality, your questions is irrelevant as Flynn could have lied without giving any outward indication.
    I think I those FBI agents are in a better position to ascertain that don't you think?

I think I those FBI agents are in a better position to ascertain that don't you think?

Sure. Doesn't change the fact that a physical observation of a person is not a reliable way to determine truthfulness no matter how well trained the observer.

Sure. Doesn't change the fact that a physical observation of a person is not a reliable way to determine truthfulness no matter how well trained the observer.

So, did the FBI turn over that 302 to the court with an explanation, "hey we didn't think he was lying, but you know judge, sometimes we get that wrong?" Or, did they try to bury that assessment of his credibility?

So, did the FBI turn over that 302 to the court with an explanation, "hey we didn't think he was lying, but you know judge, sometimes we get that wrong?" Or, did they try to bury that assessment of his credibility?
    What 302 are you referring to? Why does it matter if the FBI didn't think he was lying at some point in time, if they later found evidence that he was lying? Is your position that if someone testifies to authorities, and they don't think that person is lying, then they should stop investigating that person, even if they find other reasons to investigate?

I haven't studied the evidence extensively, and I doubt you have, but I have read a bit about Flynn's alleged crimes, and I believe he is a traitor. Furthermore, Flynn pled guilty twice, and that only happens when the evidence is overwhelming or you don't have any recourse. Flynn had plenty of recourse. People that don't have recourse usually don't have money nor backers. Flynn had both.

I posted this in the wrong thread earlier:

Well, what do you know. This article is about a "secret phone call" between Obama and some of his former staff members. I guarantee it was purposely leaked and also it's the same reporter who was first reported on the Steele dossier and his article was used on the FISA warrant applications. These guys are STILL using the same playbook.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom