DOJ Actions Against Planners of Jan. 6 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    Let’s have a thread for this separate from the people who actually entered the Capitol. The first indication I have seen that the DOJ is actively looking at this is the subpoena that Peter Navarro evidently received last week. According to Navarro, this subpoena asks for all his communication with Trump concerning the rally on Jan. 6.

Navarro claims the subpoena refers to his refusal to testify before the Congressional committee, but legal folks say that a subpoena for this would be unusual, and this may point to actual DOJ activity toward the people who planned Jan. 6 and/or the attempts to overturn the 2020 Presidential election.

“According to Navarro, the grand jury subpoena directs him to appear for June 2 testimony and to produce any documents that would shed light on his refusal to testify to congressional investigators in February. The demand for documents, he says, include records of any contacts he had with Trump or the former president’s attorneys.

A grand jury subpoena for Navarro would be the most aggressive known step that prosecutors have taken into Trump’s West Wing related to Jan. 6. There have long been indications, though, that federal prosecutors have been laying the groundwork for a broader probe into Trump’s inner circle to examine their role in attempting to overturn the results of the 2020 election — and stoking the violence that ensued Jan. 6, 2021.”

I think we’ll learn a few new things during the public hearings, but Merrill probably has all of that information, so I don’t expect much to come of it.

Will we be discussion the public hearings here or in a different thread? I'm really interested in what comes of these hearings.
    I was wondering the same thing. Maybe we should start a new thread because there are multiple hearings planned. JMO.

The hearings are going to be a sad joke unfortunately.

Our political system is too broken to deal with an issue like this. I'm not saying they shouldn't have the hearings, but there is a 0% chance this is going to result in anything other than people losing even more faith in our system.

The hearings are going to be a sad joke unfortunately.

Our political system is too broken to deal with an issue like this. I'm not saying they shouldn't have the hearings, but there is a 0% chance this is going to result in anything other than people losing even more faith in our system.
    These hearings are necessary precisely because of how broken the system is. This cannot stand and we cannot throw our hands up and give up. This is the last chance we have to save the country we have come to know because if the people who did this and helped them do it are banking on the attitude of the the hearings being a joke are doing so with hopes of staying out of jail and staying in power. If republicans retake the house and the senate in this election, it very well could be the last elections we have and I truly believe that. It is as real to me as the election being rigged is real to trump and his supporters.

These hearings are necessary precisely because of how broken the system is. This cannot stand and we cannot throw our hands up and give up. This is the last chance we have to save the country we have come to know because if the people who did this and helped them do it are banking on the attitude of the the hearings being a joke are doing so with hopes of staying out of jail and staying in power. If republicans retake the house and the senate in this election, it very well could be the last elections we have and I truly believe that. It is as real to me as the election being rigged is real to trump and his supporters.

I’m not saying we shouldn’t have hearings.

I’m just saying I believe we’re already past the point of our system being able to handle this situiation.

The hearings will be a joke because there isn’t enough leadership in the body running the hearings for them to be effective.

From the Jan. 6 thread

theres this.

Feds Search Home Of Trump DOJ Flunkie Jeff Clark​

Josh Kovensky - 3h ago
    A spokesman for the D.C. U.S. Attorney’s Office told TPM that “there was law enforcement activity in the Lorton area yesterday. We have no comment regarding the nature of that activity.”

Russ Vought, a former Trump administration official who runs a foundation that employs Clark, tweeted that on Wednesday, more than a dozen “DOJ law enforcement officials” searched Clark’s home in a “pre dawn raid,” leaving the onetime pretender to the position of attorney general “in the streets in his pjs.”

ABC and the New York Times first reported the searches. It’s not clear what the focus of the searches was.
    I think it has to do with the fraudulent electors stuff in the states.

I think Clark and Navarro will eventually do time. Just my hunch at this point.

Also, someone who used to be a prosecutor said on TV that there was a reason the DOJ went to Clark’s house and searched it today. They were worried that after the hearing made this stuff on him public he may start destroying evidence.

Also, someone who used to be a prosecutor said on TV that there was a reason the DOJ went to Clark’s house and searched it today. They were worried that after the hearing made this stuff on him public he may start destroying evidence.
    Good point

He had to know he was under investigation. Why would he hold on to possibly incriminating evidence all this time? That would be colossally stupid of him. But then again, no one ever accused anyone associated with Trump of not being stupid.

I also read where Clark or his lawyer claims there were multiple search warrants executed that day. Nobody else has come forward, they are laying low, unlike Clark, lol.

I also read where Clark or his lawyer claims there were multiple search warrants executed that day. Nobody else has come forward, they are laying low, unlike Clark, lol.
    Someone has now. I hope Eastman followed that advice from the White House counsel...

I will admit the DOJ has this buttoned up tight, but we did get a bit of info today:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom