Deconstructing the gospels: how the idea of Jesus was created. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SystemShock

Uh yu ka t'ann
    Reaction score
    No rant today, just a link to a clip from "Caesar's Messiah: The Roman Conspiracy to Invent Jesus", explaining how the writers of the gospels basically took the Torah and rewrote it, this time featuring a benevolent, pacifist god.

The entire documentary is available on Amazon video. It's like $3 to rent.

Amazon product ASIN B008Q5LMYO

I have read multiple books by Bart Ehrman and Elaine Pagels as well as “Jesus Against Christianity” and “The Hidden Gospel” among others.

I will check out the video. That being said I think that there was a person named Yeshua. I do not think that he was born in Bethlehem as the entire “census” story was nonsense. The Romans would never have ordered a counting of population based upon where people’s ancestors were from. There is also the issue of the alleged genealogies.

Beyond that God in the OT was a tribal societal control mechanism. The purpose was to create a group of “human beings” vs groups of “others”. Imo, this is demonstrated in the different wording of the 5th commandmen: Thou shalt not kill vs thou shalt not commit murder. Murder, imo, is applied to killing within the “human beings” and therefore allows killing of the “others” shown in the murderous rampages of people who happened to be living where the Hebrew Semitic group wished to live.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
    Top Bottom