Debt Ceiling (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lapaz

Reaction score
    Some of the comments Rs are making are just crazy:

These stupid Republicans need to have the money taken away and forced to live on low income government support for several months so that they can see that nobody is choosing to live like that. I can't think of any group of people that lives more off of the government largesse than those incompetent butt crevasses.

These stupid Republicans need to have the money taken away and forced to live on low income government support for several months so that they can see that nobody is choosing to live like that. I can't think of any group of people that lives more off of the government largesse than those incompetent butt crevasses.

My problem is they are not disciplined to what they espouse is their true mission. If they want a want a more prosperous country. You want to run the country like a business? Fine, so let's run it like a business. What number would you go hold above all others in the same vein as earnings? GDP, or even GDP per capita. How would you raise that? We know tax cuts don't work. Louisiana, and Oklahoma wouldn't have massive budgets deficits, and median levels of GDP per capita. Which states lead on that front? It's almost all blue states. There are some obvious conclusions as to what policies actually raise GDP.

I don't even understand how Republicans ever propaganda's their way into making Americans believe "They are better for the economy." ND is the only red state with a GDP per capita above 70k. This should also tell you why Republicans are so big on fracking. They have no other state to point at for their policies working.

If America was run like a business, Republicans would have all been fired for poor earnings reports decades ago.

So MTG voted for the bill as compared to her colleagues Gaetz, Boebert, etc. Wonder what she's pulling from McCarthy (or vice versa).
    She wants to be Speaker when the radicals inevitably pull his Speakership?

That's cool and all, but let's not forget the Dems had a chance to prevent this situation in the first place and watched it slip away along with their majority. They could've forced something through between November and January but didn't.
    True. But I will take these small victories over the alternatives if Biden weren’t POTUS.

I'm glad a deal was reached. I just wish both sides of the aisle could stop attacking the other side and act like adults and finally get our budget to the point where we make money instead of losing billions (or trillions) every time we turn around.

That's cool and all, but let's not forget the Dems had a chance to prevent this situation in the first place and watched it slip away along with their majority. They could've forced something through between November and January but didn't.
    That's assuming the D's would have been able to reach 60 votes in the Senate. The Senate GOP was more hostile than they are now because they were the only obstacle the D's faced. After the GOP flipped the house, they were content on letting the House run wild.

I'm glad a deal was reached. I just wish both sides of the aisle could stop attacking the other side and act like adults and finally get our budget to the point where we make money instead of losing billions (or trillions) every time we turn around.
    You will be relieved to know that in both of his first two years Biden has seen the debt reduced. Whereas under Trump it increased all four years and substantially so. Also, both Biden and McCarthy praised the other side in these negotiations. Don’t listen to the flame throwers, they’re loud but don’t really do anything.

I hate when the deal was first agreed on the media immediately pounced with their

"which side won? Which side lost? Who got their way? Who caved? Who had their lunch money taken? Who had their arse handed to them?

I don't know that anyone's vote would be swayed by what the media and the twitterverse says but still

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom