Could a "blue wave" strike in November? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bayouboy

Reaction score
    I know we have all become accustomed to chaos and anarchy in government since Trump took power in 2016, but there hasn't been an overwhelming push back due to those antics. Trump narrowly lost in 2020 and the Republicans took back the House. So support is still there (surprisingly). But with the clown show in the House of late, I can see the public pushing back at the ballot box and moving "blue" in November. There's no way regular Americans are looking at Mike Johnson, MTG, and the rest of those clowns and not thinking we need a change. I know the Presidential race will be close, but I think the Democrats will take back the House and maybe gain a few seats in the Senate. Will America make a statement???

The Wyoming rule is one good way of doing it and is the only drafted proposal that I'm aware of. It strikes a good balance between equal representation and not creating a crazy amount of new seats in the House.

I agree on the criticism of Obama. He could have done so much more that a near super majority of Americans support. He did a lot of good things, but there was so much more he had the ability to accomplish and he chose not to.

Obama never had that 60 seat majority actually sitting in their seats voting. Sure they had the people but they weren't in their seats to vote.

If you remember, the republican governor of Minnesota at the time prevented Al Franken from taking his seat until July 2009. Not long after that two democrats were having health problems and weren't in their seats to vote. Those being Kennedy and Byrd. Both men ended up dying the next year. Both men had to go back to the Senate to cast the deciding and filibuster breaking votes for Obamacare in 2010. Both men were fighting dying from the middle of 2009 until they died in 2010. Kennedy was fighting brain cancer, Byrd was dying of what was called "natural causes" but he was admitted to the hospital for an infection. He spent most of the last year of his life in the hospital. Same with Kennedy.

While there were 60 democratic senators, not all 60 were in their seats to vote so Obama didn't have that 60 votes.

I really wish the POTUS was elected by popular vote this year. Trump would be curb stomped and
    no longer a threat. That said,I believe our founding fathers got it right,and let us keep it like it is.

I disagree, it may have made more sense in the late 1700s but not now.....The idea that 1 voter in a rural area counts for potentially thousands of votes in a populated area just doesn't make sense to me......If government is supposed to be "for the people"? Which people?

I'm not saying scrap it entirely, but it needs to be more equitable....right now IMO the Electoral college may wind up destroying this democracy.....

If we were just using the popular vote, it is likely that the last Republican who won the presidential election would have been Bush I in 1988.

Bush won the popular vote in 2004, but he only had that chance because he won the electoral vote in 2000 after losing the popular vote.

I say let's scrap it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom