Coming to America (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Roofgardener

Reaction score
    RIGHT.. that DOES it. I'm sending some goons to the USA to sort you lot out.

Seriously... my company in the UK needs to get to New York (and then Los Angeles) on the 1st April.. just 3 weeks away, so we need to expedite it.
    Now, I know that you can't get a B1 visa or ESTA at the moment, thanks to Biden banning UK citizens from the Land of the Free. But apparently the US company we are visiting has the ability to provide an 'over-ride" for this to the DHS. Something to do with 'National Emergency' ?

Are any of you immigration experts, and can you shed any light on this ?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section ?

Seriously... my company in the UK needs to get to New York (and then Los Angeles) on the 1st April.. just 3 weeks away, so we need to expedite it.
    Now, I know that you can't get a B1 visa or ESTA at the moment, thanks to Biden banning UK citizens from the Land of the Free. But apparently the US company we are visiting has the ability to provide an 'over-ride" for this to the DHS. Something to do with 'National Emergency' ?

This is the relevant Presidential proclamation that restricts travelling from our fair, if a bit plaguey, isle.

The restrictions aren't on UK citizens by the way, but on any non-citizens who were in the UK (or other specified areas) during the 14 days prior to their entry to the USA.

Sounds like the US company you're talking about are referring to section 2 (xii) which says the proclamation does not apply to " any noncitizen whose entry would be in the national interest, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their designees." But the full list of exemptions is in that link.

So I think generally that approval would have to be obtained, and then proof of that would be needed to be carried, and hope it doesn't get rescinded for some reason. Plus there's the requirements for a negative pre-departure COVID-19 test, self-isolating for 7 days on arrival, and another COVID-19 test 3-5 days after arrival. And then self-isolating for 14 days on return to the UK.

Generally, UK advice is here - https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa - and here - https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa/entry-requirements, and the US Embassy section is here - https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/u-s-visa-and-travel-faqs/ .

I thought this was about the movie, or i would have responded earlier.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...rs-from-the-schengen-area-uk-and-ireland.html

This link explains the national interest exceptions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom