CNN whistleblower (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lazybones

Reaction score
    I am seeing some articles about a CNN whistleblower. My sources are only one sided, so I am a little skeptical of the validity.
    However, apparently project Veritas has a whistleblower who wore a hidden camera to work.
    The accusation is that CNN has been running their news with a tad of bias. (No surprise here for some of us) We will see how this plays out.

I think it is actually pretty smart. Many people think of CNN as the middle ground. msnbc to the left fox to the right and CNN in the middle. The president has continuously said this station was/is spreading fake news about him.
    If this story holds true, CNN just handed him a very big stick to use in the election.
    I don't think that first part is true. I don't think anyone in the last decade has thought of CNN as middle ground and unbiased. And they are totally sensationalist. There is no stick. Everyone already knows this. Might as well say a NASA whistle blower is telling us the sun will set tonight.

There are various charts rating news organizations bias and how well they stick to the facts.

The network national news channels are close enough to be middle ground.

But I'd argue only the Associated Press and Reuters are truly unbiased.

Otherwise I tend to gravitate to NPR and the BBC.

Bias isnt that big of a thing, so long as truth and reason still shine bright. I'd still take stock in an article from the WSJ, even though they lean conservative. Their editorials are the only area that is iffy at times.

I don't think that first part is true. I don't think anyone in the last decade has thought of CNN as middle ground and unbiased. And they are totally sensationalist. There is no stick. Everyone already knows this.

I watched a couple of the allegedly more incriminating clips that O'Keefe posted. They want a lot of impeachment coverage... not much of a shocker. I am not sure what a smoking gun that is. They went in hard on Flight 737 and that's when I really stopped watching them (not that I really did much before that, tbh) because it got them ratings.

I am not watching the entire youtube video - I don't have the time or interest or inclination to even give him a view. But assuming the more alarming stuff was edited for posting on twitter... it was actually pretty underwhelming and not all that surprising.

I don't think that first part is true. I don't think anyone in the last decade has thought of CNN as middle ground and unbiased. And they are totally sensationalist.
    We don't often agree on a lot of things wardo but your assessment of CNN is spot on. See, there are some things we can agree on sometimes. :)

A related article:

More and more Republicans have a negative view of higher education. As crosswatt said, the vast majority of journalists have a degree from some college or university. Republicans have a growing distrust of anything having to do with college, thus it would follow they have a growing distrust with anything based on having a college degree.

Add to that the fact that the more educated a person is, the more likely they are to lean left and we get a growing sentiment from the right that media and education in general is left-biased. When the numbers were different only 20-30 years ago, the left wasn’t calling college education biased against the left, but now there’s definitely that accusation from the right.

It's not just conservatives that are concerned of the lack of viewpoint diversity among university faculty. Jonathan Haidt, who is hardly conservative, was concerned enough that he was one of the founders of heterodox academy.

The concern is not simply that liberals outnumber conservatives, but also that this imbalance leads to an environment where profs and students feel censored in what they say and write. Academic freedom is not just a concern for those who are outnumbered.

Same. Some of the NPR podcasts are a little baited with their phrasing, but the reporting is overall regarding as highly factual.
    Totally agree. 1A, and a few others tend to by pretty tilted. But, they're still smart shows.

For local Florida stuff, I like the Sunshine Economy, otherwise, I like Politics with Amy Walter mostly, but a few other programs have good segments I tend to enjoy. I'll probably start posting more of them to get some conversations going, when I get some time.

Random thing that has nothing to do with this topic.. I just saw that my title is "well-known member", which is a great double entendre, but also.. I didn't pick it. I'm not THAT arrogant. I'll need to change that.

Random thing that has nothing to do with this topic.. I just saw that my title is "well-known member", which is a great double entendre, but also.. I didn't pick it. I'm not THAT arrogant. I'll need to change that.

Just take a Sharpie to your screen and redact it.

You should look up their media bias scores sometime.

So you seem to admit and be okay with the fact the Project Veritas is just doing Trump a favor?

CNN doesn’t do “fake news”. Project Veritas does that.

I thought you were more reasonable than this, I really did.

hold on, I’m not advocating anything. I’m just giving my opinion on what’s happening. Do I think PV wants trump to win of course. I’m just saying it’s a smart move, knowing the playbook that has been used.
    Whether any of us agree with it is irrelevant. The question is “how impactful will it be”.
    I’m curious to see the story. Let’s see how it plays out.

I’m curious to see the story. Let’s see how it plays out.

you can see the story

but I think ABC inadvertently stole what little thunder he might’ve had so there might not be much to see.

you can see the story

but I think ABC inadvertently stole what little thunder he might’ve had so there might not be much to see.
    Haha good for them. I’ve had a busy day. I’m just starting the Internet rounds for this evening.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom