Climate Change and the Ownership of Private Property (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

TheRealTruth

Reaction score
    Although the paper was published in 2012, it is still very much relevant.

The argument that the ownership of private property is a large facilitator to climate change.

I heard some hyperbole over another story recently and ran across this more reasoned response to the problem.

Do you think there should be a global effort to reduce private property ownership as a way to facilitate real progress when it comes to the climate crisis?

It really is a bizarre time in our nation's history. I have repeated this before - it's as though we are sitting in the same theater, watching the same screen, but we are seeing two different films.

This definitely seems true.

I saw a graph the other day that purported to show how the Democratic party and the Republican party moved over the years. The GOP had moved back and forth, but was fairly consistent. The Democratic party in contrast had taken an extreme left turn.

I'd also be interested in seeing this graph, or hearing what issues you think the Democrats have gone left on. You mention gun control, but it seems to me just trying to go back to what we already had with an assault gun ban in the 90's. There used to be a meaningful part of the Republican party that pushed for more gun legislation, but that seems to be gone now.

The Republican party used to be more more supportive of government programs, but the past 20 years have pulled back from that.

Environmental positions have shifted as well. The Republican party used to have a decent wing pushing for legislation to solve environmental issues, and climate change was not a partisan issue.

As far as equality, I tend to agree with an analogy made by the pundit Douglass Murray. It seemed we were on a train that was just about to pull into our desired location when all of a sudden someone decided to fully accelerate and we went right past the depot and we are now heading off the tracks.

Can you give examples of this?

I am not sure that our differences are reconcilable.
    I genuinely believe that our best hope is for the Democrats to get destroyed in the 2020 elections so that they will have to reevaluate. Just being honest, right now they seem like silly people who believe that the answer to everything is to demonstrate that they are more woke than the next person.

I kind of think the same thing from the virtue signaling Republicans. It's not going to happen either way.

The Republicans have been taken over by the Baby Boomers, and ever since the generation who brought us the 60s have started hitting their 60s they’ve trended much more conservative.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/181325/baby-boomers-likely-identify-conservative.aspx

This is from a few years ago, but shows the Terence pretty clearly.

People who aren’t going to be around in 30 or 40 years aren’t going to be as inclined to change their life to stop the sea level from rising a few inches in the next 30 years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom