Capitol Riot arrests (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
    Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
    1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
    1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
    1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
    1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
    1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
    Lisa Eisenhart
    Robert Keith Packer
    Klete Keller
    Aaron Mostofsky
    Anthime Joseph Gionet
    Peter Francis Stager
    Christine Priola

The legislation being rejected by Republican leadership was negotiated by House Homeland Security Committee ranking member John Katko (R-N.Y.) and largely mirrors a proposal he and other top House GOP committee leaders authored in January that made no mention of probing other political violence.
    For the record, this is what happens when you try to negotiate with Republicans to create bi-partisan legislation and they have proven this time and time again.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Says Trump Supporters Who Breached Capitol 'Being Abused' in Fed Custody​

rgia GOP Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene said supporters of former President Donald Trump who stormed the U.S. Capitol on January 6 are "being abused" in federal custody as she blasted House calls for a commission to study the insurrection.
    Greene, who earlier this month said the Capitol rioters were not Trump supporters at all, took a different approach Tuesday as she made a House floor statement in opposition to a proposed study of the January 6 events. The Georgia Republican said the study is just a "witch hunt" targeting Trump and "all those who support him." Despite touting U.S. law enforcement officers, she accused federal authorities of abusing suspected rioters in custody. Greene reiterated that last summer's nationwide protests following the death of George Floyd were the costliest "insurrection" Congress should investigate, not the January 6 riots.
    I rise in opposition against the commission to study the events of January 6 as well as spending $2 billion in security supplemental," Taylor Greene said.
    Which is it, were they Trump supporters or not?
    Which is it, you want a commission to investigate the Jan 6th insurrection or do you oppose the commission?
    How can anyone support this type of crazy?

anyone know when the first trials will start?
    ==========================

A federal grand jury has added six new counts Friday in a superseding indictment against a Maryland man accused of entering the U.S. Capitol with a handgun.

Christopher Alberts was arrested January 6 after police reportedly discovered him on the Capitol grounds during the riot armed with a Taurus G2C 9mm handgun. In a statement of facts filed at the time, investigators said Alberts was also found to have had a spare magazine and a gas mask on his person.

At the time, Alberts reportedly told police he had the firearm for personal protection and that he “did not intend on using the firearm to harm anyone.”

A federal grand jury indicted Alberts in January on four counts, including unlawful possession of a firearm on Capitol grounds, carrying a pistol without a license and possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device.

On Friday, the Department of Justice filed a superseding indictment adding six more counts, including two counts alleging Alberts engaged in physical violence while in the Capitol building or a restricted grounds and one count of assaulting federal officers. Because Alberts is accused of being armed with a handgun at the time, each of those charges could carry 10-to-20 years in prison with a dangerous weapon enhancement............

The tack on charges that most of them should get is sedition and attempted murder, both almost automatics with all the videos.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Says Trump Supporters Who Breached Capitol 'Being Abused' in Fed Custody​

Which is it, were they Trump supporters or not?
    Which is it, you want a commission to investigate the Jan 6th insurrection or do you oppose the commission?
    How can anyone support this type of crazy?

Green is one of the heads of the Hate Nazi's within the hate party. Anti American government and democracy haters. Just another traitor to this country.

Defending the 6th with their version of "if I wanted him dead, he'd be dead"

================================================================
    In a letter sent from behind bars, a key defendant in the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol said he and fellow inmates have bonded in jail, and boasted that those attacking the building could have overthrown the government if they had wanted.

The letter is signed “the 1/6ers” and expresses no remorse for the assault on the Capitol, in which five people died. While no names appeared on it, ProPublica was able to determine, through interviews with his family and a review of his correspondence from jail, that it was penned by Guy Reffitt, a member of the Three Percenter right-wing militant group accused of participating in the riot.

The letter said the inmates arrested for their role in the attack regularly recite the Pledge of Allegiance inside the Washington, D.C. jail and sing the national anthem “all in unison, loud and proud most everyday.”

“January 6th was nothing short of a satirical way to overthrow a government,” said the letter, written by hand on yellow lined paper. “If overthrow was the quest, it would have no doubt been overthrown.”..............

“Ask the Capitol Police for [their] opinion of how it could have been,” the letter says. “They are grateful it wasn’t a real insurrection complete with mind, body and soul.”..........

In a letter sent from behind bars, a key defendant in the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol said he and fellow inmates have bonded in jail, and boasted that those attacking the building could have overthrown the government if they had wanted.

The letter is signed “the 1/6ers” and expresses no remorse for the assault on the Capitol, in which five people died. While no names appeared on it, ProPublica was able to determine, through interviews with his family and a review of his correspondence from jail, that it was penned by Guy Reffitt, a member of the Three Percenter right-wing militant group accused of participating in the riot.

The letter said the inmates arrested for their role in the attack regularly recite the Pledge of Allegiance inside the Washington, D.C. jail and sing the national anthem “all in unison, loud and proud most everyday.”

“January 6th was nothing short of a satirical way to overthrow a government,” said the letter, written by hand on yellow lined paper. “If overthrow was the quest, it would have no doubt been overthrown.”..............

“Ask the Capitol Police for [their] opinion of how it could have been,” the letter says. “They are grateful it wasn’t a real insurrection complete with mind, body and soul.”..........

Q-ANUT HATE NAZI'S

These morons just all but guaranteed their convictions. So what if they didn't sign the letter? Everything they do is monitored, recorded on video and outgoing mail is tagged to a prisoner ID. It won't go out without it. There is no doubt video of the letter being composed and revised by the people who authored it. Especially if they're pledging allegiance loudly on a daily basis. They won't be difficult to identify and this letter will be used as evidence against them in court. They're sitting in a DC jail right now, not a federal prison. They obviously have no idea how different the two are.

because they were terrible at what they did, they shouldn't be convicted?
    I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you pesky kids...lol

I'm not familiar with the "short bus people" term, but using context clues I think I figured it out
    ===========================
    The outspoken lawyer for one of the Capitol attack defendants said his client and others charged in connection with the riot were especially susceptible to former President Donald Trump's election lies because of their mental capacity.

Albert Watkins, an attorney for Jacob Chansley, also known as the QAnon Shaman, delivered offensive, expletive-laden remarks on why the insurrection participants would take part in the deadly Capitol attack in a Talking Points Memo article published Tuesday.

"A lot of these defendants - and I'm going to use this colloquial term, perhaps disrespectfully - but they're all f---ing short-bus people," Watkins told the outlet. "These are people with brain damage."

He also called them an offensive term for someone with a developmental disability and suggested they had autism.

After listing the offensive insults against the defendants, Watkins said those traits made many of them deserving of sympathy, suggesting they were subjected to World War II levels of propaganda in the years leading up to January 6.

"But they're our brothers, our sisters, our neighbors, our coworkers - they're part of our country. These aren't bad people, they don't have prior criminal history," Watkins told Talking Points Memo. "F---, they were subjected to four-plus years of gosh darned propaganda the likes of which the world has not seen since f---ing Hitler."

In a comment to Insider, Watkins acknowledged his statements were "politically incorrect" but said there was "reason and purpose" behind his decision to make them............

I'm not sure about the area you live in, but where i grew up, the mentally challenged kids rode a seperate bus and went to a separate school. Their bus was about half the size of the regular bus, hence the name the Short Bus. When you say someone rides the short bus, you are calling them mentally challenged, or as we used to call it when i was a kid, the R word (it won't let me put the whole word)

I'm not sure about the area you live in, but where i grew up, the mentally challenged kids rode a seperate bus and went to a separate school. Their bus was about half the size of the regular bus, hence the name the Short Bus. When you say someone rides the short bus, you are calling them mentally challenged, or as we used to call it when i was a kid, the R word (it won't let me put the whole word)

yeah, I thought it was something like that

I've never heard that before though - definitely know the R word though

Thats because they see people like MTG talking them up. But what they don't see is they are really setting them up to take the fall..

Yep, I rode the short bus when I was a kid. Then got teased about it from friends at school. It's definitely a type of R-word insult. Short bus insults were common where I grew up and went to school.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom