Capitol Riot arrests (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
    Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
    1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
    1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
    1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
    1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
    1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
    Lisa Eisenhart
    Robert Keith Packer
    Klete Keller
    Aaron Mostofsky
    Anthime Joseph Gionet
    Peter Francis Stager
    Christine Priola

I read that in DiCaprio's character's voice from Django.

There was a movie about Django Reinhardt? (Actually, yes there was, I believe Sean Penn played the great man)....Seriously loved both movies featuring a Django...

Interesting article
    =============

WASHINGTON (AP) — More than 400 people have been charged with federal crimes in the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. But prison time may be another story.

With new defendants still flooding into Washington’s federal court, the Justice Department is under pressure to quickly resolve the least serious of cases. While defendants charged with crimes such as conspiracy and assaulting officers during the insurrection could be looking at hefty sentences, some members of the mob who weren’t caught joining in the violence or destruction could see little to no time behind bars.

“The people who were just there for the ride and somewhat clueless, I think for most of them they probably will not get prison time. And for what it’s worth, I think that’s appropriate,” said Rachel Barkow, a professor at the New York University School of Law. “Having a misdemeanor on their record, going through all this is probably a pretty big wake-up call for most of the folks,” she said.

The siege was like nothing the country had ever seen, as the mob of supporters of then-President Donald Trump descended on the Capitol to stop the congressional certification of Joe Biden’s election victory.

But in the months since, Trump loyalists have worked to minimize the assault, while Democrats and others want justice for what they saw as a crime against democracy and the rule of law.........

Interesting article
    =============

WASHINGTON (AP) — More than 400 people have been charged with federal crimes in the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. But prison time may be another story.

With new defendants still flooding into Washington’s federal court, the Justice Department is under pressure to quickly resolve the least serious of cases. While defendants charged with crimes such as conspiracy and assaulting officers during the insurrection could be looking at hefty sentences, some members of the mob who weren’t caught joining in the violence or destruction could see little to no time behind bars.

“The people who were just there for the ride and somewhat clueless, I think for most of them they probably will not get prison time. And for what it’s worth, I think that’s appropriate,” said Rachel Barkow, a professor at the New York University School of Law. “Having a misdemeanor on their record, going through all this is probably a pretty big wake-up call for most of the folks,” she said.

The siege was like nothing the country had ever seen, as the mob of supporters of then-President Donald Trump descended on the Capitol to stop the congressional certification of Joe Biden’s election victory.

But in the months since, Trump loyalists have worked to minimize the assault, while Democrats and others want justice for what they saw as a crime against democracy and the rule of law.........

It was clear to every single person involved what was being attempted in this attack on our democracy, Sedition charges for all of them. They are a law and order group or say they are anyway , they will understand and support it.. Throw them under the bus . There vote should be taken away from them. They deserve no say in this country ever again. Force them to tattoo a T for traitor on their forehead.

It was clear to every single person involved what was being attempted in this attack on our democracy, Sedition charges for all of them. They are a law and order group or say they are anyway , they will understand and support it.. Throw them under the bus . There vote should be taken away from them. They deserve no say in this country ever again. Force them to tattoo a T for traitor on their forehead.

I get the sentiment, but none of that is gonna happen.

Not at the Capitol, but at the Oregon Capitol on Dec 21st.

Prosecutors say Nearman — who was stripped of his committee assignments and has faced calls to resign in recent months — “unlawfully and knowingly” opened the door for the far-right group “with intent to obtain a benefit or to harm another.”

Yet another in the "can't keep your mouth shut" carousel (although this one was the wife - it still counts)
    ===============================
    A man was charged with joining the Capitol riot after his wife made Facebook posts talking about his involvement, court documents say.

According to DOJ filings released Wednesday, the FBI got a tip pointing them to a Facebook page in the name of Lynn Feiler Edwards, with posts talking about the involvement of her husband Gary Edwards on January 6.

The insurrection that day saw hundreds of supporters of then-President Donald Trump break into the Capitol, causing lawmakers to go into hiding and leading to the fatal shooting of rioter Ashley Babbitt.

Gary Edwards was arrested Tuesday in connection to the riot, and has been charged with entering and disorderly conduct in a restricted building, disruption of official business, among other charges.

His wife Lynn's Facebook posts have since been deleted, the filing said. But according to officials, Lynn bragged: "Okay ladies let me tell you what happened as my husband was there inside the Capitol Rotunda."

In the filing, officials say they matched photographs of Lynn's husband Gary from the Facebook page to his driver's license, and used these to identify him in video footage and social media posts from the Capitol, showing "an individual who appeared to be Edwards."...........

Some updates
    ==================
    Four months after the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol, FBI agents maintain a steady pace of arresting people accused of taking part, as one of the largest criminal investigations in American history keeps growing.

"We're not done rounding up the worst of the worst," said one law enforcement official. "We're not slowing down."

More than 440 people have been charged with taking part in the Capitol siege, coming from all but five states — Mississippi, North and South Dakota, Vermont and Wyoming. The largest number come from Texas, Pennsylvania, and Florida, in that order.

Men outnumber women among those arrested by 7 to 1, with an average age of 39, according to figures compiled by the Program on Extremism at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. A total of 44 are military veterans.

More than 60 of those arrested so far face some of the most serious charges, of assaulting officers with the U.S. Capitol Police and Washington's Metropolitan Police departments. Officials said 140 officers were injured during the riot.

The pace of arrests has remain steady, as the FBI sorts through hundreds of thousands of public tips. In nearly 90 percent of the cases, charges have been based at least in part on a person's own social media accounts.............

I'm a little surprised this doesn't happen more often
    =====================================

A Utah man accused of assaulting police officers during the Capitol riots invited several of his MAGA friends to his initial court appearance on Thursday—then wreaked during the hearing, yelling at the judge and calling a court official “evil.”

Landon Kenneth Copeland, 33, faces several charges, including assaulting officers and disorderly contact, for allegedly attacking several law-enforcement officers during the Jan. 6 siege. Prosecutors allege that during a scuffle, Copeland grabbed a riot shield, shoved a fellow insurrectionist into a police line, and threw “a metal bike rack fence barricade” at officers.

During his initial court appearance on Thursday, Copeland came ready for another fight, this time with several lawyers and court officials after he boldly invited some of his friends—and his mother—to join the Zoom. Magistrate Judge Robin Meriweather ended up kicking out one of his friends after they chose an “expletive” as their username.

Soon after, Copeland began to shout, telling those in the virtual hearing, “I am in my car, I have nothing to hide.”.........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom