Bob Dole diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer (1 Viewer)

< Previous | Next >

Saint by the Bay

Reaction score
Like McCain, I did not agree with his policies much, but respected the man tremendously
97 is a good run
RiP
Yes. An honorable man who genuinely loved this country. I won't say RIP yet, but I will say I hope they can make him comfortable for the rest of his life and that he is given the honors he deserves when the time comes.

Yggdrasill

Reaction score
Man, I always liked Bob Dole. I'm sad for him that he had to witness the implosion and disgrace of his Party. He is a good man.

porculator

Reaction score
Dude cut me off on Constitution Ave once. Was driving to a softball game on the mall and this giant Cadillac with Handicapped Kansas plates swerved in front of me. I gave him a good honk, and then he turned off and parked at the WWII memorial and got out and I still feel terrible about it 15 years later.

SaulGoodmanEsq

Reaction score
Sad news. Dole is a true hero and a great man. The GOP could use more people like him today. I never understood what he saw in Trump, though.

SaulGoodmanEsq

Reaction score
I always remember his presidential bid, he came off stiff as cardboard! When he lost, he did some talk shows and was light, and funny, and relaxed and seemed pretty cool and I was like 'WTH? Why didn't you show that side of yourself sooner?!" :confused:
Along those lines, if you have not seen this yet:

Had she done this interview before the election it might have tipped enough votes in her favor.

SystemShock

Uh yu ka t'ann
Reaction score
I always remember his presidential bid, he came off stiff as cardboard! When he lost, he did some talk shows and was light, and funny, and relaxed and seemed pretty cool and I was like 'WTH? Why didn't you show that side of yourself sooner?!" :confused:
He wasn't that stiff, but put against a much younger Bill Clinton, who is/was very charismatic, he did look like a cardboard cut out. I remember listening to his candidacy acceptance speech, and feeling sorry for the man, because he looked tired, and old. I wanted him to win because I felt he deserved it.

Just to think, in the early 1980's, Dole created a foundation to help people with disabilities; 40 years later, the POTUS mocks people with disabilities. Dole lost the use of his right arm trying to get a wounded soldier to safety during a charge he lead in WWII; today, a Senator takes a vacation and leaves his State a frozen hell.

Here is to you, Sir!

pen.jpg

Last edited:

porculator

Reaction score
He wasn't that stiff, but put against a much younger Bill Clinton, who is/was very charismatic, he did look like a cardboard cut out.
If only he got to run against the Democrats' very own cardboard cutout in 2000, we might live in a very different world.

OP
Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
I thought this exact same thing about Al Gore and an inconvenient truth and the interviews he did promoting it

he was calm, engaging, passionate and even a little funny

I’ve always thought “where was this guy during the campaign?”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

< Previous | Next >

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Top Bottom