Biden and Investing in New Orleans (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bolo

Reaction score
    So Biden came to New Orleans yesterday to promote his infrastructure plan. The Sewage and Waterboard was brought up: https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/...ixes/289-5dffdd3a-8a87-4c81-ab88-975c5ef17a98

I really hope before Biden does anything, there is some fed watchdog entity sent by the Biden Admin to watch over this money how its spent/allocated, especially if New Orleans is going to get any from this. Some say the New Orleans Sewage and Waterboard fiasco is one of the most corrupt institutions in the entire country. Money continues being dumped into it with little to show for. There seems to be failures every time we get one of those "powerful" summer afternoon thunderstorms where flooding happens. This always trouts out the mayor claiming it was a "100 year rainstorm." We had like 4 or 5 of those a few years ago. Every time, there is blame on either one or two pumps that "magically" stopped working.

So Biden came to New Orleans yesterday to promote his infrastructure plan. The Sewage and Waterboard was brought up: https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/...ixes/289-5dffdd3a-8a87-4c81-ab88-975c5ef17a98

I really hope before Biden does anything, there is some fed watchdog entity sent by the Biden Admin to watch over this money how its spent/allocated, especially if New Orleans is going to get any from this. Some say the New Orleans Sewage and Waterboard fiasco is one of the most corrupt institutions in the entire country. Money continues being dumped into it with little to show for. There seems to be failures every time we get one of those "powerful" summer afternoon thunderstorms where flooding happens. This always trouts out the mayor claiming it was a "100 year rainstorm." We had like 4 or 5 of those a few years ago. Every time, there is blame on either one or two pumps that "magically" stopped working.

I don't know enough about the waterboard situation to comment on it but I can tell you that you aren't being lied to when you're told there are multiple 100 year storms happening in a year. Major weather events are becoming more frequent thanks to climate change and it's only going to get worse as time goes on.

Biden also went to Lake Charles yesterday and spoke by the I-10 bridge. Trump did the same thing I think, promising the city a new bridge. Basically that bridge is so bad it should technically be condemned, but LA has no funds for a new one. I think it was build in the 1960s and has a rating of like... 6 out of 100 for structural safety/viability.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom