Appeals court denies Trump immunity in DC election case (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

LovesMusic7360

Reaction score
    Former President Donald Trump does not have presidential immunity from prosecution on criminal charges related to his efforts to overturn his 2020 election loss, a federal appeals court ruled Tuesday.

Trump is expected to quickly ask the Supreme Court to overturn the appeals court decision.

trump knows he will not get immunity. That isn't the point of what he's doing.

He's doing his famous delay tactics to try to make sure that case isn't tried before the election.

He knows he will be found guilty and doesn't want that hanging over him during the election,

While he might be able to delay this case, he won't be able to delay the criminal fraud trial in NY state. He will have a guilty conviction before the election.

An innocent person would want that trial to happen quick to make sure that the charges aren't hanging over them during the election.

I’m waiting to hear if this opinion is crafted well enough that the appeal for an en banc hearing and the appeal to the Supreme Court will be denied. That will allow the case to move forward fairly quickly.

I’m waiting to hear if this opinion is crafted well enough that the appeal for an en banc hearing and the appeal to the Supreme Court will be denied. That will allow the case to move forward fairly quickly.
    these are low end legal counsel it will be the typical lying crap me is the being attacked by a witch-hunt argument.

I don't know but the appeals court gave trump until next Monday to appeal to the Supreme Court.

Oh, and the DC Circuit opinion referred to POTUS as an “officer” and the position as an “office” multiple times.

Yeah, I just saw this.

My understanding is that the appeals court is giving Trump a stay until the 12th. He can appeal to the Supreme Court after that or he can ask for an en banc review, but the stay ends on the 12th regardless. Once the stay expires, the trial that Chulktan is presiding over can resume.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom