All things political: Hurricane edition. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaulGoodmanEsq

Reaction score
    Have been monitoring the thread on SR.com as a useful aggregation of informational posts. Watching the calamity of Entergy's incompetence (yet again), I thought I'd start a thread hear to discuss the politics and policies with managing hurricanes in Southeast Louisiana and the Gulf South region.

Lots to say (vent) but, as a starting point, with the understanding that there are generators that feed off of the gas lines (which almost never seem to be damage during these events), I'm wondering why the State does not set these things up around essential businesses. True, a lot of these businesses have procured them on their own but I think it's an important enough infrastructure requirement that gas stations, grocery stores, etc. could be subsidized by the government at least to set up powerful gas generators that will keep these businesses open.

Be careful out there!

That is the parishes fault. They should have officers at all high stress areas. They are dropping the ball. They really don't have that many working stations to deal with. Send officers out.

I am not the biggest fan of st Bernard parish but they are doing things leaps and bounds better than everyone else right now. The have officers plural at every working station. One direct traffic and telling you how the line works. Stopping any cutting. All other possible entries blocked off so you use the right one.Then one officer right before the gas station telling you what number pump is open and what way to even pull up to it based on where your cap is.

It was enjoyable in comparison to the Orleans fill up I did. And much faster because of the lack drama. They were all super nice and talked to everyone. That is the way to handle the situation.

I am working in this and using a ton of fuel I will not gas up anywhere besides st Bernard until all this is over.

That is the parishes fault. They should have officers at all high stress areas. They are dropping the ball. They really don't have that many working stations to deal with. Send officers out.

I am not the biggest fan of st Bernard parish but they are doing things leaps and bounds better than everyone else right now. The have officers plural at every working station. One direct traffic and telling you how the line works. Stopping any cutting. All other possible entries blocked off so you use the right one.Then one officer right before the gas station telling you what number pump is open and what way to even pull up to it based on where your cap is.

It was enjoyable in comparison to the Orleans fill up I did. And much faster because of the lack drama. They were all super nice and talked to everyone. That is the way to handle the situation.

I am working in this and using a ton of fuel I will not gas up anywhere besides st Bernard until all this is over.
    I’ve only been to Costco and Wal-Mart Neighborhood so far. Costco has private security near the pumps, and they basically contraflowed the pumps and have employees directing. WM is doing the second part, but I don’t think the first. There’s a Shell station (I think?) near the interstate that did have police, but I feel like it’s more because of the location. If that got jammed up, it would affect some main roads.

I’M BACK BABY

About 2 hours short of a full week
    Yep happy for you and them pups.

Yep my neighbors are on and a inspector came out there is a problem at my pole connection. Said they had a whole other crew that does that stuff. So yep still patiently waiting. Hopefully tomorrow.

Don't care about the AC all that much just tired of tracking down ice and want to cook dinner when I want and not before the sun goes down. I don't want to buy another thing like a generator that I really have no use for normally and I have to maintain.

Got my fingers crossed tomorrow is my day

Yep happy for you and them pups.

Yep my neighbors are on and a inspector came out there is a problem at my pole connection. Said they had a whole other crew that does that stuff. So yep still patiently waiting. Hopefully tomorrow.

Don't care about the AC all that much just tired of tracking down ice and want to cook dinner when I want and not before the sun goes down. I don't want to buy another thing like a generator that I really have no use for normally and I have to maintain.

Got my fingers crossed tomorrow is my day
    Fingers crossed for you

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom