All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Yes, poor poor Farb, getting holocausted on a message board.
    Thanks for your empathy, but I am fine with it, I expect much worse to be honest with you, so thanks for not getting in this mud puddle all the time, it really hinders communication. As long as you know and acknowledge what that type of talk sounds like...my job here is done!

Thanks for your empathy, but I am fine with it, I expect much worse to be honest with you, so thanks for not getting in this mud puddle all the time, it really hinders communication. As long as you know and acknowledge what that type of talk sounds like...my job here is done!
    yea, I'm sorry you're being such a baby over covid. You aren't alone in trying to appropriate the holocaust though.

https://www.newsweek.com/members-congress-staff-exempt-biden-covid-vaccine-mandate-1627859

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nb...ubject-to-covid-19-vaccine-mandate/ar-AAOrrwx

yea, I'm sorry you're being such a baby over covid. You aren't alone in trying to appropriate the holocaust though.

Oh, I know I am not the first, I was alive during the last administration. I am sorry I am a big baby too, would I be more of a man if I shut my mouth and got the shot like instructed, like you did? You are a good boy though.

Does anyone know why we are mandated but our elected leaders don't have to be?
    Also, does anyone know if LeBron Xi has been vaxed yet or not? I would guess not since the NBA just passed this.

MetGala.jpg

This is the masked elite this weekend. Why you guys want to murder or at the very minimum celebrate your neighbors death, these are the people you listen to while they lecture you on how to be a good human. Are we sure this is as deadly as they say?

Something is not adding up.

https://www.outkick.com/its-a-cluster-fully-vaccinated-saints-staff-test-covid-positive/

I wonder since payton already had it and got super vaxed, if he will pick up again?

I would imagine Payton won’t get it since, as you said, he has both kinds of immunity. He’s in a good position here.

I choose to ignore the rest of your bitter, cynical rant. Except to say I don’t even know who those people are much less listen to them about Covid.

https://www.newsweek.com/members-congress-staff-exempt-biden-covid-vaccine-mandate-1627859

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nb...ubject-to-covid-19-vaccine-mandate/ar-AAOrrwx

Oh, I know I am not the first, I was alive during the last administration. I am sorry I am a big baby too, would I be more of a man if I shut my mouth and got the shot like instructed, like you did? You are a good boy though.

Also, does anyone know if LeBron Xi has been vaxed yet or not? I would guess not since the NBA just passed this.

MetGala.jpg

This is the masked elite this weekend. Why you guys want to murder or at the very minimum celebrate your neighbors death, these are the people you listen to while they lecture you on how to be a good human. Are we sure this is as deadly as they say?

https://www.outkick.com/its-a-cluster-fully-vaccinated-saints-staff-test-covid-positive/

I wonder since payton already had it and got super vaxed, if he will pick up again?
    Who are "you guys"?

BTW that photo isn't from this year, Kylie is way pregnant.

I would imagine Payton won’t get it since, as you said, he has both kinds of immunity. He’s in a good position here.

I choose to ignore the rest of your bitter, cynical rant. Except to say I don’t even know who those people are much less listen to them about Covid.
    It would be good to know though, but your probably correct.

Thank you for giving me hope!

Who are "you guys"?

BTW that photo isn't from this year, Kylie is way pregnant.
    I have no idea who Kylie is, but I congratulate her for taking a kid to term.

I was trying to find a picture of this years event since no one but the hirelings were wearing masks. So we are about to fight each other over stupid commands that the ones that are given the commands don't have to follow (don't miss the link about Congress).

I have no idea who Kylie is, but I congratulate her for taking a kid to term.

I was trying to find a picture of this years event since no one but the hirelings were wearing masks. So we are about to fight each other over stupid commands that the ones that are given the commands don't have to follow (don't miss the link about Congress).
    I know what everyone was wearing every year, so that probably tells you something about me.

I also think that what they are wearing is about as deep as any of them are, so i don't care what they think about anything.

Who is wearing a mask has nothing to do with what i think people should do. Even vacced, they should all be masking indoors.

Yes, experts and those with letters behind their name are not infallible.
    I would absolutely agree. Look that this whole vaccination and mask quagmire the 'experts' go us in.
    But I have a feeling you only mean the experts you agree with.

I agree with the evidence, not the experts.

It is not the 'experts' who have created the quagmire. It is the anti-vaxxers, the religious, the right-wingers with their anti-science and anti-anything-the-Dems-say stances that have.

MetGala.jpg

Your elected officials (including your Republican ones) are all vaxed. They're just letting the rubes that elect them die unnecessarily so that they can force a cultural divide and gen up votes and anger from those that survive. They aren't stupid, just manipulative.

Yes, Covid is deadly, 650,000 people have already died. Nobody has to say anything.

Your feelings of COVID persecution are very much in line with your Christianity. You play that part well. You've carried your cross, erected it and nailed yourself to it. Talk about pulling yourself up by your bootstraps.

Your elected officials (including your Republican ones) are all vaxed. They're just letting the rubes that elect them die unnecessarily so that they can force a cultural divide and gen up votes and anger from those that survive. They aren't stupid, just manipulative.

Yes, Covid is deadly, 650,000 people have already died. Nobody has to say anything.

Your feelings of COVID persecution are very much in line with your Christianity. You play that part well. You've carried your cross, erected it and nailed yourself to it. Talk about pulling yourself up by your bootstraps.
    Thank you for that. I feel as if I have accomplished something now and I will sleep easy tonight.

Would I not still have one hand free after nailing myself to this cross you brought up?

Are we still up in arms about the whole manufactured in a Chinese lab thingy or have we all accepted that another alt-right conspiracy theory might be correct again?

DeSantis doubling down
    ===================
    Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida, a Republican, has descended to a jaw-dropping level of cynicism. At a news conference on Monday, he announced that if local governments in Florida impose vaccine mandates on their employees, he would fine them $5,000 for every worker.

Then he stood silently by as Gainesville city employees made false claims about the mRNA vaccines that have saved countless lives during the pandemic.

Although the wave of illness from the delta variant appears to be receding in Florida, the state has suffered a terrible summer toll of hospitalizations and deaths.

A governor facing such a cataclysm might naturally be expected to use all methods to keep people safe.

Instead, Mr. DeSantis, an ally of former president Donald Trump, has for months been campaigning against mask and vaccine mandates and actively sought to prevent business, government and schools from imposing them.

These are vital tools to save lives in the face of a highly transmissible disease, but the governor insists that everyone should have the right to make their own decision.

He casts himself as a defender of personal freedom.
This is a favorite argument of Republican governors and others, including Mr. Trump, who last year amid lockdowns was tweeting “LIBERATE MICHIGAN” and other states. But personal freedom does not give an individual the right to hurt others.

Those not wearing masks and refusing to get vaccinated are spreading the virus and overcrowding the nation’s hospitals. They are the majority of those who are dying. This is not freedom; it is recklessness………

More desantis
    =============
    For four-plus years of Donald Trump’s ramblings on Twitter, the GOP conveniently didn’t see that tweet.

When Trump claimed a stolen election, his fellow Republicans instead offered a watered-down case for merely questioning the election results — even as the Jan. 6 Capitol rioters internalized Trump’s starker version.

And now, with coronavirus vaccine misinformation proliferating in their midst and severely hampering efforts to stomp out the virus, they have repeatedly shrugged off the need to do anything about it.

Many high-profile Republicans have fought the pandemic by encouraging vaccinations. But few of them have been willing to take the next step: to combat the misinformation epidemic that plagues the very effort they support.

And they have done so in altogether familiar ways.
At an event Monday, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) appeared with a man who promoted a conspiracy theory common among anti-vaxxers. “The vaccine changes your RNA,” claimed the man, an employee of a utility company. “So for me, that’s a problem.”

DeSantis stood right next to him, staring at him as he said this. But when pressed on why he, as an advocate for vaccination, didn’t weigh in,

DeSantis claimed he didn’t hear the man’s statement.
“Honestly, I don’t even remember him saying that, so it’s not anything I’ve said,” DeSantis told Politico’s Marc Caputo. DeSantis didn’t submit to a follow-up question…….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom